Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tobegold
Tried both using the App, iPad and on PC - can view the list of my bookings but when I try to actually open a booking all i get is "loading your booking details ..." and the booking never opens. This has been happening since yesterday. Trying to cancel an aeroplan award booking for next week and do not want to be stuck on hold for an hour. Crappy AC IT strikes again.
Can you see the details correctly on the cowtool?

I have had a similar issue for maybe a week or so. For three itineraries. On the cowtool, they come up, but the segments don't show, with error "Error displaying flight segments."

They show OK on the other airlines website on which they have a segment, namely TP for one, LH for the other two.
tootsieroll48 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Platinum
currently 5:40pm EST time and I can not even log into my AirCanada or Aeroplan accounts. I log in, then the 2FA prompt for security code, it appears to take it and then a couple turns of the of the AC circle (loading) and then logged back out?

Anyone else challenged as I too am looking to update a reward ticket for this Friday?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger

I have had a similar issue for maybe a week or so. For three itineraries. On the cowtool, they come up, but the segments don't show, with error "Error displaying flight segments."

They show OK on the other airlines website on which they have a segment, namely TP for one, LH for the other two.
I don’t have the cowtool, but if I did it would not be able to cancel my booking.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tobegold
I don’t have the cowtool, but if I did it would not be able to cancel my booking.
You don't have to "have" the cowtool. You might just need to register though.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daltimas
currently 5:40pm EST time and I can not even log into my AirCanada or Aeroplan accounts. I log in, then the 2FA prompt for security code, it appears to take it and then a couple turns of the of the AC circle (loading) and then logged back out?

Anyone else challenged as I too am looking to update a reward ticket for this Friday?
Try cleaning up all your cookies, or at least the AC ones. These guys make all sorts of assumptions about these, which often make the thing break.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:51 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Wigg
After loggin in and clicking on MyAeoplan from my card on the top right, this is what I get. Click on Activity for your transactions. I'm on Chrome, not that it should matter. If you do not get this page, maybe clear history, cookies, etc and try again?

I cannot get to that screen. I just get to a my offers screen after clicking on My Aeroplan..
I did clear history and cache - nada.
I guess I will have to call them when I return to Canada
Old Jan 23, 2024, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I cannot get to that screen. I just get to a my offers screen after clicking on My Aeroplan..
I did clear history and cache - nada.
I guess I will have to call them when I return to Canada
Try https://www.aircanada.com/aeroplan/m...board/activity directly (make sure you're logged in first)
IluvSQ, kalderlake and Wigg like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:15 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Try https://www.aircanada.com/aeroplan/m...board/activity directly (make sure you're logged in first)
That works, thank you.
As does .../status and .../benefits. However, .../familysharing does not work. Any hints there?
Wigg likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
That works, thank you.
As does .../status and .../benefits. However, .../familysharing does not work. Any hints there?
https://www.aircanada.com/aeroplan/m...family-sharing
IluvSQ and Wigg like this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:35 pm

The only thing I can see in activity is points. There is no details of taxes and other charges. I emailed customer support and it appears that they didn't even read my email, but just responded with a boilerplate message to check unrelated FAQ's. I have responded with a request for them to actually READ my email and respond to that.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
When I try to login, it says my account is locked for 30 mins. It’s been like that l day. I called in and they unlocked it. It immediately locks again. They said it could be because of a VPN. I don’t have a VPN on. This is where I always log in. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
The only thing I can see in activity is points. There is no details of taxes and other charges. I emailed customer support and it appears that they didn't even read my email, but just responded with a boilerplate message to check unrelated FAQ's. I have responded with a request for them to actually READ my email and respond to that.
There should be an arrow (or click on the entry) to expand the entry which shows SQM, SQS and SQD, and other info. You won't see fare details of the booking - you will need either the confirmation with the cost breakdown or info from Cowtool.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: AC 75K *G
Originally Posted by Stranger

How did you resolve this? I'm currently experiencing the same isuse!
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:39 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by tootsieroll48
A lot of us are; see the cowtool PNR viewer thread. It remains unresolved as far as I know. Same symptoms here (app works, AC website spins forever, cowtool displays the error you mentioned.)
Bohemian1 and tootsieroll48 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tootsieroll48
As said above, no solution that I know of.

But then to me, not a real problem, since I can see these elsewhere so I am confident they are safe, and I have no need to change them.

Bottom line though: it appears AC IT stuff falling apart is accelerating. Actually it appears Air Canada is melting down across the board faster and faster. Not just this, but more and more delays, all te issues mentinoed about Aeroplan tatus, likely with all hands fixing things manually, etc. Hopefully the disease has not reached operations yet.
tootsieroll48 and yulscs like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.