Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Standard Ticket magically became Basic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standard Ticket magically became Basic

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 3:42 pm

Had this happen to me in the pre-covid times for a YYZ-LHR fare. I was able to argue successfully at the airport that my bag should be checked for free and via the feedback form that I should get the SQM/AQD for the standard fare instead of the basic fare. However, they never acknowledged the error, just said they were doing me a favor.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jarjay92
Had this happen to me in the pre-covid times for a YYZ-LHR fare. I was able to argue successfully at the airport that my bag should be checked for free and via the feedback form that I should get the SQM/AQD for the standard fare instead of the basic fare. However, they never acknowledged the error, just said they were doing me a favor.
Good to know it can be rectified. I suspect that CR will be willing to fix this, but at the same time...what a lousy experience.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Circling back on this:

Customer Relations acknowledged what we suspected...this was a basic fare that was marketed as standard due to errors in the acquisition system. Apparently it wasn't limited to just this fare either and was a known bug for a few days before they patched it .They've refunded all seat selection fees and provided a credit, and hopefully the issue is permanently fixed. Thanks to all who provided advice.
pilot007 and Bohemian1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.