Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YOW mini-/nano-DOs (December 11/18, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mcott
The Micro-DO: Saturday, December 18th, downstairs at Darcy McGees, 44 Sparks Street - 7PM
(5 minute walk from the Fairmont/Westin, 10 minutes from the Marriott/Delta)

CONFIRMED
YOWgary +1
canadiancow
recreationaltimetraveller +1
American Bovine
D582

WAITLISTED
Adam Smith - most likely to attend if there's also a YYZ Do to go to
Politico_PK

VDB
yyznomad
Plumber
Bohemian1​​​
allanyong

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum

Hi folks,

Following GHT's lead, and a few side conversations, I think it's time to talk about a YOW mini-DO as well.

Given that the Toronto planning thread has beaten me out of the gate, I'd like to suggest whichever weekend they *don't* take, out of Nov 27 / Dec 4 / Dec 11, but please let me know if anyone's interested / able to make these dates. I think trying to fit YYZ and YOW into one weekend would be too tight of a fit, unless there are a lot more end-of-year mileage-runners out there than I thought.

Depending on numbers, we could do the back room at Metropolitan, but there are plenty of options.

...thoughts?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm almost certainly out. In BCN on the 27th, and not really keen on heading to ON that early in December.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Definitely can't do 27th if we're talking strictly being a Saturday vs. the "weekend of".
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:30 am
Original Poster

I defaulted to Saturday as I realize many people work M-F, but if enough people told me a Thursday evening worked better, that'd be just fine.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I defaulted to Saturday as I realize many people work M-F, but if enough people told me a Thursday evening worked better, that'd be just fine.
Understood. OK, I'm good for the days in and around the 27th, just not the 27th.
I'm open with the weekends of Dec 4 and 11, at least for now.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:07 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Understood. OK, I'm good for the days in and around the 27th, just not the 27th.
I'm open with the weekends of Dec 4 and 11, at least for now.
That pretty much describes my outlook as well.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:09 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I'm interested and should be flexible, including day of the week or doing back-to-back with YYZ. Same December 12 outside date as for YYZ.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I can likely make the 27th or the 11th, but I can't make the 4th...
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
The three proposed dates would work for me.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:34 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Hi folks,

Following GHT's lead, and a few side conversations, I think it's time to talk about a YOW mini-DO as well.

Given that the Toronto planning thread has beaten me out of the gate, I'd like to suggest whichever weekend they *don't* take, out of Nov 27 / Dec 4 / Dec 11, but please let me know if anyone's interested / able to make these dates. I think trying to fit YYZ and YOW into one weekend would be too tight of a fit, unless there are a lot more end-of-year mileage-runners out there than I thought.

Depending on numbers, we could do the back room at Metropolitan, but there are plenty of options.

...thoughts?
I'm "in" (with gusto) if I can ... but I'll be out of the country all three of the dates you listed. If this ends up being closer to Christmas, then I'm certainly interested.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canopus27
I'm "in" (with gusto) if I can ... but I'll be out of the country all three of the dates you listed. If this ends up being closer to Christmas, then I'm certainly interested.
I figured if we got much closer to Christmas we'd start running into people's vacations and/or family commitments.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I am out of YOW until December 12... i could make most dates after Dec 12, but not before.
qrctraveller Are you around? I think you organized the last YOW Do-- I still have the mug!
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canopus27
I figured if we got much closer to Christmas we'd start running into people's vacations and/or family commitments.
So you're saying we need to do a combined weekend of YYZ and YOW around the 18th, right?
Plumber and canopus27 like this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:44 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So you're saying we need to do a combined weekend of YYZ and YOW around the 18th, right?
I think what we need to do is just start picking dates and nailing these things down, especially with 3 potential Dos floating around.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I think what we need to do is just start picking dates and nailing these things down, especially with 3 potential Dos floating around.
I'll give this one a few more responses to see if we've had enough feedback to identify a clear preference, but since the Toronto DO posted first, I'm not about to undercut their planning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.