Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kalderlake
FWIW, I was receiving the "segments cannot be displayed" error as well, after AC made some changes to an itinerary.

I was able to see the booking on the app, but not on the website. The app was also showing the segment for which I'd requested an eupgrade twice, once with the other two flights, and the second time separately.

It's now showing properly on the app, and on the website.

And, as of this morning, on the cowtool.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:29 pm

Is it me or awards for all OZ flights have been wiped within the last 24 hrs econ and business. I"ve validated against lifemiles and they had seats.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:54 pm

kaiotes

You're not alone.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can Aeroplan add?

Total of our pool miles was off by about 10 points a few days ago. With no obvious sensible explanation, such as some credit missing, just adding wroing.

Then later in the day, it corrected itself.

One wonders, does someone add these by hand? Followed by someone else checking and correcting mistakes?
billdokes likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:09 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
2FA randomly re-enabled on my account somewhere in the last couple of hours. Frigging AC.

Disabling it generated an e-mail telling me I had done so, which I believe is new.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
2FA randomly re-enabled on my account somewhere in the last couple of hours. Frigging AC.

Disabling it generated an e-mail telling me I had done so, which I believe is new.
If the email's new, it's possible they turned it on for everyone.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:27 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If the email's new, it's possible they turned it on for everyone.
You think they turned on 2FA for everyone in the last couple of hours? Because it wasn't on when I signed in a couple hours ago. I'm not sure why sending the e-mail would mean they forced 2FA on everyone, those could easily be entirely separate things.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You think they turned on 2FA for everyone in the last couple of hours? Because it wasn't on when I signed in a couple hours ago. I'm not sure why sending the e-mail would mean they forced 2FA on everyone, those could easily be entirely separate things.
That email being new might suggest 2FA had been accidentally or fraudulently disabled for certain accounts. If they went to the effort of creating a notification for it, they also might have turned it on for everyone in case a "hacker" had disabled it.

But I'm just hypothesizing.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We got a schedule change notice for three bookings. All same flight, different dates. Fourth one, we did not. Funny thing, it's the same exact flight for myself, and my wife, on a separate reservation, same itinerary, did.

Any logic? Or someone going through bookings and randomly picking some, missing others?
Anyway, sounds very amateurish.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:25 pm

That email being new might suggest 2FA had been accidentally or fraudulently disabled for certain accounts. If they went to the effort of creating a notification for it, they also might have turned it on for everyone in case a "hacker" had disabled it.

But I'm just hypothesizing.
Randomly frigging re-enabled again in the last 24 hours or so.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:18 pm

Speaking of 2FA, AIr Canada, if you're reading this, please change this:

Code:
<input class="gig-tfa-code-textbox" type="text" tabindex="0" aria-label="Enter code:">
to this:

Code:
<input class="gig-tfa-code-textbox" type="number" tabindex="0" aria-label="Enter code:">
That will allow devices with small screens and virtual keyboards (i.e. every phone) to display a numeric keypad instead of the full QWERTY keyboard, when all you want is a 6 digit number.
Benner and yulscs like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:02 am

I sense a cowtool browser extension to change the page source to make life better. Although I don't know how that works with mobile devices. Bonus feature of better filtering on reward searches.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Speaking of 2FA, AIr Canada, if you're reading this, please change this:

Code:
<input class="gig-tfa-code-textbox" type="text" tabindex="0" aria-label="Enter code:">

to this:

Code:
<input class="gig-tfa-code-textbox" type="number" tabindex="0" aria-label="Enter code:">

That will allow devices with small screens and virtual keyboards (i.e. every phone) to display a numeric keypad instead of the full QWERTY keyboard, when all you want is a 6 digit number.
Funnily enough, your post looks like this, which in turn renders it unreadable, which... I find very ironic given the complaint Obviously not your fault.

painintheuk likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:28 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Online redemption frustrations

Trying to redeem MEL-BKK-IST-OPP for 110,000 points + $127 taxes in Business as per the Award Booking Chart. MEL-BKK-IST is on Thai, and IST-OPO is on Turkish.

On the last page of the booking process I get an error message '34651 Segment Sell Failure' and 'Booking Redemption - 37181' on both website and app. Thought I would try calling to book since I have searched on other programmes to confirm the seats are there on the dates I want (so not phantom) but whenever I call (within opening hours of the call centre, 0700-midnight ET) I am never put through; it simply tells me 'due to high call volumes we cannot connect you to an agent. Goodbye'.

Is there a way I can actually speak to someone to book this (perhaps even Email or Facebook Chat) or should I just give up?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:35 am

The website seems to have become flakier over the past month or two for pulling data from my profile. My last 4-5 bookings I have had to manually enter CC details (but not other passenger details), and the last couple flights it is not pulling my passport data during check-in (though maybe this is a USA-bound intentional thing? I don't travel to the US a ton). Anyone else experiencing this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.