Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How Long Does A Booking Frozen by Schedule Change Stay Frozen??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long Does A Booking Frozen by Schedule Change Stay Frozen??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Points Poppa
If one were so inclined, what could they accomplish? Would a complaint to CATSA be the appropriate vehicle? Ane to the Honourable Minister of Transport?
Not sure why you quoted me here...

Originally Posted by Points Poppa
My solution is the same as described elsewhere, call them as soon as I get to my office and keep them on speaker while I go about my day, but am genuinely curious as to what else can be done other than booking another carrier.
“Call them” is precisely what I suggested as well.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
What a nuisance this will be for me!

I was just told about this by marke190, which now means that I will have to call AC and unfreeze about five different bookings. I can only hope AC allows me to unfreeze them as I am not the passenger listed on the reservation, but I am the one that booked the flights (I book all travel for my university society).

I find all these Amadeus changes to be so far beyond crazy! They don't even make any sense!
marke190 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:39 pm

Is the avalanche of recent flight changes for the summer season a result of the extension of the 737 MAX grounding?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by codfather
What a nuisance this will be for me!

I was just told about this by marke190, which now means that I will have to call AC and unfreeze about five different bookings. I can only hope AC allows me to unfreeze them as I am not the passenger listed on the reservation, but I am the one that booked the flights (I book all travel for my university society).

I find all these Amadeus changes to be so far beyond crazy! They don't even make any sense!
We would surely have reports if 5 minute schedule changes locking records actually cause flight problems. If you don't need to change anything, you don't need to change anything.

Originally Posted by sokolov
Is the avalanche of recent flight changes for the summer season a result of the extension of the 737 MAX grounding?
They have been pushing back and rescheduling things by +/- 1 month every +/- month for 10 months. Its not new weirdness.
ffsim and canadiancow like this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sokolov
Between yesterday and today I got a total of 12 e-mails about changes. for my wife and myself. The ones from yesterday were before the Boeing announcement, the ones from today, after. So the first ones definitely had nothing to do with the Max. Merely schedule changes in the coming months.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:15 am

OK.

In my nick of the woods, they reduced the entire summer schedule from 3 to 4 flights a day to 2. Flights AC was still selling Tuesday (before the Boeing announcement), were cancelled Wednesday (after the Boeing announcement). But that could be a coincidence.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by RangerNS
We would surely have reports if 5 minute schedule changes locking records actually cause flight problems. If you don't need to change anything, you don't need to change anything.
The flight was changed from 7 am departure to 5:20 am departure, so I am going to assume that it has now locked based on the fact that it wasn't an insignificant time change.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:35 am

My YUL-YOW flight on February 29th, connecting from FCO-YUL, had its arrival time in YOW changed by 2 minutes ... but file is now locked. Madness.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Extent of the change is irrelevant. Any change to time pushes it from HK to TK. That is desirable per se, it's just the lack of ability to self-accept that's causing issues now.
Stranger and D582 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:40 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Extent of the change is irrelevant. Any change to time pushes it from HK to TK. That is desirable per se, it's just the lack of ability to self-accept that's causing issues now.
I think any change at all, including change of aircraft, moves it to TK.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:53 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
If your itinerary includes another carrier which also uses Amadeus, you may be able to unlock the itinerary by accepting the change elsewhere.
I had an AP ticket includes both AC, TK and MS. I was able to use MS website to accept changes.
However, on another AC+UA 016 ticket where AC had a schedule change, for whatever reason, Ac.com is still frozen after the entire ticket was re-issued by UA...
Old Jan 23, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ericw
However, on another AC+UA 016 ticket where AC had a schedule change, for whatever reason, Ac.com is still frozen after the entire ticket was re-issued by UA...
The issue is with the reservation not the ticket.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:09 am

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by D582
The issue is with the reservation not the ticket.
I understand. UA agent worked on the 12 segment ticket to ROR/TKK manually last month and then re-issued the ticket. I trust they must have accepted the changes on the AC segment YYZ-SFO.
Nonetheless, AC.com is still blocked. Meanwhile, BR.com (final inbound) does not show any schedule changes.

*Oh - UA.com shows 2 PNRs for AC (before and after the migration). The old PNR had another AC HNL-YYZ leg (the only AC leg before the migration) that was removed from my itinerary 6 months ago due to a major schedule change and broken connection; for whatever reason, that HNL-YYZ leg stayed under that PNR on AC.com (last time I checked right before the migration). The AC YYZ-SFO leg was added by UA after the migration and the new AC PNR is the same as BR's PNR. I wonder if the reason AC.com doesn't clear is due to the schedule change of HNL-YYZ which is no longer part of my itinerary but is still under the old PNR...another bug

Last edited by ericw; Jan 24, 2020 at 7:25 am
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'll never complain about UA's IT or customer service again. AC looks like it got training from Air Koryo at the moment.
leoo likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35K, Aeroplan Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Gold
Called AC today to get it unlocked. On hold for 1 hr and 45 min before agent picked up, but once connected, she was able to unlock both PNR very quickly and with good humour. She was also able to get “other department” to credit my unused e-ups back to my account from a flight a week ago that hadn’t cleared. Other than the wait, a good AC experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.