Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:35 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
rumrunner.cowtool.com
I can't be the only one who actually tried to open that url
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:50 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canopus27
I can't be the only one who actually tried to open that url
Would this actually be a cowtool though? Is a tool a cowtool just because it was built by the cow, or does it have to have something to do with flying?
canopus27 and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by smallmj
How do you keep track? Do you keep a rum database in the cloud with distilleries, rums, and ratings?
The possibility of a retailer keeping details consumption data on customers and rewarding them is a shock to you?

The real question is if they ever run out of Coke Zero.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RangerNS
These aren't the kind of rums one mixes with Coke Zero...
Old Oct 12, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Would this actually be a cowtool though? Is a tool a cowtool just because it was built by the cow, or does it have to have something to do with flying?
The first Cowtool was created to assist a task Cow performs frequently, so one could argue that any tool with similar utility could be so named.

The difference here being that new rums are being created all the time. New distilleries pop up, old ones change their product lineups, release limited/special editions, etc, so it's even easier to keep it fresh.
Certainly true, though I suspect CowRumConsumptionRate > NewRumReleaseRate.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Oct 12, 2022 at 8:00 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Oct 12, 2022, 7:49 am

These aren't the kind of rums one mixes with Coke Zero...
When it isn't Fleet Week one still need a chaser.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 8:01 am

When it isn't Fleet Week one still need a chaser.
If it's good enough not to need a mixer, why would it need a chaser?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 8:24 am

If it's good enough not to need a mixer, why would it need a chaser?
So you can have more than 5 a night without dying.

Are we still talking about rum?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 9:08 am

So you can have more than 5 a night without dying.
That just requires practice, not a chaser
RangerNS likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:22 am

That just requires practice, not a chaser
...which is why I'm now moving into the next phase of my training regimen for a week in Scotland in late November: Peat Sprints.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
...which is why I'm now moving into the next phase of my training regimen for a week in Scotland in late November: Peat Sprints.
Stick to Speyside and you won't have to deal with much peat!
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:25 am

Stick to Speyside and you won't have to deal with much peat!
I'm travelling with a mix of Speyside and Islay devotees, so both will be on the menu.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smallmj
How do you keep track? Do you keep a rum database in the cloud with distilleries, rums, and ratings?
The bar keeps track. You can't just walk in and say "I drank 500 rums" and get a fancy plaque.

The possibility of a retailer keeping details consumption data on customers and rewarding them is a shock to you?

They don't serve CZ. They do have a diet cola, and I have used it to try their in-house spiced rum.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The bar keeps track. You can't just walk in and say "I drank 500 rums" and get a fancy plaque.

They don't serve CZ. They do have a diet cola, and I have used it to try their in-house spiced rum.
Do they also keep track of what you have and haven't tasted yet? I was more curious about tracking the varieties than the totals.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by YOWgary
I'm travelling with a mix of Speyside and Islay devotees, so both will be on the menu.
That's too bad.

When you're in Speyside, I highly recommend having lunch at the Mash Tun in Aberlour. The hot beef and cheddar baguette is excellent, although Mrs. Smith would tell you to have the Brie and cranberry one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.