Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Boeing 787-9 (789) seating questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing 787-9 (789) seating questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2023, 1:13 pm

18E

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
I booked some October flights YYZ-EDI, return, I snagged the last preferred seats both ways, 18E outbound and 31H on the return. Definitely not my first choice, I far prefer window seats, for all kinds of reasons,

A question, sitting in the middle seat of a preferred bulkhead row usually means a bassinet possibility. Does the bassinet attach right in front of 18E? Because if so, that would not be great.

I am stalking daily to see if anything else opens up, but I have my doubts.

Thanks.
How was the bulkhead seating?
Could you comment if 18E middle armrest was liftable?
How was 31H?
Traveling with an infant and looking for the best seat.

She will likely fall asleep in our arms, so would need a liftable armrest for her to lie horizontal.

Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2023, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Yoyo14
With this being your first post, Welcome to FT.

All of Row 18's armrests, including 18E, are NOT liftable.
Yoyo14 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 4:15 pm

How was 31H?

She will likely fall asleep in our arms, so would need a liftable armrest for her to lie horizontal.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by yyznomad
With this being your first post, Welcome to FT.

All of Row 18's armrests, including 18E, are NOT liftable.
Same with row 31 -- all of the armrests are not liftable.

I find the legroom in row 18 and row 31DEG to be a bit tight. Knee room is excellent, but it is uncomfortable with your feet up against a solid wall, especially for long overseas flights. I am tall with long legs (38" inseams).

Row 31ABC/HJK have almost infinite legroom. If I'm on this plane in economy, that is where you'll always find me. I will book another flight or take a different airline if I can't get one of those 6 seats and I'm flying in Y.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 6:56 pm

How was 31H?

Thanks!
Row 18 armrests do not lift. Bulkhead middle seat was far better than 31H. 31H sticks out into the aisle, it is bumped into, and not great at all. Massive legroom, but feet get walked on. Neither bulkhead or exit rows have moveable armrests. Buy a seat,, and take her car seat.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
Row 18 armrests do not lift. Bulkhead middle seat was far better than 31H. 31H sticks out into the aisle, it is bumped into, and not great at all. Massive legroom, but feet get walked on. Neither bulkhead or exit rows have moveable armrests. Buy a seat,, and take her car seat.
Thank you for the info.
I've tried booking her a seat.

Flying out of Northern Ontario, Canada.
Current: Booked 2 seats + lap infant = 135k Aeroplan + $2000.
Proposed: 3 seats = $16,000 for economy.

Alternatively, can drive 8 hrs to Toronto or 6 hrs to Detroit and stay overnight to get that 3 rd seat = $6,000.
Then I have to drive back home jetlagged.

So, those are my not so easy choices...
​​​​
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.