Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vancouver25k
As of July 2022, MLLs appear to be largely back to normal operations.

Ordering to the table has been shut down, with most MLLs offering self-serve buffets similar to what was available pre-COVID.

Note that the EWR MLL has been permanently shut down as a result of changes/construction at EWR.

Showers
YYZ​​​​​​ int - closed (Aug 12. They claimed all showers closed at YYZ but I was only at int.)
YVR tb - open
YVR int - open
YUL int - open

Print Wikipost

MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Points Poppa
Have an upcoming 6hr layover in YVR for connection to HNL. Arriving on a domestic connection, can we visit the domestic MLL if the transborder MLL remains closed?
Yes.

Understanding that no one knows but AC, any chance the transborder MLL opens by August?
I refer you to the following video material:

Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Ehh I could see an August opening for hub TB lounges, especially if Americans are allowed in starting late July.

But I wouldn't make any plans that require it.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The Buffalo Chicken Taco at YYZ Dom MLL is quite tasty.

apologies for the low quality pic but whatever.
bubbelbine likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Per the concierge in YWG - "B" stations like YWG are planning to open in Aug if not earlier
Did not expect them to have the unique and interesting menus like the larger stations though
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by yyznomad
The Buffalo Chicken Taco at YYZ Dom MLL is quite tasty.

apologies for the low quality pic but whatever.
Are you being sarcastic? I’ll be in the MLL tomorrow and really don’t want nausea on a red eye.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Are you being sarcastic? I’ll be in the MLL tomorrow and really don’t want nausea on a red eye.
Just had it now. A little heavy on the ranch for my liking (though not as much as in the OP’s photo) but all in all decent enough.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Well, when it comes to MLL food, grain of salt... it's much better than past offerings and is "tasty" in that isn't bland, the meat is not dry, and you don't get diarrhea. I had two in one order and was satiated/satisfied.

Originally Posted by talkeryxu
Just had it now. A little heavy on the ranch for my liking (though not as much as in the OP’s photo) but all in all decent enough.
Yeah, "decent" is a good and basic description.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC SE
New Menu in YYZ MLL as of this week
Breakfast Burrito - Update on the cold snacks, Didnt get a chance to snap a pic of that menu, but nice to have a change from the same old from the past 10 Months

Old Jul 5, 2021, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caziz
Breakfast Burrito - Update on the cold snacks, Didnt get a chance to snap a pic of that menu, but nice to have a change from the same old from the past 10 Months
it's same as last week too but the wiki wasn't updated (I thought the yyz bkfast wiki had been but I guess not)

updated: I think I'm incorrect, I had the same items this morning and thought it was the same as last week but it is indeed different
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by caziz
it's same as last week too but the wiki wasn't updated (I thought the yyz bkfast wiki had been but I guess not)

updated: I think I'm incorrect, I had the same items this morning and thought it was the same as last week but it is indeed different
Is it different from last week, or just different from what's in the wiki? Since the menus were all changed on the 28th or 29th, I've either not been up before the YYZ breakfast menu has disappeared for the day or not remembered to screenshot it and update the wiki. So the wiki does not reflect the big menu update from last week for YYZ breakfast.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Is it different from last week, or just different from what's in the wiki? Since the menus were all changed on the 28th or 29th, I've either not been up before the YYZ breakfast menu has disappeared for the day or not remembered to screenshot it and update the wiki. So the wiki does not reflect the big menu update from last week for YYZ breakfast.
I forgot that I took screenshots and pictures last week.
the new yyz menu indeed existed last week as well (at least, on June 29)
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:58 am

YYZ breakfast burrito is fine.

Not great, but fine.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:08 am

I forgot that I took screenshots and pictures last week.
the new yyz menu indeed existed last week as well (at least, on June 29)
Okay, well, today I'm up early and remembered to update the wiki, so it has now been changed.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
About time!

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I was referring to the elevator, not actually entering the MLL.

On the bright side, I assume the much-requested self-entry kiosks will finally be installed.
Even the ubiquitous Dollarama stores here in YUL have gone to self-checkout, so not a stretch to imagine that AC can muscle up the intellectual horsepower to make it so at the MLL's.
Wait a minute, it IS AC I'm talking about. Hmmm.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 7:50 am

It's practically self serve entry. Walk up, scan your BP, it flashes green, they say thank you, and in you go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.