Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC touting upcoming service enhancements (October 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC touting upcoming service enhancements (October 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 172pilot
Actually the whole catering was wrong. The appetizer and the beef didn’t match the menu. Not sure about the other choices.

Usually the other way around. The menu doesn't match the catering. The world over with the vast majority of airlines, catering compliance seems to be an issue ongoing issue.
arf04 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Usually the other way around. The menu doesn't match the catering. The world over with the vast majority of airlines, catering compliance seems to be an issue ongoing issue.
My last flight was a 789 yet the mobile app plainly showed a narrowbody menu. I was positively surprised when I got Signature menu. But as a low status upgrade, I did not get my first choice, but second choice is still better than the first choice in 7M8 J (where I sometimes do not even get that).
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
I love the hot-HAND-towel service - but I just cringe as I watch a few people around me basically take a wash-cloth bath with them. Arms, face, open the shirt and do a bit of their chest.
FlyingUsedToBeFun likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by YVR72
I love the hot-HAND-towel service - but I just cringe as I watch a few people around me basically take a wash-cloth bath with them. Arms, face, open the shirt and do a bit of their chest.
what's wrong with that ?
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:15 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've had a few member comments about the overlap between this thread and existing threads (e.g. on J meals). So going forward, to the extent there are threads already on these topics, please post there rather than in this thread. Non-exhaustive list:
Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Old Nov 20, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Was on AC1281 today. Last minute equipment change from 789 to 330 (new cabin at least). No PDB; no hot towels, no warm nuts, no welcome or personalized greeting as a SE. Orders for food taken back to front, my choice gone when it came to me in row 4. SD said catering only loaded 4 of that meal today. I asked if she had my status on her sheet. She said she’d go look, came back said my status was there but she was unwilling to tell another Pax (or staff member) they couldn’t have that meal. Basically ignored the rest of the flight. SD mostly disappeared for the flight.

Overall a very dreadful “signature class” experience.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Was on AC1281 today. Last minute equipment change from 789 to 330 (new cabin at least). No PDB; no hot towels, no warm nuts, no welcome or personalized greeting as a SE. Orders for food taken back to front, my choice gone when it came to me in row 4. SD said catering only loaded 4 of that meal today. I asked if she had my status on her sheet. She said she’d go look, came back said my status was there but she was unwilling to tell another Pax (or staff member) they couldn’t have that meal. Basically ignored the rest of the flight. SD mostly disappeared for the flight.

What a complete failure of service. I would write in.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
"I'll have the [unavailable meal]."

"Do you want to tell the SE or the other pax that they can't have their first choice?"
Old Nov 20, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Admittedly I’m not sure what the rules are regarding service after pushback but we sat on the apron for over an hour waiting to goto deice. And then waited about 45 to an hour at deice before departure. There was plenty of time to do a pre departure service (if allowed?).

They pushed back from the gate super early though (gotta have those delay numbers at low as possible). Time shows we departed over 90 minutes before we actually did.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by c224488
What a complete failure of service. I would write in.
This is the best part "she was unwilling to tell another Pax (or staff member) they couldn’t have that meal. "

Yes, that is what you will have to do darling....you screwed up. Seems like another case of "barely service" onboard this one.

I never understood while staff get meal priority. I had one SD tell me "Oh you cant have another cheese plate cause then the staff wont get one....

Write in to highlight this service failure
expert7700 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
AMS-YYZ yesterday. Good crew. Hot towel, warm nuts, champagne, etc all back. The green curry chicken sucked big time.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
I don't think that LAS is a "Signature Service" destination but still sorry to hear of your mediocre service.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've had a few member comments about the overlap between this thread and existing threads (e.g. on J meals). So going forward, to the extent there are threads already on these topics, please post there rather than in this thread. Non-exhaustive list:

Moderator note: since this thread keeps veering off in to topics that are covered elsewhere, I'll reiterate the above post, note also the meal priority thread, and bring this one to a close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.