FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YOW mini-/nano-DOs (December 11/18, 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2058217-yow-mini-nano-dos-december-11-18-2021-a.html)

YOWgary Nov 8, 2021 10:15 am

YOW mini-/nano-DOs (December 11/18, 2021)

Hi folks,

Following GHT's lead, and a few side conversations, I think it's time to talk about a YOW mini-DO as well.

Given that the Toronto planning thread has beaten me out of the gate, I'd like to suggest whichever weekend they *don't* take, out of Nov 27 / Dec 4 / Dec 11, but please let me know if anyone's interested / able to make these dates. I think trying to fit YYZ and YOW into one weekend would be too tight of a fit, unless there are a lot more end-of-year mileage-runners out there than I thought.

Depending on numbers, we could do the back room at Metropolitan, but there are plenty of options.

...thoughts?

canadiancow Nov 8, 2021 10:21 am

I'm almost certainly out. In BCN on the 27th, and not really keen on heading to ON that early in December.

yyznomad Nov 8, 2021 10:26 am

Definitely can't do 27th if we're talking strictly being a Saturday vs. the "weekend of".

YOWgary Nov 8, 2021 10:30 am

I defaulted to Saturday as I realize many people work M-F, but if enough people told me a Thursday evening worked better, that'd be just fine.

yyznomad Nov 8, 2021 10:35 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary (Post 33711803)
I defaulted to Saturday as I realize many people work M-F, but if enough people told me a Thursday evening worked better, that'd be just fine.

Understood. OK, I'm good for the days in and around the 27th, just not the 27th. :)
I'm open with the weekends of Dec 4 and 11, at least for now.

Bohemian1 Nov 8, 2021 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 33711819)
Understood. OK, I'm good for the days in and around the 27th, just not the 27th. :)
I'm open with the weekends of Dec 4 and 11, at least for now.

That pretty much describes my outlook as well.

Adam Smith Nov 8, 2021 12:09 pm

I'm interested and should be flexible, including day of the week or doing back-to-back with YYZ. Same December 12 outside date as for YYZ.

Nitehawk Nov 8, 2021 12:25 pm

I can likely make the 27th or the 11th, but I can't make the 4th...

allanyong Nov 9, 2021 5:53 am

The three proposed dates would work for me.

canopus27 Nov 9, 2021 6:34 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary (Post 33711752)
Hi folks,

Following GHT's lead, and a few side conversations, I think it's time to talk about a YOW mini-DO as well.

Given that the Toronto planning thread has beaten me out of the gate, I'd like to suggest whichever weekend they *don't* take, out of Nov 27 / Dec 4 / Dec 11, but please let me know if anyone's interested / able to make these dates. I think trying to fit YYZ and YOW into one weekend would be too tight of a fit, unless there are a lot more end-of-year mileage-runners out there than I thought.

Depending on numbers, we could do the back room at Metropolitan, but there are plenty of options.

...thoughts?

I'm "in" (with gusto) if I can ... but I'll be out of the country all three of the dates you listed. If this ends up being closer to Christmas, then I'm certainly interested.

YOWgary Nov 9, 2021 8:39 am

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 33714080)
I'm "in" (with gusto) if I can ... but I'll be out of the country all three of the dates you listed. If this ends up being closer to Christmas, then I'm certainly interested.

I figured if we got much closer to Christmas we'd start running into people's vacations and/or family commitments.

Plumber Nov 9, 2021 9:08 am

I am out of YOW until December 12... i could make most dates after Dec 12, but not before.
qrctraveller Are you around? I think you organized the last YOW Do-- I still have the mug!

canadiancow Nov 9, 2021 11:14 am

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 33714080)

Originally Posted by YOWgary (Post 33714453)
I figured if we got much closer to Christmas we'd start running into people's vacations and/or family commitments.

So you're saying we need to do a combined weekend of YYZ and YOW around the 18th, right? :p

Adam Smith Nov 9, 2021 11:44 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33714957)
So you're saying we need to do a combined weekend of YYZ and YOW around the 18th, right? :p

I think what we need to do is just start picking dates and nailing these things down, especially with 3 potential Dos floating around.

YOWgary Nov 9, 2021 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 33715053)
I think what we need to do is just start picking dates and nailing these things down, especially with 3 potential Dos floating around.

I'll give this one a few more responses to see if we've had enough feedback to identify a clear preference, but since the Toronto DO posted first, I'm not about to undercut their planning.