Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
If you have general questions about how to earn SQM/SQS/SQD, please see the status qualification thread.

If you have received an incorrect amount of SQx/points, please see the thread on missing/incorrect flight activity.

Calculator for SQM, SQD, and Aeroplan points
SQM/SQD Cowculator and its source code

canadiancow's TODO list:
  • SAS Go Light fares
  • Basic economy on any airline other than AC (is it just need a fare basis that ends in GT?)
  • Ineligible codeshares, like EY-marketed, EY-operated, AC-ticketed

Adam Smith's TODO list:
  • Add earning for VA
  • Check earning rates for AC basic economy
Print Wikipost

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by LesDorgo
the calculator is amazing. Any way to put in a cost per mile on the next update.
Thats a pretty simple feature to add in. I can do that.
Are you looking for cost per mile as in price paid for fare per mile or aqd per mile?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: AC*SE, Wyndham Dimond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat CND & USA, active military, Yoga teacher.
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Thats a pretty simple feature to add in. I can do that.
Are you looking for cost per mile as in price paid for fare per mile or aqd per mile?
Both would not be hard to add and the extra info could help people when EYW comes out again.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Both would not be hard to add and the extra info could help people when EYW comes out again.
That's not how EYW works.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:29 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Different things. In the past, we had the generously provided 'Cowculator' for that ....
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Can anyone confirm AQM for the (soon-to-be-removed) direct YYZ-EZE flight.

The Google Sheets calculator gives a Haversine distance of 5584. The mileage table *queried* by the calculator gives 5573, but for some reason this doesn't pop up on the calculator tab. gcmap.com gives 5563, which is weird since usually AC cheats on the mileage versus gcmap. Anyone know from personal experience what gets credited?

(Trying to plan whether my wife needs to do some creative routings to get over 100K for the first time - having been my 50K nominee for about 5 years now. Of course, will build in a bit of leeway but would prefer to use as accurate info as possible and she has YYZ-EZE-YYZ upcoming already booked.)

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Originally Posted by montrealer
Can anyone confirm AQM for the (soon-to-be-removed) direct YYZ-EZE flight.
No one answered my question, but for whenever someone updates, noting that Aeroplan awarded us 5572.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by montrealer
No one answered my question, but for whenever someone updates, noting that Aeroplan awarded us 5572.
Sorry, I thought I had replied on the weekend.

For flights where the data table has been populated, the data has almost always been accurate right to the mile (once I cleaned out a bunch of mistakes where people had put things in the wrong cell). I'm a bit surprised it was off by 1 in this case, but perhaps AC has changed it.

As for why EZE was in the data table but not pulled by the calculator, it turns out that there was a rogue space in the EZE header cell, which meant that typing "EZE" in the calculator tab didn't find any results since it was in the data table as " EZE" (or "EZE ", I forget which).

I've fixed that and will upload a new version in the next few days.

Also, people, if you're going to contribute to the data tab, great, but please be careful. For example, someone has added YYR to SFO mileage as 800. I'm sure this well-meaning person wanted to add the YVR to SFO mileage, but it's sloppiness like that that can muck the whole thing up. So feel free to just post in this thread and I'll update the sheet.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'd argue that if you think a COMMON route has missing data (i.e. YVR-SFO), then you're probably doing something wrong.

YYR-YQX, maybe. BOM-GOI, sure.

But YVR-SFO? You've entered a city wrong.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've uploaded a new version that's back to working, after someone broke the sheet again.

I've taken down the Google Sheets version since people were consistently messing it up.

If you have any new distances, please post them in the thread here and I'll add them to the master version.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've uploaded a new version that's back to working, after someone broke the sheet again.

I've taken down the Google Sheets version since people were consistently messing it up.

If you have any new distances, please post them in the thread here and I'll add them to the master version.
I assumed it was user error on my part the other day when it kept telling me it didn't recognize (common) airport codes.

Now I'll just assume I'm the idiot that broke it.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I assumed it was user error on my part the other day when it kept telling me it didn't recognize (common) airport codes.

Now I'll just assume I'm the idiot that broke it.
I don't know who did it or how or why people do it. Not really important.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:13 pm

Thanks Adam!

The Google Sheets version has bee fubar for a while.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Thanks Adam!

The Google Sheets version has bee fubar for a while.
If only someone had told me
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:30 pm

If only someone had told me

My bad.

I thought your job responsibilities were only arranging YYC Dos and acting as scotch ambassador. Now I know to add spreadsheet maintenance to your duties.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
My bad.

I thought your job responsibilities were only arranging YYC Dos and acting as scotch ambassador. Now I know to add spreadsheet maintenance to your duties.
I'm a man of many talents

I also did a lot of work in creating the spreadsheet, so it seems natural.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.