Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How Long Does A Booking Frozen by Schedule Change Stay Frozen??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35K, Aeroplan Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Gold

Had an equipment and schedule change happen today on two upcoming bookings and now all my potential selection choices (especially Change Seats) are greyed out on AC.com.. Does anyone know how long the bookings will be frozen? The travel is not until Jul and Aug, so no real time crunch, but the equipment swap (both a removal AND an addition of a 7M8) has me wondering about the preferred seats I had selected when I booked.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At this time, until you call them. Hopefully that will change when the igration to Amdeus is complete.
Pegasus771 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pegasus771
Had an equipment and schedule change happen today on two upcoming bookings and now all my potential selection choices (especially Change Seats) are greyed out on AC.com.. Does anyone know how long the bookings will be frozen? The travel is not until Jul and Aug, so no real time crunch, but the equipment swap (both a removal AND an addition of a 7M8) has me wondering about the preferred seats I had selected when I booked.
Encountered the same thing today for the same timeframe.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Six e-mails from AC this morning. Five on schedule change, of which two are for the same itineraries but different flights, one on seat change for one of the above. Right now one of the flights, which was changed to a 333, show as lie-flat, but, inconsistently, with six abreast seat map, i.e. one of the ex SQ, ex TP ones.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
If your booking is locked...if you received a schedule change....

@Pegasus771 and to everyone else like us who have AC bookings that are locked, frozen, greyed-out or whatever description you want to call it:

To deal with this morning's notification of a 5 minute schedule change, I called AC. And yes, I am aware that my status does make a difference in helping me get through.

Based on the conversation, any and every schedule change of even 1 minute will lock the file. This is how she described it: the agents will see a flag on the booking. When we call in, they see the schedule change, make the change to the booking which can release the flag and it unlocks the booking. It is the system’s way of telling the agents that the customer is aware of the change. Whether some here think she made it up or not, my experience has been that unless you call in, you won't be able to clean up your booking.

I've spoken to other people who keep getting multiple changes to bookings and it is indeed a major hassle or nightmare to call in for each one.

If your changes are just a few minutes to the flight time, and it doesn't impact another flight and your trip is way off, perhaps wait before calling.

We all understand the challenge if you are in the middle of a trip, or if the change impacts a connection or if there is a flight cancellation and you can't rebook online, you may have no other choice but to call in. Or as someone suggested in another thread, maybe use a TA or OTA for now.

YMMV.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:19 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
To echo one of 24left 's points above, the one time (so far) I've had to call in, the agent also talked about needing to "clean up" the booking. This was for an FP booking made before the cutover BTW.

I have no real idea what that means other than what was mentioned above, but it seems like an ongoing thing. Maybe our resident Amadeus / GDS experts can theorize on what's going on behind the scenes.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
To echo one of 24left 's points above, the one time (so far) I've had to call in, the agent also talked about needing to "clean up" the booking. This was for an FP booking made before the cutover BTW.

I have no real idea what that means other than what was mentioned above, but it seems like an ongoing thing. Maybe our resident Amadeus / GDS experts can theorize on what's going on behind the scenes.
@D582 posted this elsewhere, but for a schedule change, the segment goes from HK (Holding confirmed) to TK (Confirmed, timechange). The agent needs to "accept" the change by changing it back to HK.

This is something that will eventually either be automatic, or possible with a simple button click on the website.
tcook052, Stranger, YWG-RO and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:49 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
@D582 posted this elsewhere, but for a schedule change, the segment goes from HK (Holding confirmed) to TK (Confirmed, timechange). The agent needs to "accept" the change by changing it back to HK.

This is something that will eventually either be automatic, or possible with a simple button click on the website.
Thanks. I recall reading that earlier but couldn't necessarily rationalize that to the "clean up" comment. But maybe that's all it is.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Question: Part of this acft/seat change also involved a schedule change of 50mins. Does this allow me to change flights without a change fee?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Question: Part of this acft/seat change also involved a schedule change of 50mins. Does this allow me to change flights without a change fee?
By rights, no. But you could ask.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow

indeed. @D582 explained it really well. And yes it may eventually be done without agent intervention.

But right now, there is some who are new to dealing with this or don't know what to do and from the tone of many posts since the Amadeus migration, many people panic.

As I mentioned to @Bohemian1, I find another challenge in helping people on AC FT is that there are multiple threads with similar topics and/or the same or similar questions in the main post-migration thread - which may have become to large and too general to search. We also seem to have at least 3 threads regarding the AC apps, for example. It would be more helpful at this point to break down the issues into different threads.

(i had actually started collecting all the threads offline, grouping topics and posts and was going to try and organize...)
D582 likes this.

Last edited by 24left; Jan 21, 2020 at 2:47 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100k
Does one need to accept the change before one can check in? ie. If you get a flight change notification but you're happy with the new flight times and don't need to make any changes to the booking, can you just ignore it and check in online like normal at T-24? I got a bunch of emails notifying me of pretty insignificant changes to flight arrival times (but no change to departure times!) -- do I need to call in to clean up these bookings?
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Ah this explains a recent event. Tried to eupgrade online and wouldn’t let me. Generic message said it was unavailable There was a schedule change of 5 min to the arrival time a few weeks prior. Called in and agent confirmed schedule change and processed eupgrade.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
So if a schedule change causes a misconnect, and you have no status, you are basically screwed, correct?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by rankourabu
So if a schedule change causes a misconnect, and you have no status, you are basically screwed, correct?
The robot will fix your end to end, possibly with a 72 hour cx in YQM or other undesirable solutions. So grab a beer and get on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.