Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-Related Flight Pass Extensions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Unbelievably, my unlimited pass expiring at the end of March is now showing an expiry date of July 31..
Mine still shows May 11th. Hopefully they will make the same change to my UFP.

Did you ask, or was it automatic?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: AC*SE, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ABG
My understanding is anything that is due to expire by 30 April will be extended to July 31 automatically
I went and checked my flight pass and just noticed they moved the exp to July 31st... thanks for this! I didn't even think to check that. Much appreciated
Old Mar 16, 2020, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My non-unlimited passes expiring in September (1 credit, 0, and 0 remaining) have not been adjusted. 6 of those credits may be cancelled if the YVR do doesn't happen, and I think it might be challenging to use them all before expiry (4 were bought specifically for 2 of us to go to YVR for skiing).

I'm not concerned yet. I don't even know if I'd have an issue using them. The main issue is one of the passes will have 5 credits if we cancel, and the other pax will not be able to use any, so I have to use them all in the next 6 months.

But it's a data point.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by ABG
AC has acted in really good faith with the information and timelines they have. They aren't ready to action all things for May yet, but they have shown when the time comes they will do their best to make everyone "whole".
The prorated value of my unused flight credits stands at about $40k. It's starting to look likely that it won't be possible to use any of these.

If AC were acting in "really good faith" I would expect, at a minimum, that they might reach out to me and at least acknowledge they're aware that I've prepaid for flights that they're no longer offering. I've heard nothing from them. AC, just communicate with me. That's all I'm asking at this point.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ABG
I told you passes were being extended with an expiry date of 30 April (which matches every AC policy right now for future travel), instead of thanking me for the information you decided to post that you didn't believe it. Other posters have backed up my information, but you still want AC to drop everything and create a special arrangement just for you since you are beyond 30th April for an expiry date. I maintain your post saying customer support and some social media still haven't gotten back to you after what, 26 hours, is just a dis-tasteful comment as they are obviously focused on what are basically rescue flights now. Your issue is *far* from urgent and I don't appreciate being personally called offensive for highlighting that fact. If you have such a problem with the product you purchased from Air Canada then go and deny the charge on your credit card. or go into the flight pass tool and adjust something in your card details that will cause the charge to be refused.

AC has acted in really good faith with the information and timelines they have. They aren't ready to action all things for May yet, but they have shown when the time comes they will do their best to make everyone "whole".
Just because you "told me that passes were being extended..." doesn't make it true. I've seen that posted exactly nowhere on the AC website nor on social media. You posted no reference to that and best I can tell from your profile, you don't work for AC. Also, it is more intuitive that they could extend the expiry date of credits. An unlimited pass has unlimited credits. So it is far less intuitive that they would just say keep flying as much as you want for extra months. In any event, the expiry date of my flight pass has not been extended, I've stopped my flying and I'm going to be charged another $2400 soon. If AC was acting in as good faith as you suggest, would it be that hard to post something somewhere that says something to the effect of, "while we don't currently have time to reach out to every unlimited flight pass holder at this time, we recognize that there is concern and we will be in touch within 14 days"?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: AC 35k
My unlimited pass (which for this payment expires beginning of April) has been extended to June.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I finally spoke to someone at Air Canada who was able to give me an answer. Air Canada just issued a directive that unlimited flight pass holders should request a hold on the pass through customer care on the website. The pass will be put on hold until the pass holder requests that it become active again. The hold period will be added to the length of the pass. According to the representative, this will not be done automatically but only upon request. However, I see that YXUFlyboy had his extended until June already. Was that automatic or did you make that request?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by ac/elite
I finally spoke to someone at Air Canada who was able to give me an answer. Air Canada just issued a directive that unlimited flight pass holders should request a hold on the pass through customer care on the website. The pass will be put on hold until the pass holder requests that it become active again. The hold period will be added to the length of the pass. According to the representative, this will not be done automatically but only upon request. However, I see that YXUFlyboy had his extended until June already. Was that automatic or did you make that request?
AC confirmed my UFP is on hold, with the hold backdated to my last flight (March 12th). I will have just under 2 months to go when I notify AC to take it off hold. Final payment is suspended as well.

