Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
"Thanks. Will try it that way again. I am still waiting for missing 2021 SQD, including 2 J class tickets where I only got 27 SQD. Go figure..."

There must be something about $27 - as I got 27 SQD posted for one of my flights where the actual SQD should have been $481 (this was for a December flight).

I am still waiting for the correction - sent request a long time ago!

Last edited by fijaircan; Jan 27, 2022 at 8:33 am
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC E75K
I know others have mentioned this before, but I'm still receiving SQx credit for *G flights (at least LH and UA, unsure about others) faster than I do for AC flights. Did anyone come up with an explanation for why this happens?
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:57 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I know others have mentioned this before, but I'm still receiving SQx credit for *G flights (at least LH and UA, unsure about others) faster than I do for AC flights. Did anyone come up with an explanation for why this happens?
AC's systems suck and are slower than partners'. It has always been that way. Not sure what more explanation you're looking for.
BlondeBomber and gadflyboy like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Well, January has come and gone, so I just fired off an email about my missing 15,672 points from the SE bonus on four flights last year, all in January and July. But on bookings where other flights posted the bonus properly...
Old Feb 4, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So wanted to follow up. I was missing ~200sqd from flights last year. I wrote in to ask for the SQD on Dec 11. I wrote into the SE email two days ago to complain that I hadn't heard anything, and that I needed those SQD to trigger my status rollover for qualifying for P25K last year.

Today my rollover SQD/SQS/SQD appeared, I haven't heard back from AC yet, but I feel like the SE email complaint I sent triggered this. Also noticed that the SQD are still missing from my 2021 totals.
canadiancow and WesternCDN like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:37 am

Your case number is: CAS-*******-******

Dear Mr. Kennedy,

Thank you for your email concerning the missing Super Elite bonus miles.

I have forwarded the information for the four missing flight bonuses. The 100% bonus miles should be credited to your account shortly.

Thank you for your patience to this matter.

Sincerely,
Mike A
Customer Relations
Finally...

I guess that SE email is actually useful. I should use it more. It's faster and easier than calling Aeroplan.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Finally...

I guess that SE email is actually useful. I should use it more. It's faster and easier than calling Aeroplan.
And it's all finally posted.

Now the only thing I'm missing from last year is the correct SQD for a flew on December 19, that I've written in about twice.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Missing Points

Good afternoon,

Here is what seems like a silly question. I flew PVR - YYZ on Jan 4th and did not get any points posted. I tried to use the missing point page and it just tells me the passenger was not on the plane. I'm pretty sure I was sitting on the aircraft

So - I used this page https://accc-prod.microsoftcrmportal...da-contact-us/ and selected general and then Aeroplan. I get the following response back (after more than a month) :

you will have to contact Aeroplan directly as they are better suited to assist you with your inquiry
Am I supposed to call in for this? Or does anybody know which option to select on that page?

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: AC E75K
My flights from February 14 on Air Canada have not posted. IIRC, these used to take 3-4 days so I'm thinking something is wrong. Also I no longer see any prior activity in my Aeroplan activity tab other than the most recent (an Uber ride).
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
My flights from February 14 on Air Canada have not posted. IIRC, these used to take 3-4 days so I'm thinking something is wrong.
Nah, just slow. I've wondered this a few times and it always ends up posting.

Oddly, when I fly Anywhere-YYZ-YOW, the YYZ-YOW will consistently post days later than the other flight(s).
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
My flights from February 14 on Air Canada have not posted. IIRC, these used to take 3-4 days so I'm thinking something is wrong. Also I no longer see any prior activity in my Aeroplan activity tab other than the most recent (an Uber ride).
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Nah, just slow. I've wondered this a few times and it always ends up posting.

Oddly, when I fly Anywhere-YYZ-YOW, the YYZ-YOW will consistently post days later than the other flight(s).
I noticed a certain consistency (I know, hard to believe right!) in posting time. I don't have a ton of flights this year but so far for 2022, all my AC mainline flights (5) have consistently posted after 2 days while all my AC Express (QK) flights (8) have posted after 6 days. And the Elite bonus posts the next day (sometimes same day as the flight).
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
My flights from February 14 on Air Canada have not posted. IIRC, these used to take 3-4 days so I'm thinking something is wrong.
No. 4-8 days used to be typical. They've maybe been slightly quicker in the new program. But getting worried after less than 4 days? No.
YOWgary likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:50 am

I have a question from YYZ to YYC I search on the Great circle mapper it tells me will flying1675 miles, then when the flex ticket activity put in my account it just get 1669 miles, does that normal?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by edmond00
I have a question from YYZ to YYC I search on the Great circle mapper it tells me will flying1675 miles, then when the flex ticket activity put in my account it just get 1669 miles, does that normal?
Yes. Aeroplan has its own database of distances, which are not always the same as you'll find elsewhere on the Internet. And different sites will have different estimates. For instance, WebFlyer has YYC-YYZ at 1670.

Some FTers built a calculator that has a database of as many official Aeroplan distances as we've been able to gather.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:07 pm

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.