Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YOW mini-/nano-DOs (December 11/18, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mcott
The Micro-DO: Saturday, December 18th, downstairs at Darcy McGees, 44 Sparks Street - 7PM
(5 minute walk from the Fairmont/Westin, 10 minutes from the Marriott/Delta)

CONFIRMED
YOWgary +1
canadiancow
recreationaltimetraveller +1
American Bovine
D582

WAITLISTED
Adam Smith - most likely to attend if there's also a YYZ Do to go to
Politico_PK

VDB
yyznomad
Plumber
Bohemian1​​​
allanyong

Print Wikipost

YOW mini-/nano-DOs (December 11/18, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
That's the plan. When are you arriving in town?
The night before. There just isn't a time in the wiki.

Also, a question for everyone: given that I'm sure I'm not the only one going to see older family members nex week, and we're all watching Omicron blow up at ridiculous speed, I'm wondering how anyone (besides those who will have just passed a COVID test to enter Canada) would feel about testing before we meet up on Saturday?
As someone who will be entering Canada, my opinion doesn't really matter, but I'm fine with that, as long as you allow antigen tests. Though I'm also fine with 2 weeks past the booster (as my personal new definition of what "vaccinated" means).
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The night before. There just isn't a time in the wiki.

As someone who will be entering Canada, my opinion doesn't really matter, but I'm fine with that, as long as you allow antigen tests. Though I'm also fine with 2 weeks past the booster (as my personal new definition of what "vaccinated" means).
Based on the guest list I don't believe we would have any Canadian residents who would be 2 weeks past their booster.

Of course antigen tests would be fine, I wouldn't ask someone to do a $200 PCR test just to go to the bar.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Given everything that's happened with Omicron in the last week or so, and since many of us will be going directly to visit older family members, I think testing before we all get together is the only safe way to proceed - aside from anyone who's had to test in the last 2-3 days to fly into the country.

Update: for anyone staying in or near Byward Market, I believe the LCBO at Rideau and King Ed is distributing free rapid-antigen test kits, as are some-but-not-all other LCBO locations.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: AC 75K
Given everything that's happened with Omicron in the last week or so, and since many of us will be going directly to visit older family members, I think testing before we all get together is the only safe way to proceed - aside from anyone who's had to test in the last 2-3 days to fly into the country.

Update: for anyone staying in or near Byward Market, I believe the LCBO at Rideau and King Ed is distributing free rapid-antigen test kits, as are some-but-not-all other LCBO locations.
Reports so far this morning are that they're scheduled to get them but have not yet received them. Possibly later this evening. Lots of people showed up apparently for the store's opening and were told they had no tests yet and weren't sure when they'd arrive.

Enjoy the do, all. I removed myself from the waitlist as I moved my flights up and heading back West tomorrow instead of Sunday.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Reports so far this morning are that they're scheduled to get them but have not yet received them. Possibly later this evening. Lots of people showed up apparently for the store's opening and were told they had no tests yet and weren't sure when they'd arrive.
Yup, I'm hearing the same thing. Total clown show.

I still don't understand why we haven't been able to buy Binax take-home kits all year like our friends to the south have. It sure would make this a whole lot easier.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:40 pm

Unfortunately, I’m going to have to cxl, as I’d like to preserve my chances of XMas dinner with limited family. Until I can get boosted, being very careful.

Was nice meeting last week, will keep the test appointment I have for tomorrow, but I have two weeks of food laid in, and am quite prepared to lock myself in from demain until Saturday, if it means I can see the ‘phews for at least a few hours since October.

Have removed name from wiki, and look forward to the next time.

TY, Matt
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 8:45 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've woken up with a bit of a sore throat. I feel mostly okay and it will probably clear up this morning, but out of an abundance of caution in the current environment, I'm going to cancel.

Apologies for bailing on YOW Dos in back-to-back weeks
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The herd is heading out to buy some supplies for the after party.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Four border crossings and a truckload of COVID tests later, we found our way around a table together!
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum

Four border crossings and a truckload of COVID tests later, we found our way around a table together!
This picture must have been taken by an excellent photographer with superior skills! Great meeting everyone!!!!!
tcook052 and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qrctraveller
This picture must have been taken by an excellent photographer with superior skills! Great meeting everyone!!!!!
I don't know about that. Every time I saw that guy he had another new drink in his hand.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:42 am

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
I don't know about that. Every time I saw that guy he had another new drink in his hand.
i only recall lots of Diet Pepsi
Old Dec 21, 2021, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qrctraveller
i only recall lots of Diet Pepsi
Don't you mean diet ginger ale?
D582 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.