Not sure the two months left of the UFP will make financial sense, but at least I have the flexibility to restart it whenever I want (within reason I assume).
Old Mar 23, 2020, 3:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Unlimited Flight Pass Suspended

Happy with this communication (took about a week)--still waiting to hear on my regular Flex E-W Connector pass that I have 4 credits left on and 3 meetings down east already cancelled and states of emergency all around (in no hurry to travel even if I could).

Dear Mr. BlondeBomber,

Thank you for your email with respect to your Unlimited Flight Pass.

We understand your concerns with traveling at this time due to the concerns with the COVID-19 and we acknowledge all travel restrictions put into place currently. Under these exceptional circumstances, your Flight Pass will be placed on hold in approximately 48 hours.

Please cancel all upcoming reservations as outlined on the following link:

XXXXX

All unpaid installment payments will also be put on hold until the Flight Pass is reactivated.

We can reactivate your Flight Pass once you are ready to resume travel. Please take note, the monthly installment payments will also resume on a monthly basis once the Flight Pass is reactivated and we will extend your Flight Pass based on the length of your hold.

We look forward to your advice on a date for resumption of your travel.
mileageking likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:21 pm

Wow indefinite suspension until you reactivate. Thanks for the update BlondeBomber
Old Mar 23, 2020, 6:41 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Happy with this communication (took about a week)--still waiting to hear on my regular Flex E-W Connector pass that I have 4 credits left on and 3 meetings down east already cancelled and states of emergency all around (in no hurry to travel even if I could).

Dear Mr. BlondeBomber,

Thank you for your email with respect to your Unlimited Flight Pass.

We understand your concerns with traveling at this time due to the concerns with the COVID-19 and we acknowledge all travel restrictions put into place currently. Under these exceptional circumstances, your Flight Pass will be placed on hold in approximately 48 hours.

Please cancel all upcoming reservations as outlined on the following link:

XXXXX

All unpaid installment payments will also be put on hold until the Flight Pass is reactivated.

We can reactivate your Flight Pass once you are ready to resume travel. Please take note, the monthly installment payments will also resume on a monthly basis once the Flight Pass is reactivated and we will extend your Flight Pass based on the length of your hold.

We look forward to your advice on a date for resumption of your travel.
What;s the email contact for this? I'd like to send an e-mail to see if my 3 sunpass and 1 Europe pass get exetended.

Many thanks
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:49 pm

No extension for my pass yet. Still expires May 2/20.

However, I just got notification that my flights that were booked for April got cancelled. Email stated that I’ll have credit good to use for 24 months. I assume that this is the automatic email that gets sent to everyone, but if if/when the pass is extended on the main FP page they only want to extend my pass for a few months I might refer them to the email where they said 24 months.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:12 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by YEG USER
No extension for my pass yet. Still expires May 2/20.

However, I just got notification that my flights that were booked for April got cancelled. Email stated that I’ll have credit good to use for 24 months. I assume that this is the automatic email that gets sent to everyone, but if if/when the pass is extended on the main FP page they only want to extend my pass for a few months I might refer them to the email where they said 24 months.
Yes, i got auto e-mails that I can re-use for 24 months. Soem rev tix and some Sun pass. All Lat fares. SO now when I go and try and cancel them , get the red error page. Now I get to call in to get this sorted out. Great waste of my time and tying up the lines for now reason because of AC I. T rubbish. - Rant over -
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Go to Customer Support tab and down to "Customer Relations" "Send an Email" or click on link below:

Contact for Flight Pass Suspension

and go to "Flight Pass Product" box

Not as Super Elite, open to everyone, but can't say I received or didn't receive special attention as SE (they want to know in the form your fill out which constitutes the email).

Good luck all!
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I was on the phone with an agent yesterday having my March break credits refunded. My Florida + pass expires in June, so I asked her what my options are. She indicated that normal tickets are being delayed to 2021 so flight passes might be the same. Her recommendation was to send an email explaining what I wanted. In my case, my wife is a teacher so I need to move my credits to next March break. I will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.