Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
CBJ one game in hand. For now habs are in.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
CBJ one game in hand. For now habs are in.
Impressive performance by the Habs.

Would really be helpful if CBJ went on to lose tonight
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by ffsim
Impressive performance by the Habs.

Would really be helpful if CBJ went on to lose tonight
Okay with me.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by tcook052
Okay with me.
10 minutes. Don't mess it up
tcook052 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:24 pm

Okay with me.
10 minutes. Don't mess it up
Well, that worked out nicely ^
tcook052 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:33 pm

Well, that worked out nicely ^
Well, almost as a local pub has a FB contest to predict the score of the day's Oilers game and win a $25 GC and I've picked a pair of 3-2 Oilers victories lately so entered that again today before game time. I had hoped CBJ might get a late goal to make it 3-2 but no such luck. An Oilers win is however still a win and welcomed as they play out the season.
ffsim likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:11 am

So I attended a micro-Do of sorts in SEA today, somehow FOTSG came up and it garnered much amusement for being oh-so-Canadian because we apparently are too nice to just use "kettle".

*note: if this acronym appears elsewhere, I did give yyznomad credit, but it may require trademarking ASAP
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
So I attended a micro-Do of sorts in SEA today, somehow FOTSG came up and it garnered much amusement for being oh-so-Canadian because we apparently are too nice to just use "kettle".

*note: if this acronym appears elsewhere, I did give yyznomad credit, but it may require trademarking ASAP
FOTSG is much harder to pronounce than kettle. I never quite understood kettle, but I liked VBIT.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
FOTSG is much harder to pronounce than kettle. I never quite understood kettle, but I liked VBIT.
Definition of a "kettle"

For anyone else wondering
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
What I've now self-diagnoses as mouse-shoulder has gone from slightly annoying for 20 minutes in the morning, 6 months ago, to 2 weeks ago being for 2 hours of annoying, to this week snapping to 5/10 pain always. 4/10, with a steady intake of Vitamin I.

Right on schedule, at age 40.5.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
raps buds losing to lowly teams as of late to close the regular seasons

let the 18-wheeler trip to the cliff accelerate
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:09 pm

raps buds losing to lowly teams as of late to close the regular seasons

let the 18-wheeler trip to the cliff accelerate
Warriors suffered a 35-point blowout loss to lowly Mavs on Sat. so it happens to some of the best teams at times. Better now than in the post season.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Warriors suffered a 35-point blowout loss to lowly Mavs on Sat. so it happens to some of the best teams at times. Better now than in the post season.
You're right, but the buds have been a not-so-good streak of losing to not-so-good teams...
Raps also lost a recent crapout to lowly cavs!
But yeah, agreed better now than post season!
tcook052 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, maybe it's better that the buds might face pens instead. Or nobody at all.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
You're right, but the buds have been a not-so-good streak of losing to not-so-good teams...
Raps also lost a recent crapout to lowly cavs!
But yeah, agreed better now than post season!
Don't jinx me. I am going to the Raps v/s Bulls tomorrow and on paper the Raps should lay on a beating.
No idea how that OKC buzzer beater went in yesterday from half court. The guy was not even trying. Best def of a Hail Mary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.