Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2022, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
There was a systemic issue with this last year, lots of people were missing LQM. You should find a bunch of posts in this thread with comments from last fall.
So for those of us who were not tracking LQM last year, is there any way to figure out if anything is missing? Way back in the day, they'd mail a statement and it is so much easier to track things that way...
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Perhaps I was premature in my celebration. AC-operated flights on Sep 1 have not posted as of Sep 6 (in terms of base SQx).
Oddly, the LHR-YUL segment posted yesterday but the YUL-YYZ didn't (and not today either). Both flights were on the same day, booked on AC.com. No changes to the itinerary. What would cause this?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
So for those of us who were not tracking LQM last year, is there any way to figure out if anything is missing? Way back in the day, they'd mail a statement and it is so much easier to track things that way...
LQM is the only thing in my spreadsheet that I'm actually worried about tracking.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
LQM is the only thing in my spreadsheet that I'm actually worried about tracking.
Well one step at a time. Up until last year, I didn't have a need to track SQM because anything beyond 50k (even 50k) was a stretch. And now I'm looking at LQM with new eyes. Guess I have to just accept everything up to now as accurate.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 4:47 pm

That's what I did when I started...but I was under 10k, so it wasn't even worth thinking about.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Aircraft change resulting in fare class change and loss of SQM

I had a MXP-YUL-YYZ that was ticketed originally in Premium economy in both segments, but was changed to an A223 from YUL-YYZ.

I was given 100% SQM Flex instead of 125% when it was in PY.

I have copies of both the original booking confirmation showing 125% and the new one that shows 125%+100%.

78 SQMs is not much, to be sure, but it gets me that much closer to 1 MM which I will hit next summer.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I had a MXP-YUL-YYZ that was ticketed originally in Premium economy in both segments, but was changed to an A223 from YUL-YYZ.

I was given 100% SQM Flex instead of 125% when it was in PY.

I have copies of both the original booking confirmation showing 125% and the new one that shows 125%+100%.

78 SQMs is not much, to be sure, but it gets me that much closer to 1 MM which I will hit next summer.
I think it'll be a fight, but I'd certainly write in about it.

I'm not sure it's actually "incorrect" though.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Thanks for the insight! I do think it’s worth fighting for as it’s only slightly less than YVR-YQQ for a non-Elite flyer.

AC Customer Service has forwarded my inquiry to Aeroplan, but I will send a follow-up to the Credit email address with the two itineraries attached.

I think it'll be a fight, but I'd certainly write in about it.

I'm not sure it's actually "incorrect" though.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Just had YVR-NRT in paid J post as 91 SQD- first time I've experienced this and sent it in right away.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
Just had YVR-NRT in paid J post as 91 SQD- first time I've experienced this and sent it in right away.
I'm mostly amused it's your first time.

It happens a lot.
streetcircusdan likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: AC*SE 100K

It happens a lot.
Guess I've been lucky so far- I've kept a pretty close tab on it!
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by ced_lx
Flew YUL-VIE, then the return was supposed to be VIE-YUL and was cancelled and was VIE-ORD-YUL (last minute at the airpot in VIE). SQD for the return hasn't posted. This was august 8th. Should I send a request for this or does it just take time for these kind of transactions? I'm 25k and this was all in J.
FYI, since the VIE-ORD was not "014" I was able to credit the satus miles on M&M, but AC did credit the award miles. Didn't know you could do that!
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:02 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ced_lx
FYI, since the VIE-ORD was not "014" I was able to credit the satus miles on M&M, but AC did credit the award miles. Didn't know you could do that!
You're not supposed to be able to do that. A flight is only supposed to be able to be credited to one program. Credit to M&M, get status credit and reward points there. Credit to AC, get SQM and Aeroplan points. Bizarre that this happened, and not impossible (although maybe unlikely) that it gets reversed.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You're not supposed to be able to do that. A flight is only supposed to be able to be credited to one program. Credit to M&M, get status credit and reward points there. Credit to AC, get SQM and Aeroplan points. Bizarre that this happened, and not impossible (although maybe unlikely) that it gets reversed.
I can think of a lot of Aegean *G who would love to hear about this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan

It happens a lot.
And here I am thinking that 56 SQD for my LAX - YYZ Flex U was something unusual. I guess I'm really naïve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.