FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YOW mini-/nano-DOs (December 11/18, 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2058217-yow-mini-nano-dos-december-11-18-2021-a.html)

canopus27 Nov 9, 2021 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33714957)
So you're saying we need to do a combined weekend of YYZ and YOW around the 18th, right? :p

Are you saying that you don't want to include YEG in this multi-city do?

Originally Posted by YOWgary (Post 33715195)
I'll give this one a few more responses to see if we've had enough feedback to identify a clear preference, but since the Toronto DO posted first, I'm not about to undercut their planning.

To be fair, Toronto is the center of the universe :)

recreationaltimetraveller Nov 12, 2021 11:05 am

If it's after the 18th and before the 23rd I'm definitely in! If it's earlier in the month then still fairly interested!

YOWgary Nov 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller (Post 33723325)
If it's after the 18th and before the 23rd I'm definitely in! If it's earlier in the month then still fairly interested!

I assume you mean December?

I picked my sample dates not wanting to mess with people's family plans, but I could do the 18th.

I have also heard from at least one participant who can't join us later than the 11th.

To give people time to book flights etc. if they're going to, I think the plan here would be to pick a date by the end of this weekend, or if there's no decent consensus, postpone into '22.

So, let me know what works, folks, and I'll seek the line of best fit!
​​​​​​

​​​​​
​​​​​

canadiancow Nov 12, 2021 1:55 pm

The 18th/19th probably work best for me. I can just do SFO-YOW, then head to YYZ after.

RangerNS Nov 12, 2021 3:56 pm

I might be able to do one of these. Or both if they are the same weekend.

Pretty open on dates, mostly indifferent, except if they are the same weekend.

Intercity hop via Via worth considering?

Yhztraveller Nov 12, 2021 4:12 pm

4th or 11th work for me. I am definitely up for a pre-Christmas Do!

After that the "kids" will be home from university and any travel that does not involve the family, a beach, and some booze would likely be verboten!

painintheuk Nov 12, 2021 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 33724183)
After that the "kids" will be home from university and any travel that does not involve the family, a beach, and some booze would likely be verboten!

So it sounds like a family trip to the Rideau canal beaches! I've only been to a couple of dos, but can pretty much guarantee that there will be at least a little booze 🍹🍸🍷🍾🥂!

Yhztraveller Nov 12, 2021 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk (Post 33724200)
So it sounds like a family trip to the Rideau canal beaches! I've only been to a couple of dos, but can pretty much guarantee that there will be at least a little booze 🍹🍸🍷🍾🥂!

Point of clarification.... a beach is not a "beach" to my family unless it is 25+ degrees!!

Bohemian1 Nov 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 33724203)
Point of clarification.... a beach is not a "beach" to my family unless it is 25+ degrees!!

I'm sure it will be at least 25 degrees Fahrenheit Kelvin.

politico_pk Nov 12, 2021 4:29 pm

I’m YOW based and have only attended a YYZ do before, so this sounds great. I’d be glad to attend…and to help with logistics if it’s useful. The Metropolitain owner is one of my best friends, so I could definitely help with a booking there if that’s where we land. I’m easy on date - all business travel between now and the holidays for me is during the week; I leave town on the 23rd. Cheers!

canadiancow Nov 13, 2021 3:01 pm

From reading the thread, it seems it's roughly split between people who can't do before the 18th and people who can't do after the 11th.

I guess we'll see which group YOWgary likes more :p

YOWgary Nov 13, 2021 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 33726210)
From reading the thread, it seems it's roughly split between people who can't do before the 18th and people who can't do after the 11th.

I guess we'll see which group YOWgary likes more :p

Definitely my idea of a best-case scenario - no matter how this ends up, we'll be missing people we'd rather have with us!

qrctraveller Nov 13, 2021 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Plumber (Post 33714537)
I am out of YOW until December 12... i could make most dates after Dec 12, but not before.
qrctraveller Are you around? I think you organized the last YOW Do-- I still have the mug!

Hey Plumber

I might be travelling between December 16-21. No easy task organizing a mini-do. Good luck in your decision yowgary

canadiancow Nov 16, 2021 12:48 pm

Well I booked a placeholder on the 17th.

Of course, due to MCTs and scheduling and availability of Y/J space, it's SFO-YUL-YYZ-YOW with two 2+ hour connections, but... sigh.

If we do this the 18th (or 19th?) I'll fly it. If not, I'll cancel.

songsc Nov 16, 2021 1:02 pm

I may be in YOW on Nov 27/28.

Other weekend are likely too.