Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC touting upcoming service enhancements (October 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC touting upcoming service enhancements (October 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan E75K, Marriott gold, HHonors silver
I hope these changes mean the end of the croissants being wrapped in cello.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Press release here ...

ETA -- Page here adds more details ...
Leave it to AC to make a big deal about finally partially* resuming pre-pandemic services a full year after many other airlines have done so. (And of course, I can't even view the above links without being redirected to the log in screen, logging in, then redirected to the AC home page, and then navigating myself back to the link.)

* As far as I can see, no mention of resumption of the pre-pandemic breakfast service on eastbound TATL routes. That plastic-wrapped pastry thing they're serving now is an abomination to European culture.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Originally Posted by smes
Who is their satellite provider? Must be a significant upgrade for bandwidth if they are offering live TV as well. Would be fun to watch a hockey game in the air, though you've been able to do that for a while on WestJet.
Oh. not for many years now. Westjet went to a library IFE system, accessed through your personal device, a long time ago, and the quantum of content is highly underwhelming. AC has it beats hands down, and Live TV is a legitimate enhancement.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
and Live TV is a legitimate enhancement.
I wish I could watch the World Series on an AC plane. Not sure if their Wi-Fi can allow it.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Air Canada Chauffeur Service will be introduced at Vancouver International Airport.”
from Canadian flights.

Most domestic gates are 25-200m from the lounge. I don’t really get it.
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Is that for domestic to international connection?
It's only for domestic to international Signature.

The Express gates are substantially more than 200m from the SS.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Making a lot of sense. By car it is fairly close but through the terminal building it is a lot of walking.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
It's nice to finally see the Y meal updates. I took part in a focus group back in 2019 to get opinions on the new food offerings, tray layout and breakfast choices. It was a nice improvement and then COVID happened. Assuming AC rolls out what I was presented back then, it should be a nice improvement.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
Oh. not for many years now. Westjet went to a library IFE system, accessed through your personal device, a long time ago, and the quantum of content is highly underwhelming. AC has it beats hands down, and Live TV is a legitimate enhancement.
Don't quite follow the technology but Live TV on existing carriers has always been an issue when flying over a body of water. Has the changed? Have been blacked out on several American carriers flying over the Pacific to Hawaii.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow

I can walk to the SS faster than a car could get me there from most gates.
A car would be useful for a tight airside connection where there is no time to visit the lounge.
ie: connecting from gate 24 to 62.
No point in getting to the connecting flight to quickly is there is checked baggage to wait for.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Air Canada Chauffeur Service will be introduced at Vancouver International Airport.”
from Canadian flights.

Most domestic gates are 25-200m from the lounge. I don’t really get it.
The gates that are at the end of the Pier C are probably a 10-15 minute walk from the international lounge and if you are being driven gate to gate, the walk could be further. But I do agree, it is not like YVR is Frankfurt where the gates can be over a 30 minute walk from each other. There is the "coolness" factor of being picked up in a car at a domestic gate though...
boomerfss likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
The gates that are at the end of the Pier C are probably a 10-15 minute walk from the international lounge and if you are being driven gate to gate, the walk could be further. But I do agree, it is not like YVR is Frankfurt where the gates can be over a 30 minute walk from each other. There is the "coolness" factor of being picked up in a car at a domestic gate though...
Actually, it is a routine service in some Asian airports to drive CIPs from the lounge to the plane, we’ll ahead everyone from the gate. The vehicle was way less cool than a Porsche, though.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:11 am

Honestly I don't see much improvement here!

Pre-takeoff beverages and hot towels and new amenity kits are nice, but the key elements are still missing - such as the reintroduction of fruit and cheese board on main meals on all daytime and early evening flights, as well as a proper hot breakfast and hot light meals as second meals on many of these transatlantic flights. The croissant in a plastic wrap is unacceptable and a hot breakfast option should always be offered. I don't want a random supermarket style cheese and cracker plate as breakfast. I want an omelet or at least some real warm pastries like croissants and fruit Danish! On Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton to and from Europe flight should feature a hot breakfast and a hot light meal as the second meal.

I still don't have much incentive to fly AC business especially after flying Austrian and Lufthansa business class transatlantic flights.

Carfield
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by NikinYOW
I hope these changes mean the end of the croissants being wrapped in cello.
Especially when they’re still frozen and somehow smashed to be completely flat like a pancake. Which has unfortunately happened to me multiple times.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Carfield
Honestly I don't see much improvement here!

Pre-takeoff beverages and hot towels and new amenity kits are nice, but the key elements are still missing - such as the reintroduction of fruit and cheese board on main meals on all daytime and early evening flights, as well as a proper hot breakfast and hot light meals as second meals on many of these transatlantic flights. The croissant in a plastic wrap is unacceptable and a hot breakfast option should always be offered. I don't want a random supermarket style cheese and cracker plate as breakfast. I want an omelet or at least some real warm pastries like croissants and fruit Danish! On Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton to and from Europe flight should feature a hot breakfast and a hot light meal as the second meal.

I still don't have much incentive to fly AC business especially after flying Austrian and Lufthansa business class transatlantic flights.

Carfield
Fair points but clearly some additional tweaks to food are your motivation for choosing what carrier you fly. As much as Austrian and Lufthansa have good catering, their hard product is worse for overnight TATL flights so if you value sleep or privacy more, right now AC is the better bet.

I agree, return to at least the old service standards is long overdue and trying to catch up to best practices of carriers vis-a-vis food would be fantastic. For me though, fast/stable wifi, bluetooth connectivity, solid IFE, and a good hard product are the deciding factors.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vernonc
They should consider free SDC for SE and 75K at least. Trying to leave a city 2 hrs earlier should not cost $75 or whatever, if there is space available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.