Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How Long Does A Booking Frozen by Schedule Change Stay Frozen??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long Does A Booking Frozen by Schedule Change Stay Frozen??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by RangerNS
The robot will fix your end to end, possibly with a 72 hour cx in YQM or other undesirable solutions. So grab a beer and get on the phone.
The robot has rebooked a 20 minute connection in YUL coming off intl.

So to confirm, now amongs the thousands of AC pax that are screwed daily with no phone support, correct?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The robot has rebooked a 20 minute connection in YUL coming off intl.

So to confirm, now amongs the thousands of AC pax that are screwed daily with no phone support, correct?
Just call in and get it fixed. What are you trying to accomplish here? We all know the hold times are atrocious, you’re not contributing anything new.
canadiancow and RangerNS like this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I have a flight from yyz-bna-yyz booked on a revenue ticket and a ticket for my son on an AE ticket. Slight change in schedule locked my flight but not the AE booking. Left it for a week or so and then called in to get it cleaned up.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
Just call in and get it fixed. .
Call into where?

What hold times? They dont even pick up.....
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Call into where?

What hold times? They dont even pick up.....
Just called the FOTSG line and got placed in the queue. They announced expected hold times of between 75 and 90 minutes. Entirely unacceptable if you ask me, but they definitely picked up.

ETA: there was a phone option for immediate travel which may even have a shorter hold time. But you would’ve already known that had you actually tried calling.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allbrosca
I have a flight from yyz-bna-yyz booked on a revenue ticket and a ticket for my son on an AE ticket. Slight change in schedule locked my flight but not the AE booking. Left it for a week or so and then called in to get it cleaned up.
Are you sure about that? I have a couple of similar situations. Paid tickets and rewards look exactly the same on aircanada.com.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just called the FOTSG line and got placed in the queue. They announced expected hold times of between 75 and 90 minutes. Entirely unacceptable if you ask me, but they definitely picked up.

ETA: there was a phone option for immediate travel which may even have a shorter hold time. But you would’ve already known that had you actually tried calling.
Well that's great that at 9pm there is *only* 90 minutes of waiting. At noon, noone picked up.

Now when do I call Aeroplan, because apart from 7am when the wait was *only* 1.5 hours, they seem to drop my call at 2:00

I
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:43 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Stranger
Are you sure about that? I have a couple of similar situations. Paid tickets and rewards look exactly the same on aircanada.com.
Yes. I was able to go in and pick seats for the AE booking (funny - I wasn't able to before the schedule change) and it was when I went to check my seat I found out the revenue booking was frozen,
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:56 am

I have an issue to resolve with a 24 hour change in my flights. Cannot get through to agents on phone etc. I have another trip this week, will trying to see an agent at the airport, to make the changes needed, be a feasible thing?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
I have an issue to resolve with a 24 hour change in my flights. Cannot get through to agents on phone etc. I have another trip this week, will trying to see an agent at the airport, to make the changes needed, be a feasible thing?
IME airport agents have only been helpful / willing / capable of modifying reservations for imminent flights. And even then...

The reservations call centre has always been my go-to body for anything having to do with future travel. Of course, this is likely because I don’t have access to the concierge team.
Bogwoppit likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 2:38 pm

Ahhh this explains it. I have 2 bookings for June 2020, but have gotten 6 emails in the past 2 days with schedule changes, that I can't do anything to online. Wish I had read this before calling - announced 5-10 minute wait time - I eventually had to hang up after 30 minutes due to a meeting. Sadly no status with AC (just *G). Will this resolve itself as part of the reservation system transition in the next few weeks? (Sorry, don't really pay attention to AC as I infrequently fly it).

Last edited by adams828; Jan 22, 2020 at 2:39 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jan 22, 2020, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adams828
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/undefinedAhhh this explains it. I have 2 bookings for June 2020, but have gotten 6 emails in the past 2 days with schedule changes, that I can't do anything to online. Wish I had read this before calling - announced 5-10 minute wait time - I eventually had to hang up after 30 minutes due to a meeting. Sadly no status with AC (just *G). Will this resolve itself as part of the reservation system transition in the next few weeks? (Sorry, don't really pay attention to AC as I infrequently fly it).
Things will only get better over time. If you're fine with the changes, just wait.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Things will only get better over time. If you're fine with the changes, just wait.
One trip is maybe 20-25 min. on each segment, so not the end of the world. However the second trip, the departure time was moved up over 50 minutes, which does impact my transportation plans. Guess I’ll have to block a chunk of time to call that one in.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adams828
One trip is maybe 20-25 min. on each segment, so not the end of the world. However the second trip, the departure time was moved up over 50 minutes, which does impact my transportation plans. Guess I’ll have to block a chunk of time to call that one in.
If you call in, make sure they handle both of them, if only so you can regain access to online seat selection.
adams828 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:52 pm

Just call in and get it fixed. What are you trying to accomplish here? We all know the hold times are atrocious, you’re not contributing anything new.
If one were so inclined, what could they accomplish? Would a complaint to CATSA be the appropriate vehicle? Ane to the Honourable Minister of Transport?

My solution is the same as described elsewhere, call them as soon as I get to my office and keep them on speaker while I go about my day, but am genuinely curious as to what else can be done other than booking another carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.