Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
Q: For the May-September Europe portion of this promo, which flights does it apply to?
sub-Q1: Does it apply to flights to and from Europe?
A: Yes, both. Initially, AC's English-language was somewhat confusing and only mentioned flights "to" Europe, but it was later clarified that both to and from qualify.
sub-Q2: Does it apply on all flights on a booking to/from Europe?
A: No, only the flights that touch Europe will count. So, for example, on a YYC-YYZ-FCO booking, only YYZ-FCO would qualify for the bonus. Note: that the flight must be operated by AC to qualify for the promo.

Q: If I buy a fare that earns 150% SQM, will I receive 250% or 300%?
A: You will receive 300%.

The first sweep only had the 100% bonus applied to the base rate, and not the COS bonus, so in this instance, you would receive 250%. They are now retroactively adding the COS bonus, and nearly everyone seems to have received it. The second sweep applied the 100% bonus to the total, so you would receive 300% right away.

Q: Has anyone received the 5k SQM, 5 SQS, 500 SQD from Part 1 yet?
A:
Yes, but not everyone. Those began to post June 2, and were back-dated to April 20th in Aeroplan's list of activities.

Q: Has anyone received the bonus on Europe flights after April 30?
A:
Yes, but not everyone.

Q: Okay, then what is the most recent date for a Europe flight that has credited?
A: Sept 29, 2022.

Print Wikipost

Accelerate Your Way to Status (for 2023) - 2022 promo [see wiki if promo not posted]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I have no evidence, but I'd bet even more money now that it works exactly like the SE bonus.

The SQM bonus is equal to the base miles earned, without a COS bonus.

Business is 100% + 100% bonus + 50% COS = 250%
Standard is 50%* + (100% of 50% = 50%) bonus = 100%

*Is it? I'm using your example, but I thought there was a 25% too?
Nah, I only flew Flex for January, i'm trying to see if anyone had flew Standard that had the bonuses posted already?

You're right, probably the final result with the bonuses are.

Standard - 50 or 100% of Base Miles
Flex - 200% of Base Miles
Comfort - 215% of Base Miles
Premium Economy - 225% of Base Miles
Business - 250% of Base Miles

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Feb 19, 2022 at 12:36 am
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:35 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I have no evidence, but I'd bet even more money now that it works exactly like the SE bonus.

The SQM bonus is equal to the base miles earned, without a COS bonus.
Yes, as usual, AC is giving the shaft to people who buy premium fares. What a joke.

Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Why wouldn't the math change when the domestic economy is 25%?
Total SQM = (Base SQM) * 2 + COS
or
Bonus SQM = Base SQM

Plug in whatever number you want. The formula is agnostic.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Yes, as usual, AC is giving the shaft to people who buy premium fares. What a joke.
Well I'm now two promotions behind everyone else, again. I don't mind my fair share of the shaft, but I seem to be getting it a lot with AC lately.
lsquare, YYC3722 and vancouver25k like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Now I'm doubly curious if anyone has any Data Point on Standard Fares to report back
It would be a "Real Salt in the Wound" if it was mysteriously 50% + 100%
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:48 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Now I'm doubly curious if anyone has any Data Point on Standard Fares to report back
It would be a "Real Salt in the Wound" if it was mysteriously 50% + 100%
It won't be. As the cow said, it will be base SQM.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:57 am

It won't be. As the cow said, it will be base SQM.
Ya now that I've given it more thought and listen to what Cow said, I agree.

Would still prefer to see a datapoint is all.
It's not like I would buying Standard in any case
Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Yes, I thought they'd double the COS as well, but what really surprised me was giving 100% base SQM as a bonus on standard fares. Quite a promo for those fares and I'll bet there are now some excellent mileage runs possible!
I'm not too bothered, It's the double SQD that's going to help me re-qualify for SE this year, but I'm hoping to get the banked year of SE status as well and it would have helped.me hit the 250k SQM threshold.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
In my post last night, part of what I wrote was

Originally Posted by 24left
Yup. BTW, the bonus SQM is 100% of Base Miles, no COS. At least on mine.......
My series of January flights were all CO fares, and this (plus the correct and incorrect SQD) is what shows: 2,076 for the Base Miles on the YVR-YYZ route.

