Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cullen24
Print Wikipost

Master thread Chase Aeroplan (US) cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2022, 1:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Given that it shows as a benefit you've earned, I'm cautiously optimistic that on Jan 1 it will just kick in.

On the other hand, they might not want to level up your status until late December flights have had a chance to post.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Are you referring to the card spend retain status spend counter? That ended with spend in statement periods ending November 30.
Understood. I hit the 30K miles from Chase card target in 2022. I was referring to my hope for a similar offering in 2023 and also for the $50K annual spend to boost one level.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
I've received 3X on my recent bid upgrade. It shows up as an AC charge.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
70k miles offer is very tempting.
I currently use my Chase Amazon the most as it's 5% back on Amazon purchases and 2% on food/gas. 1% the rest.
The Aeroplan would cover the gap for groceries mostly but $95 per year is steep for only that.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
70k miles offer is very tempting.
I currently use my Chase Amazon the most as it's 5% back on Amazon purchases and 2% on food/gas. 1% the rest.
The Aeroplan would cover the gap for groceries mostly but $95 per year is steep for only that.
I plan to continuously push through 50K/year on it for the 50K benefit for a friend.

It would be nice if they had something at the $15k level for people who already have status. I can't imagine it would be useful to me, but 10 eUps or 2 MLL passes or something would at least make the card useful at lower spend levels for actual flyers.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:51 am

Quick question ! I currently am a 75k member and will be again for the 2023 - but I also qualify for the Chase Aeroplan status level up - any chance anyone knows when those normally kick in?

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2022, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by markflyer
Quick question ! I currently am a 75k member and will be again for the 2023 - but I also qualify for the Chase Aeroplan status level up - any chance anyone knows when those normally kick in?

Thanks!
We’re all about to find out together over the next week since this is new for everyone this year.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP; Air Canada 35k; Marriott Gold
does the level up show as earned for anyone? I've been trying to make sure it is actually "active"
Old Dec 31, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I plan to continuously push through 50K/year on it for the 50K benefit for a friend.

It would be nice if they had something at the $15k level for people who already have status. I can't imagine it would be useful to me, but 10 eUps or 2 MLL passes or something would at least make the card useful at lower spend levels for actual flyers.
I just looked at 2022 spend and ended up at around $75k USD on my Amazon Chase (wow, never though I spent that much!), only about $6k at Amazon... So in reality it's mostly for non-amazon contrary to what I thought... Gas, furniture, food, tools, etc. It was a big year because of renovations though, I would not be able to "afford" this continuously. I'll see how the split goes in 2023 between Amazon and Aeroplan.

I have my new card ready but can't get the card in the mail soon enough, and can't add to Google Pay without the physical card so lost a bunch of spend this week!

"buying" eUps would be the best benefit IMO.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by withfaith
does the level up show as earned for anyone? I've been trying to make sure it is actually "active"
This is what it looks like on my account. Showed up the day that my Chase statement closed where I passed $50K in spend on that cycle.

Old Jan 1, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
Although I have earned the Level Up, rather than going from 75K to SE, AC seems to have given me another (extra) year of 75K. IOW, I have 75K status through 2024…

data points - approximately 125K SQM and $15K SQD
Old Jan 1, 2023, 3:54 am

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Did you earn 30K points from a credit card? If so your status was extended another year.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:20 am

If they earned 125k SQM and 15k SQD, the status extension is irrelevant.

And if they earned the level up, they definitely earned 30k from a CC.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 6:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Any idea when the level up earned in 2022 will actually get reflected in status? Was kind of hoping for it to be ready by now - I know, asking for a lot.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Did you earn 30K points from a credit card? If so your status was extended another year.
That would extend it to the end of 2023 not 2024. I think for folks who are seeing 2024, its a glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.