FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virtual AC Do - Every Saturday until after COVID
Old Feb 21, 2021, 5:40 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Checking into my new (actually habitable) hotel today, I ran into an AC crew of 4. Sort of surprised to see their day end in YCD by 2:30pm ... but I guess if it started at 5am or earlier elsewhere this makes sense. They were most amused by my exclaiming "Ooooh, airline crew!! Haven't seen your kind in ages, I don't know you, but know I miss you!"

*and yes, I am aware I am a dork - I'm not nerdy enough to know specifically what flight/aircraft they came off of, but I'm dorky enough that it made me happy to see them.
Glad to hear this hotel was open. Hopefully the AC crew didn't get their in the same roundabout way you did? That doesn't surprise me at all that their day would be over so early. Super short days have been common. I know a Jazz pilot who has had a lot of days where he deadheads to YVR, flies one turn (did YCD last week), and then deadheads home.

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
What, a person does not participate for 6 months and is forgotten??? I am hurt......
Out of sight, out of mind