The T&C for Part B of the Promo read:

"The number of Bonus SQM/SQS/SQD will depend on the fare option, booking class and distance travelled for each individual Eligible Scheduled Flight flown"

As per discussion in this thread, it was never clear (to some of us and could be interpreted differently) whether the bonus would be 100% of Base Miles of what you flew, or what you bought eg. Latitude 100% base miles + 25% COS. We could argue that the words "fare option, booking class" could be interpreted as the promo bonus being based on exactly what we purchased, but I never make assumptions when it comes to AC promos - as history has shown. imho.

Other FTers had asked me how I was calculating/tracking it for my own flights and I said it took nothing but a minute to create a separate column based on COS.

I note as well that the bump with the promo SQM put me past another Threshold yet the associated upgrades are not showing. My next flight will have put me past that same threshold so I don't care, but by the end of this, and depending how much bonus SQM one accumulates, it "might" make a difference.

Not everyone has the time or energy to chase AC/Aeroplan for missing SQx on original flights, thus also missing from the promo bonus, then for potentially missing related UGs, Priority Awards as well. YMMV, I suppose.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: AC, PD First, SPG Plat
Does anyone have any samples to double confirm if the following formula applies for Standard + PY + J fares?

Business - 150% SQM Base + 100% SQM Bonus
Can confirm for J.
SFO-YYZ 2251 Base + 1126 COS + 2251 Bonus

It's still a great promo
Short hair Francis likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
My mid January flights are now in tonight 👍
They definitely weren't in earlier today when you originally made this post 😊

24left, you had comfort for your runs right?
I had Flex for mine so that's naturally easy to calculate 😂

Does anyone have any samples to double confirm if the following formula applies for Standard + PY + J fares?

Standard - 25/50% SQM Base + 100% SQM Bonus???
Flex - 100% SQM Base + 100% SQM Bonus <SHF's example>
Comfort - 115% SQM Base + 100% SQM Bonus <24left's example>
Premium Economy - 125% SQM Base + 100% SQM Bonus
Business - 150% SQM Base + 100% SQM Bonus
I only buy CO fares (other than int'l) and the bonus posted with the base SQM
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Yes, I thought they'd double the COS as well, but what really surprised me was giving 100% base SQM as a bonus on standard fares. Quite a promo for those fares and I'll bet there are now some excellent mileage runs possible!
I'm not too bothered, It's the double SQD that's going to help me re-qualify for SE this year, but I'm hoping to get the banked year of SE status as well and it would have helped.me hit the 250k SQM threshold.
I don't think we have any sample size on the standard fares to confirm the final result.

I agree cheapening out on the J bonus seems self-defeating in a time like this.

Originally Posted by lcohen999
I only buy CO fares (other than int'l) and the bonus posted with the base SQM
Find it rather hilarious in the last 16 hrs or so, theres been reports back of FL, CO, LT, EL fare & bonus postings.
Just not the cheapest TG ones 🤣🤣
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I don't think we have any sample size on the standard fares to confirm the final result.

Find it rather hilarious in the last 16 hrs or so, theres been reports back of FL, CO, LT, EL fare & bonus postings.
Just not the cheapest TG ones 🤣🤣
I'm flying Standard tomorrow and Monday, will report back.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: AC 75K
I flew standard fares and they posted basically as a duplicate of the normal credit.

i.e YVR-YOW standard gave me $149 SQD, 1102 SQM, 1 SQS. The promotional entry in my activity posted the exact same (so I got $298 SQD, 2204, 2 SQS).
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
I'm flying Standard tomorrow and Monday, will report back.
LMAO 🤣🤣🤣
Please don't be offended 🙏

The bonuses posting now are only reflective of January flights, we'll need to wait at least a month for your data point LOL 🤣

Originally Posted by WesternCDN
I flew standard fares and they posted basically as a duplicate of the normal credit.

i.e YVR-YOW standard gave me $149 SQD, 1102 SQM, 1 SQS. The promotional entry in my activity posted the exact same (so I got $298 SQD, 2204, 2 SQS).
👍👍, Guess this settles it, the Cow got it right for the formula

Total SQM = (Base SQM) * 2 + COS

Last edited by Adam Smith; Feb 19, 2022 at 11:58 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Please don't be offended 🙏

The bonuses posting now are only reflective of January flights, we'll need to wait at least a month for your data point LOL
I flew J all of last week, Flex last night and Latitude week after next, I'm not offended at all.

My bonuses posted yesterday for flights I took Feb 10.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.