Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Virtual AC Do - Every Saturday until after COVID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Where: On your computing device. Anything with a Zoom client. https://zoom.us/download - You probably want "Zoom Client for Meetings" or "Zoom Mobile Apps".

When: Saturday April 13 2024 @ 1700 PDT / 2000 EDT / 2130 NDT - We will likely go quite late, typically ending after 0100 PDT.

The link will be the same every week. We don't need a list, many people will be here. Just add your name if you want the link PM'd to you around 1630 PDT before the do.

Suggestion: Please include your forum handle (and optionally your name) when logging onto Zoom.

Please send me the same link as last week:
canadiancalf
Print Wikipost

Virtual AC Do - Every Saturday until after COVID

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2021, 4:11 pm

Checking into my new (actually habitable) hotel today, I ran into an AC crew of 4. Sort of surprised to see their day end in YCD by 2:30pm ... but I guess if it started at 5am or earlier elsewhere this makes sense. They were most amused by my exclaiming "Ooooh, airline crew!! Haven't seen your kind in ages, I don't know you, but know I miss you!"

*and yes, I am aware I am a dork - I'm not nerdy enough to know specifically what flight/aircraft they came off of, but I'm dorky enough that it made me happy to see them.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by codfather
​​​​​​Not sure how, but I missed canopus27 and painintheuk
What, a person does not participate for 6 months and is forgotten??? I am hurt......
Old Feb 21, 2021, 5:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Checking into my new (actually habitable) hotel today, I ran into an AC crew of 4. Sort of surprised to see their day end in YCD by 2:30pm ... but I guess if it started at 5am or earlier elsewhere this makes sense. They were most amused by my exclaiming "Ooooh, airline crew!! Haven't seen your kind in ages, I don't know you, but know I miss you!"

*and yes, I am aware I am a dork - I'm not nerdy enough to know specifically what flight/aircraft they came off of, but I'm dorky enough that it made me happy to see them.
Glad to hear this hotel was open. Hopefully the AC crew didn't get their in the same roundabout way you did? That doesn't surprise me at all that their day would be over so early. Super short days have been common. I know a Jazz pilot who has had a lot of days where he deadheads to YVR, flies one turn (did YCD last week), and then deadheads home.

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
What, a person does not participate for 6 months and is forgotten??? I am hurt......
Out of sight, out of mind
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Yhztraveller I thought I tagged you in the first one! My mistake.

Update: I did!
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
T-12 and I am finally done with everything I needed to do. This has been a very hectic Saturday. Good thing it's almost drink time.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:06 pm

I will be on a little bit later.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by canadiancow
T-12 and I am finally done with everything I needed to do. This has been a very hectic Saturday. Good thing it's almost drink time.
trying to find the link....
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
trying to find the link....
@Yhztraveller, I just PMed it to you.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
@Yhztraveller, I just PMed it to you.
Tks
Old Feb 27, 2021, 6:55 pm

I’m watching some of the Scotties with my dad so will be joining around 11:30 NST. Staying on later tonight.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:36 pm

Great seeing folks again!
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:37 pm

A great review of the Virtual Do tonight from @Yhztraveller - "maybe now that I have nothing better to do, I'll join you guys more often" 🤣
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
A great review of the Virtual Do tonight from @Yhztraveller - "maybe now that I have nothing better to do, I'll join you guys more often" 🤣
I'd like to say that I was quoted out of context, but I wasn't!
Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Waiting to be let in....lol
Old Mar 1, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by codfather
​​​​​​Not sure how, but I missed canopus27 and painintheuk
Ditto! What a terrible snub!

Now I need to figure out why codfather 's mention didn't trigger an email to me ... I thought a mention used to do that ...
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.