Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Leyland1989
Their email 2FA is probably down... No email after waiting 5 mins with multiple attempts, couldn't log in to my Aeroplan account...
Codes arrived for me after 3-4 minutes. Luckily it took the first one as I had requested a second. Doesn't seem like that is how 2FA should work though.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:17 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Just noticed the name of a saved passenger in my profile on AC.com changed. It was a hyphenated last name and now the hyphen and second name is gone. Only noticed after 2 recent bookings.

I'm assuming a call to AC to have the name corrected will not be fruitful, but I will try.

Has anyone else noticed a similar change?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:42 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Pretty confident I was just directed to the "beta" site in Android Chrome without selecting the beta toggle. Several minutes later, this behaviour disappeared, leading me to think I was load-balanced to a newer instance of the site non-deterministically. I wonder if the beta is being rolled out as production now?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:36 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Is 2FA down again ? Tried on Chrome and Edge.
The search results are bizzare, sometimes I get a diff result on iphone app, Android app or on the website.
Companion pass option does not show on the app.

Edit : got my 2FA 2 hrs later :-)

Last edited by vernonc; Mar 19, 2024 at 2:22 pm
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:20 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
It's just letting me log in without 2FA at all.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alas, the error whereby aircanada.com cannot display a reservation, with the cowtool showing "Error displaying flight segments," is back...

They must have fixed another error... Which brought this one back, presumably.

Welcome to aircanada. :-)
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:41 pm

Is anyone getting error TKRT_003 when trying to view their booking? I can't view the booking/modify seats/anything. Called Air Canada and they said everything looks fine on their end :/
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:50 am

What fascinates me most about the Flight Pass sub-site is how many different answers it can give about eUpgrade availability in the space of one checkout flow.

The messages below are a step after the indicators that show R-space more accurately than any other part of the AC website, but still show this when booking through on a Flex-M flight pass, for a flight that's R3 inside the window:

Naturally, five minutes later:

Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:59 am

So, does the AC website just no longer use 2FA?

It's been down for over a week, I would have thought given their recent issue that this would be considered fairly mission-critical?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skiier97
Is anyone getting error TKRT_003 when trying to view their booking? I can't view the booking/modify seats/anything. Called Air Canada and they said everything looks fine on their end :/
That's the latest incarnation of an error reported earlier (see article just above yours), which had been fixed but then more recently unfixed, whereby the cowtool shows:

Error displaying flight segments. This does not mean there is a problem with your PNR. Only report this on FlyerTalk if you can successfully view the PNR on Air Canada's website.
Originally Posted by YOWgary

It's been down for over a week, I would have thought given their recent issue that this would be considered fairly mission-critical?
Working for me here though.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
Interesting - it's only skipping 2FA in certain browser configurations, works fine when I switch to another or even to incognito mode.

That same browser setup is also leaving me logged in for longer than I'm used to...
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Originally Posted by Stranger
Same.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:15 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Is it just me, or is anyone else not getting confirmation emails when making or cancelling an eupgrade request? The site has gone strangely quiet.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Is it just me, or is anyone else not getting confirmation emails when making or cancelling an eupgrade request? The site has gone strangely quiet.
I have been getting them when upgrades clear, but not when making the request
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:39 am

FWIW, I was receiving the "segments cannot be displayed" error as well, after AC made some changes to an itinerary.

I was able to see the booking on the app, but not on the website. The app was also showing the segment for which I'd requested an eupgrade twice, once with the other two flights, and the second time separately.

It's now showing properly on the app, and on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.