FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:40 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by montrealer
No one answered my question, but for whenever someone updates, noting that Aeroplan awarded us 5572.
Sorry, I thought I had replied on the weekend.

For flights where the data table has been populated, the data has almost always been accurate right to the mile (once I cleaned out a bunch of mistakes where people had put things in the wrong cell). I'm a bit surprised it was off by 1 in this case, but perhaps AC has changed it.

As for why EZE was in the data table but not pulled by the calculator, it turns out that there was a rogue space in the EZE header cell, which meant that typing "EZE" in the calculator tab didn't find any results since it was in the data table as " EZE" (or "EZE ", I forget which).

I've fixed that and will upload a new version in the next few days.

Also, people, if you're going to contribute to the data tab, great, but please be careful. For example, someone has added YYR to SFO mileage as 800. I'm sure this well-meaning person wanted to add the YVR to SFO mileage, but it's sloppiness like that that can muck the whole thing up. So feel free to just post in this thread and I'll update the sheet.