Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
If you have general questions about how to earn SQM/SQS/SQD, please see the status qualification thread.

If you have received an incorrect amount of SQx/points, please see the thread on missing/incorrect flight activity.

Calculator for SQM, SQD, and Aeroplan points
SQM/SQD Cowculator and its source code

canadiancow's TODO list:
  • SAS Go Light fares
  • Basic economy on any airline other than AC (is it just need a fare basis that ends in GT?)
  • Ineligible codeshares, like EY-marketed, EY-operated, AC-ticketed

Adam Smith's TODO list:
  • Add earning for VA
  • Check earning rates for AC basic economy
Print Wikipost

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Just full.
​​​​​​if I give you full access to the file would you mind updating both?
​​​​​​Usage is around 4 a day at the moment.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
​​​​​​if I give you full access to the file would you mind updating both?
​​​​​​Usage is around 4 a day at the moment.
For the like 3 flights a year I take where the value isn't present already?

It seems there needs to be a better system than this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
For the like 3 flights a year I take where the value isn't present already?

It seems there needs to be a better system than this.
What if we merge the linking of excel to one database sheet. Both files pulling from the sheet at the same time?
Or.... Do we still need the full original version by Adam? As it is my understanding his frustration lies the fact the sheet gets broken all the time(which is addressed through my simplified version with locked cells).
Just thinking out loud here.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:04 pm

What if we merge the linking of excel to one database sheet. Both files pulling from the sheet at the same time?
What if you use a real database?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:07 pm

What if you use a real database?
Uhm well I did just finish my database course...
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
What's with all of the obscene entries in both spreadsheets. I tried to clean up the simplified version, but it took forever. Hope I didn't break it.
--
13F
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:40 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MmmYeahBabe
Uhm, what happened to the calculator, guys? The current version is not quite what I remembered.
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
What's with all of the obscene entries in both spreadsheets. I tried to clean up the simplified version, but it took forever. Hope I didn't break it.
Apparently some juvenile and disgusting person who also has an incredible amount of free time on his or her hands thought it would be funny to vandalize the spreadsheet.

I've uploaded new versions of both the Excel and Google Sheets "classic" calculators to fix that.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
--
13F
I have reverted file to working version.
As far as everything goes, as long as the intent is not malicious, the simplified version should be working 99.99% of the time.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:43 pm

Whoever it was did that, I am very disappointed in you.
We are better than this, You can be better than that.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Dec 3, 2017 at 3:37 pm
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Added new airports ANU, PTP, KIN, MBJ. Added mileage to YYZ and/or YUL. Added some mileages from IST to SIN, BKK.
--
13F
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:03 pm

Whoever it was did that, I am very disappointed in you.
We are better than this, You can be better than that.
And people complained when the latest sheet I uploaded was locked for editing

I feel like I have a mostly-finished web-based AQM (not AQD) database somewhere from yesteryear. Maybe it could be tied in to the spreadsheet.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:40 pm

Updated NRT-SFO (in both) to 5115.

I did notice that the simplified one has missing values from the mileage table. For example, NRT-SIN.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:33 pm

Updated NRT-SFO (in both) to 5115.

I did notice that the simplified one has missing values from the mileage table. For example, NRT-SIN.
I just give you complete access to the file and unlocked milage sheet to public(though I am not sure if it's such a good idea given what happened last night)
Update: Actually on a second thought I decided to lock the milage sheet to ensure it wont be tampered with, I granted access to Cow and will be updating the entries on my own, but if you are on FT for over one year and is in good standing with the community, PM me your email and I will grant access the milage table as well. Otherwise, as people comment on this thread with their additions, it will be updated on mine sheet promptly

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Dec 3, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:52 pm

@Jumper Jack, do you know if the spreadsheet could be updated to query a MySQL database instead of using that mileage table? I have one that I made a long time ago, and it should be fairly easy to import updated values.

Honestly, I think making a website that can't be tampered with would be much better (and not very difficult), and I was somewhat close to getting it done at one point.

The issue that stopped me was that the distances that AC uses for AQD is different than what is used for AQM.

For example, you could have:
A-B 1000 AQM $1000 AQD
B-C 500 AQM $490 AQD

And I was too frustrated by that discrepancy to continue

Edit: I don't remember the last time I worked on this, but... http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/acmileage/
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:56 pm

@Jumper Jack, do you know if the spreadsheet could be updated to query a MySQL database instead of using that mileage table? I have one that I made a long time ago, and it should be fairly easy to import updated values.

Honestly, I think making a website that can't be tampered with would be much better (and not very difficult), and I was somewhat close to getting it done at one point.

The issue that stopped me was that the distances that AC uses for AQD is different than what is used for AQM.

For example, you could have:
A-B 1000 AQM $1000 AQD
B-C 500 AQM $490 AQD

And I was too frustrated by that discrepancy to continue
Found this from github. https://gist.github.com/pradeepbhero...9fd9bc74e814d0
I could make out some of his code, but not all.
I think I am actually interested in taking a crack at this after my last exam on the 15th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.