Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition and 2018 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Pro Parenting Tips From WTME - 6th (??) Installmentt

When you're on holiday and at a restaurant to celebrate the 13th birthday of your suddenly totally crazy daughter, do not insist on loudly singing happy birthday to her and making a bit of a scene.

Her dumping her entire glass of water on me, though extreme, might have been amusing in a way had it not resulted in her nearly ruining her 8 minute old phone.

I swear I'm not a bad dad but these kids sure like making me doubt myself!
canadiancow, jc94 and smallmj like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
So I took my son and his best friend for a day trip in to the big city today (Halifax). Is it wrong that I really enjoyed taking my dentist's kid to a candy store?
pewpew and canadiancow like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I swear I'm not a bad dad but these kids sure like making me doubt myself!
That's what teenage kids are for. Kids spend 10-12 years thinking that you know everything, then another 8-10 years sure that you know nothing.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by smallmj
So I took my son and his best friend for a day trip in to the big city today (Halifax). Is it wrong that I really enjoyed taking my dentist's kid to a candy store?
Shoemakers children.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 3:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
That feeling when you injure your foot 3 weeks into your 6-week trip which involves a lot of activity...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I like old television shows on occasion.

On a 'Corner Gas' kick lately. I hadn't ever watched it before a couple of weeks ago. Enjoying it.

There is a name in the end credits that catches my eye each time. Free drink at next DO to person who can guess the name I mean.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
There is a name in the end credits that catches my eye each time. Free drink at next DO to person who can guess the name I mean.
I scanned through the full cast and crew on imdb, and the only name that jumped out at me was "Series Thanks: Scott Kennedy" Moo.

You'll have to come to the midi-DO mini-DO tonight if I'm right and you want to buy me a drink. I'm not sure if I'll make it to another DO for a long time. It'll be cheap though since it is soft drinks only for me. I can't touch the hard stuff.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I feel like someone should buy me a drink if they think I had any hand in a show that provided entertainment value

p.s. It wasn't me.
smallmj and WaytoomuchEurope like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: HH Silver
Jays Sanchez finally had a good game but gets a no decision in the come back win over Tribe. One run on five hits with zero walks and six strikeouts across five innings is far better than his recent form.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 3:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I was going to day-trip to the mountains with some other exchange students, but the one who was going to drive ditched, so now I'm doing the 6h round trip on my own... Well, I hope doing the Calgary to Banff to Jasper to Edmonton drive prepared me for this

but I have no clue how to parallel park, so in the end we might just drive there and turn around if we can't find perpendicular parking
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I just searched for a one-way from Vancouver to Bathurst, NB on Concur and got two options: YVR-YYZ-YYT-YUL-ZBF and YVR-YZF-YYC-YUL-ZBF. Too bad I don't need an MR...
Bohemian1, smallmj and marchelli like this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:38 pm

Great come-back for the Jays today. They were down 9-2 in the middle of the 6th and ended up winning 10-9 in 12 innings. 6 homers in the game.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: HH Silver
Jays Sanchez has another quality start but bullpen gives up a 7-run lead and Rays edge Jays.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
When I am working at our Montreal office I get a great view of the traffic landing at 24R/24L at YUL. When they are using those (which they are this afternoon) I find it hard to concentrate and just enjoy watching the flights land :-)

Then I get to head over there tonight and fly to Europe. Just debating whether I go over early enough to get food while the chef is working at the YUL INTL or if I get dinner somewhere else first.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
We had a lunch buffet (tacos), and I took my used plate back up for more.

As I was squirting on the sour cream, I thought of FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.