Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YOW mini-/nano-DOs (December 11/18, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mcott
The Micro-DO: Saturday, December 18th, downstairs at Darcy McGees, 44 Sparks Street - 7PM
(5 minute walk from the Fairmont/Westin, 10 minutes from the Marriott/Delta)

CONFIRMED
YOWgary +1
canadiancow
recreationaltimetraveller +1
American Bovine
D582

WAITLISTED
Adam Smith - most likely to attend if there's also a YYZ Do to go to
Politico_PK

VDB
yyznomad
Plumber
Bohemian1​​​
allanyong

Print Wikipost

YOW mini-/nano-DOs (December 11/18, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
It's been a weird year, I had to miss Halifax, and I'm tired of having to say "no" to travel plans, so we're going to do something slightly unusual here.

Based on responses I've received here and offline, Saturday December 18th we'll do the YOW Mini-DO, location TBC but within a golf shot of the Byward Market hotels.

...but since several people can't make it that weekend, but still expressed interest, I'm doubling down and we're going to do a YOW Nano-DO on Dec 11th as well.

All are welcome. Come to either, come to both, just let me know with a bit of warning so I can plan for numbers. I'll start a wiki above, and add in details as available.

Come one, come all, and support my crazy plan.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:34 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Come one, come all, and support my crazy plan.
I'm definitely in for the 11th. The 18th, maybe. Lot easier to commit to Dos when the flights cost nothing

If anyone is flying in for the 11th and wants company, let me know your flights.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I might change my Dec 4 MR to the Dec 11 weekend, instead. Looks like fares are still quite low from YYC. I'll put myself on the waitlist for now.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Well the bovine is confirmed.

Unfortunately, SFO-YUL is now Y0, so I had to route him differently. We'll try to sort it out 2 days out, but if flights are Y0 now...

Maybe we'll fly in on the 16th.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I'm definitely in for the 11th. The 18th, maybe. Lot easier to commit to Dos when the flights cost nothing

If anyone is flying in for the 11th and wants company, let me know your flights.
I am waitlisted for the 11th, but will likely confirm next week.

I am booked on 8065 from YHZ in the morning of the 11th. Will likely spend some time visiting my son just across the border in the US during the day, and join for the Do Saturday evening.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I haven't been an FTer for long and I've never been to a do, but I'll be in the Ottawa area at that time, so I'll throw myself on the wait list and see how things shake out for me on the 11th.
YOWgary and Adam Smith like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Changed my booking to December 10 to 12, and moved myself to the confirmed list for December 11!
YOWgary likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
I think I will come as I am YYC-YOW on the 10th so I will be here for the 11th
YOWgary likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:55 am
Original Poster

I'm going to book locations this weekend - if you're on the fence, please either add yourself to the "TBD" list in the wiki, or PM me.

​​
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I'm going to book locations this weekend - if you're on the fence, please either add yourself to the "TBD" list in the wiki, or PM me.

​​
Ugh if we're going to have secret attendees who can't be bothered to put their names in the wiki, I might pull the herd out.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Nobody PM me, then.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Confirmed for 18th
Old Nov 30, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
I am confirmed for the 11th! Looking forward to it!

Also looking forward to confirming that the Mrs. YOWGary that we met at the YHZ Do is the actual Mrs. YOWGary, as she did not look like the description that YOWgary provided!
Old Nov 30, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Thank you Gary for organizing it... I am okay for both 11th and 17th, since Japan is shut for good.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:05 pm

FYI, if you book a room at a Marriott property in YOW / YND the night of the 11th, all proceeds are being donated to the CHEO (children’s hospital) foundation. Westin is right across the street.
King Chung Huang likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.