Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by vernonc
Sudbury's roads are like the moon. Meant for off road vehicles or trucks.
What are you doing up there?

Down around Simcoe at the weekend, a number of dubious roads with big signs saying not maintained - use at own risk
Old May 23, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jc94
What are you doing up there?

Down around Simcoe at the weekend, a number of dubious roads with big signs saying not maintained - use at own risk
Was in Sudbury two weekends in May. Doing my good family guy bit by visiting a International student (relative) who is studying up there. Those roads make TO roads look like billiard tables. Might have something to do with the weather (sand/grit everywhere) and poor upkeep. I think 1/3 or more of vehicles up there seem to be pickup trucks. Felt like I was in Texas without the hats.
jc94 likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Finished memorizing Liebesträume No. 3 (except for the two mini cadenzas - mainly fingering and speed to work on), but not yet in performance-worthy condition.

Now starting Liszt S.144 Concert Étude No 3 (Un Sospiro)!
This one will take awhile.
Changed my mind as Un Sospiro will take much longer than I thought.
So I switched to Schubert Op. 90 No. 4 Impromptu. It's easier.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I forgot how much of a hassle trying to find a place to rent was
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pewpew
I forgot how much of a hassle trying to find a place to rent was
I had to find a place a few years ago while doing extensive renos on my own home.

Try finding a place to rent when vacancy is around 1%, you only want it for 6 months, and "oh by the way I have my 5th child on the way".
pewpew likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Roses are red
violets are blue
@24left isn't here
we don't know what to do
Nitehawk, ffsim, flyquiet and 3 others like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:43 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Let it Snow

The latest Mr. Robot teaser email is brilliant:

tcook052 and ffsim like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm removing a hard drive and I can't find my 4.3mm Phillips #00 screwdriver. Ugh.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31132580-post4.html

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Checked baggage would be checked through, unless you request it to be short checked (as above).

Remember ​​​to get a donair.
TIL
Had no idea the Donair originated there. KOD!
Old May 23, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31132580-post4.html
TIL
Had no idea the Donair originated there. KOD!
Kinda. Depends on if you think ravioli and perogies are the same thing.

Either way, if doner, donair, ravioli or perogi come with lettuce, someone is getting shanked.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Went to bed early after the Raps made up for their double digit deficits but were still behind at the end of 3Q... then woke up early and looked at the score with a double and triple take.
I am happy that @tcook052 and my predictions were incorrect!
tcook052 likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I was watching the Jays yesterday (hurray for afternoon games), but had to take my daughter to pick up her new glasses. When I left home it was tied at 1 apiece. When I got back it was the bottom of the ninth and the Jays were down 8-1. Sigh.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
TFW your 3 min Lyft pickup takes 9 mins to arrive... but you end up waiting for the train anyway as it’s delayed 5 mins.

I don’t know why drivers think taking almost 10 mins to travel well under 1km is acceptable when I can see they’ve taken an obscure route for whatever reason.

Plus I asked, and was told there’s no much traffic so that had a wide opening to mention of the 6 lane road near me has issues. Grrrr.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Went to bed early after the Raps made up for their double digit deficits but were still behind at the end of 3Q... then woke up early and looked at the score with a double and triple take.
I am happy that @tcook052 and my predictions were incorrect!
As am I as they've started playing as a complete team which they weren't early on. Game six at home is huge!
Old May 24, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by jc94
TFW your 3 min Lyft pickup takes 9 mins to arrive... but you end up waiting for the train anyway as it’s delayed 5 mins.

I don’t know why drivers think taking almost 10 mins to travel well under 1km is acceptable when I can see they’ve taken an obscure route for whatever reason.

Plus I asked, and was told there’s no much traffic so that had a wide opening to mention of the 6 lane road near me has issues. Grrrr.
From what I remember, I think most of them do it to try and see if a more lucrative fare comes in while they are enroute.
jc94 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.