Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC touting upcoming service enhancements (October 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM

Press release here.

Quick summary:
  • Premium Rouge iPads out, free WiFi for Premium Rouge pax in.
  • WiFi installation "will be complete across the remainder of narrow-body aircraft in 2023."
  • Live TV, Bluetooth audio connectivity to IFE, and outside cameras to come in the future for IFE.
  • Economy class international meals are getting the Ferrer treatment, adding an appetizer "reflecting destination cuisine" with a separate dessert service.
  • Premium service is back to including offers to hang coats, and PDBs to be offered
  • New amenity kits for Int'l J from Acqua di Parma.
  • NAm Signature overnight service will include the Int'l PE amenity kit once again.
  • Chauffeur Service in YVR from November
  • Lounge stuff seems like mostly review of buffets being back, hot appies in the cafe, although it does mention a new priorty access lane at "select Maple Leaf Lounges during peak times" for Business Class and SEs... which I was not aware of though I haven't been on AC in a few months.
Sounds like mostly positive news for premium pax, although this is an airline that can't seem to figure out how to acquire champagne, soooooo...

ETA -- Page here adds more details:
  • Economy international appetizers on flights to and from "China, Europe, India, Japan, the Middle East, South America, and the South Pacific." -- which covers most of international international routes except Korea, unless I'm missing something? "These can include either soba noodles, chaat, hummus and vegetables, cheese and crackers or marinated cucumber salad"
  • PDB just on international flights, so I guess no OJ/water choice on North American J. But "hot towel service and warm nuts bar snacks throughout all our premium cabins" which is great because I have missed the hot nuts with the pre-meal drink.

Last edited by HometoYYZ; Oct 27, 2022 at 7:57 am
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: AC, SK, AY, Marriott, BW, Avis
Nice to have PDBs, and wifi on the 7M8s
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Looks like some nice enhancements.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
At last, some real enhancements
EdmFlyBoi likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:26 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Nice to have PDBs, and wifi on the 7M8s
With AC's completely shambolic roll-out of WiFi over the entire 8+ year history of the project, I'll believe it when I see it. There are already reports of issues with the new system that has begun to be rolled out on the 7M8 fleet. I'm also annoyed at the lack of precision in the announcement as to whether they're ever going to put WiFi on the rest of the CR9 fleet.
arf04, Symmetre, YYC3722 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
The lack of wifi on business heavy transcon routes now heavily serviced by Max8 is brutal. The wording in your list doesn't give me a lot of confidence when/if this will get worked out. It was going to be resolved soon pre-covid.
Da_Master likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I've missed the hot towels.

AC doesn't know how to keep their schedule on-time as is. so I'm OK with missing a PDB i guess, but its still pathetic.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Finally!

Some thoughts based on recent flights:
Ditching the iPads in premiumRouge is a great idea, I much prefer to whip out my mac and watch something there. No need for a grimy iPad.

I've missed the warm nuts & hot towels but for me, one of the biggest positives in this announcement is that they'll hang my jacket. I usually end up flying with a blazer / sport coat or whatever, and on those long haul sectors having to scrunch it up in the bin (or hang it on the minuscule "hook" really irked me.

Overall, there are a few enhancements, but mostly just restoration of pre-covid service levels- which I am not complaining about. Quite happy to see this!

I'll be in the YUL Int'l MLL in a couple weeks, hopefully they'll have some of the "bubbly and rosé" on offer.

Last edited by rafi2k6; Oct 27, 2022 at 10:26 am
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
These are all great improvements. I agree that everyone has a device now (even for children...), and the iPads in Prem Rouge are unnecessary.

I actually forgot that there used to be PDB and hot towels.

Priority access to lounge for J / SE is a big plus. I stopped trying to go to MLL's at times now because there's just no room.

I flew a 3 hour flight recently a 7M8 without wifi and had planned to do work... I hadn't flown a 7M8 in a while and forgot about the lack of wifi. I think this will be the biggest improvement.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Sounds wonderful. Cannot wait for my December flight to Europe. I miss hot towels and PDB so much.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
I'll be in the YUL Int'l MLL in a couple weeks, hopefully they'll have some of the "bubbly and roé" on offer.
Prosecco has been available in that lounge for a while. Nothing new here.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
With AC's completely shambolic roll-out of WiFi over the entire 8+ year history of the project, I'll believe it when I see it. There are already reports of issues with the new system that has begun to be rolled out on the 7M8 fleet. I'm also annoyed at the lack of precision in the announcement as to whether they're ever going to put WiFi on the rest of the CR9 fleet.
Ive done quite a few TATL YHZ-LHR trips which is serviced by the 7M8 and the wifi connectivity is horrendous. I’d say it’s down for approximately 50% of the flight at random times. Completely inadequate.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
They should consider free SDC for SE and 75K at least. Trying to leave a city 2 hrs earlier should not cost $75 or whatever, if there is space available.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jasdou
Prosecco has been available in that lounge for a while. Nothing new here.
I'm talking about proper champagne
LMF likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:39 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yay - nuts and towels again!

I'm curious as to which A/C will be getting the tail and belly cameras.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.