Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Virtual AC Do - Every Saturday until after COVID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
Where: On your computing device. Anything with a Zoom client. https://zoom.us/download - You probably want "Zoom Client for Meetings" or "Zoom Mobile Apps".

When: Saturday April 13 2024 @ 1700 PDT / 2000 EDT / 2130 NDT - We will likely go quite late, typically ending after 0100 PDT.

The link will be the same every week. We don't need a list, many people will be here. Just add your name if you want the link PM'd to you around 1630 PDT before the do.

Suggestion: Please include your forum handle (and optionally your name) when logging onto Zoom.

Please send me the same link as last week:
canadiancalf
Print Wikipost

Virtual AC Do - Every Saturday until after COVID

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
But when they speak English, why not ask "do you have Coke Zero?"
I mean, because I drink Diet Coke, but a lot of places only have one "coke, no sugar" product, period.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:17 am

Programs: AC 50K
Looks like I've missed quite the get together, is the link still the same?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by marchelli
It's been the same the last few weeks I've joined.

I actually mentioned you on the most recent zoom... about meeting up with a bunch of FTers (cow, calf, dc, dc's wife, you, etc.) (Dec 2019?), and then you driving me back to YVR and me missing my flight.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
But when they speak English, why not ask "do you have Coke Zero?"
Because the number of times that's resulted in "yes" and a regular Coke is quite high.

I do that in English speaking regions, in quiet environments. Anything over the phone is a non-starter there.

And as others have mentioned, the diet/light discrepancy can be even worse, since that product has a different name in different regions, yet "Zero" is always the same.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
For those who asked on the call Saturday night (while I did my Nexus renewal during the call) it got approved this morning, expires 2026. I think expert7700 and someone else asked.

oh! I think nomadic.relief asked too!

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 5, 2021 at 9:31 am Reason: merge separate posts
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
oh! I think nomadic.relief asked too!
No interview? Lucky *bleep*.

Originally Posted by marchelli
marchelli still the same!
Sean Peever likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 5, 2021 at 9:33 am Reason: merge separate posts
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I'm begging to think that yyznomad is an aerohoarder.
Bohemian1

Not quite, but would be happy to explain on the next VirtualDO.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: HH Silver
Hi folks,

A few posts were deleted as they dealt in a little too much detail on a topic that should really be carried on elsewhere on FT, such as the Trusted Traveler forum. This thread has been given a degree of latitude to carry on some conversations in between the weekly online Do's but much like the forum lounge thread detailed discussions of some matters should be explore in other corners of FT.

Regards,

tcook052
Air Canada forum co-moderator
allbrosca likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Is anyone able to join and take over as host in the next 15-20 minutes? I'm not sure if I'll be able to connect inflight.

Edit: got someone, thanks
MillennialMiles likes this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Jan 9, 2021 at 4:12 pm
Old Jan 9, 2021, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for the hiccups. I had to act all smart and convince the FA to reboot the wifi system twice before this started working.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Another well attended Saturday DO that lasted till 6AM EST. Who needs to reality TV show when we have DOs like this that change weekly?

-Participants joined from two competing *G airline flights simultaneously.

-AC bag mishandling between a domestic to transborder connection led to one participant getting IDB'd plus an unwanted 14+ hour overnight connection.
​​​​​​
-A rare extended (and seemingly sober) @codfather sighting. No morning run, hot date, or other excuse to drop off before midnight Atlantic time.

-Group effort to help an esteemed member with a paid Zoom account find the only open airport lounge. (for context, this was all in their "home" airport). Later, live streaming the struggle to change terminals inside, then outside, then through a parking garage. Finally--big suspense--their connection went out RIGHT AFTER we heard them say "it may be a very bad idea to approach airport police....."

Last edited by expert7700; Jan 10, 2021 at 3:04 pm
Old Jan 10, 2021, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by expert7700
Another well attended Saturday DO that lasted till 6AM EST. Who needs to reality TV show when we have DOs like this that change weekly?

-AC bag mishandling between a domestic to transborder connection led to one participant getting IDB'd plus an unwanted 14+ hour overnight connection.
​​​​​​
-A rare extended (and seemingly sober) @codfather sighting. No morning run, hot date, or other excuse to drop off before midnight Atlantic time.

-Group effort to help an esteemed member with a paid Zoom account find the only open airport lounge. (for context, this was all in their "home" airport). Later, live streaming the struggle to change terminals inside, then outside, then through a parking garage. Finally--big suspense--their connection went out RIGHT AFTER we heard them say "it may be a very bad idea to approach airport police....."
It was certainly riveting and entertaining. People will clamor for supporting their Patreon account!
Old Jan 10, 2021, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

​​​​​​

Okay I was not trying to find the only open lounge.

I was trying to ascertain if the only open lounge was open at that hour, which at least one of you helped me with.

I know which lounge is open, because it's been the only open lounge for at least 6 months.

But the rest is a reasonable recollection.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!

​​​​​​

Wow. I missed out.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
It was certainly riveting and entertaining. People will clamor for supporting their Patreon account!
​​​​​​​Surely you must mean their onlyfans
Old Jan 11, 2021, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keitherson

​​​​​​​Surely you must mean their onlyfans
Yes, but I would only subscribe if there was a guarantee of Sexy Scallions.
Bohemian1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.