Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Is it different from last week, or just different from what's in the wiki? Since the menus were all changed on the 28th or 29th, I've either not been up before the YYZ breakfast menu has disappeared for the day or not remembered to screenshot it and update the wiki. So the wiki does not reflect the big menu update from last week for YYZ breakfast.
New as of sometime between Tuesday last week and Yesterday, As of Monday last week it was still old Menu in YYZ MLL

Originally Posted by canadiancow
YYZ breakfast burrito is fine.

Not great, but fine.
I agree with this - Lot of bread/dough, little egg
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I've tried the brekkie burrito on four different mornings (jogged memory from pics!) the past week and they've all been slightly different... seems like different chefs working that day... one day there as a nice amount of cheese, and some days there is a lot of egg and no cheese... and one day it was little egg and lots of everything else... and today they included two strawberries (usually one) and a little cup of what I think was sour cream (usually goes with the quesadillas)
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I've tried the brekkie burrito on four different mornings (jogged memory from pics!) the past week and they've all been slightly different... seems like different chefs working that day... one day there as a nice amount of cheese, and some days there is a lot of egg and no cheese... and one day it was little egg and lots of everything else... and today they included two strawberries (usually one) and a little cup of what I think was sour cream (usually goes with the quesadillas)

Today I definitely did not get strawberries or any cream.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Today I definitely did not get strawberries or any cream.
maybe they ran out by the time you ordered
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:50 am

YYC morning snack menu.

Muffin and fruit cup

Pancakes
Old Jul 6, 2021, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone actually follow the traffic flow arrows on MLL floors?

I have yet to see an employee or contract employee of AC actually enforce them.

in addition, they blatantly break it themselves, which would most likely make it more difficult to enforce. I'm not debating whether it's ok or not that they don't follow them... they are trained in what they do.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 1:00 pm

I can walk through the entire MLL, past every other guest, or I can go against the arrows, take a 10 foot trip, and walk past two people.

I'm not following the arrows.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can walk through the entire MLL, past every other guest, or I can go against the arrows, take a 10 foot trip, and walk past two people.

I'm not following the arrows.
you get no argument from me.

farcey mcfarceface arrows
Old Jul 6, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
December?!?!

I have almost no doubt they'll be open by then.
so you have a little bit of doubt still?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It has been proven that one-way arrows are one of the worst things you can do for exposure.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It has been proven that one-way arrows are one of the worst things you can do for exposure.
How so?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Duff76
so you have a little bit of doubt still?
More than before, but I'd still classify it as "a little".
Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:19 pm

I have yet to see an employee or contract employee of AC actually enforce them.

in addition, they blatantly break it themselves, which would most likely make it more difficult to enforce. I'm not debating whether it's ok or not that they don't follow them... they are trained in what they do.
It's also impossible for someone in a wheelchair to comply with the arrows, unless they can do stairs.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 5:48 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
My first time in an MLL in a long time. Must say I'm quite unimpressed that the YYC breakfast menu consists of eggs, eggs, eggs, or pancakes. At least there's one non-egg dish, but that's a serious lack of variety.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
YYZ MLL was a zoo this morning- counted 24 people waiting in line to get in, circling back around the elevators - there was only one person staffing the desk dealing with a passenger issue. After we got in, others behind us were told that they are at capacity and that they had to wait. Only single seats were available in the socially-distanced lounge.

I heard someone saying they waited 40 minutes for hot food to arrive so staff members were walking around with a cart full of the hot options asking each table if they ordered anything.

Surely AC know how many are flying and how many have access so they can staff appropriate numbers .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.