Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:40 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by eigenvector
major international carriers
Well there's yer problem.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by jjclancy
Sorry, I confused you with a no-status Tango pax.

Perhaps the staff in TLV did too. Is there a chance you neglected to mention that it was Paid J and that you are a SE and that your companion is an E75K?
Stay tuned when someone on the return flight from TLV farts next to this paid J SE and we get a new thread.

Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW

Stay tuned when someone on the return flight from TLV farts next to this paid J SE and we get a new thread.

I think only (Very Important Poopoo) VIPs are taken care of in these situations.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Originally Posted by yyznomad
You mean you don't know?

S100K is tantamount to human being.
Lol
sadly on here I get the feeling that when some schmuck in tango gets poor service they are told they get what they paid for, yet when paid J gets poor service it is horrible. It really should be that everyone gets good service while those who pay more get better service. And in no universe should losing track of a bag should be good service.
D404 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:54 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by awayIgo
A friend of mine was flying El Al to TLV. No status, she actually got a note, inflight, telling her that her bag had not been loaded and it would be sent on next flight. Now people knock ELAL, but that is the way it should be done!
I see 2 major problems with this:

1. what would they write the note on, and
2. what would they write the note with?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by KenHamer
I see 2 major problems with this:

1. what would they write the note on, and
2. what would they write the note with?
ACARS (but you knew that already)
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:01 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've checked well under 10 bags in the past 5 years. The last time I had an issue, giving me a budget for the first 24 hours was the first thing the baggage agent did after filing a claim.

Expecting an SE to know every operational nuance because they fly a lot is like expecting you to know the layout of YQY. If you fly there 10x/year, sure.
Moreover, it's likely that SEs would have the least exposure to issues like lost bags and would therefore have the least experience and knowledge of lost bags procedures and issues.

Well, in the rational world that would be the case.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YXUhomebase

Lol
sadly on here I get the feeling that when some schmuck in tango gets poor service they are told they get what they paid for, yet when paid J gets poor service it is horrible. It really should be that everyone gets good service while those who pay more get better service. And in no universe should losing track of a bag should be good service.
Agreed. Though the major issue was them not being willing to authorize any spend without some serious pushing, when by law it sounds like it's up to ~$1500 USD.

Bad things happen. As long as the bad thing isn't malicious or serious negligence, I'm much more concerned with the recovery.

I've had a drink spilled on me by a FA in the past month, but that didn't warrant a thread, because the apology and cleanup efforts were reasonable and sufficient.

"I'm sorry you have no underwear, but we can't authorize you to spend any money on replacements" is not reasonable or sufficient. For any passenger. But the fact that they'd do it to premium pax speaks volumes.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Perhaps AC needs to institutes a new fee one can pay to ensure their bag actually arrives within some reasonable time frame (like an hour) of landing.

But more seriously, it boils down again to stuff happens (with AC seems to be more often but I digress) and ACs issue is a shrug and a oh well never mind / poor info / staff who don’t really care. And that, *that* is ACs issue.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
Similar story of another passenger recently flew from Vernon to Orlando, no bag, was told by AC agent that no expenses were allowed. Made CBC news.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air...mits-1.4933798
@Cow, thinking back your credit card insurance, if you had checked both luggages under your name, you would have been good to go by claiming through credit card delayed luggage policy. Am I correct? Possible to inquire whether your companion is eligible since you bought his/her ticket using your credit card?
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by Sunny Day; Dec 29, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sunny Day
Similar story of another passenger recently flew from Vernon to Orlando, no bag, told no expenses allowed by AC agent. Made CBC news.
You mean a thread wasn't already on FT?
Air Canada accused of 'lying' to pax to avoid paying up to $2,100 for lost luggage

The big difference in this thread is that @canadiancow is SE on paid J, and his AmericanBovine is a E75-unswept-SE in paid J.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:46 pm

Air Canada accused of 'lying' to pax to avoid paying up to $2,100 for lost luggage

The big difference in this thread is that @canadiancow is SE on paid J, and his AmericanBovine is a E75-unswept-SE in paid J.
Hey cut me some slack !!! First time I have posted a link here. Sounds like you get the same answer whether you are SE E75K or average joe.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
Similar story of another passenger recently flew from Vernon to Orlando, no bag, was told by AC agent that no expenses were allowed. Made CBC news.
@Cow, thinking back your credit card insurance, if you had checked both luggages under your name, you would have been good to go by claiming through credit card delayed luggage policy. Am I correct? Possible to inquire whether your companion is eligible since you bought his/her ticket using your credit card?
If I had checked it under my name, he'd be good. He's a friend, not family or common law or anything, so my CC insurance won't cover him.

That's a lesson for next time.

What that difference tells me is that everyone is treated the same. The only reason there's a difference is because I have the ability to phone the concierge, and really pressed them to give me a number.

In my YOW baggage incident a few years ago, baggage claim authorized me $50, and the concierge bumped it to $100. But it was very much "I can only give you 50, but if you head up to diacuss with the concierge, you may be able to have a higher limit". So again, handled in a reasonable and sufficient manner. Unlike this time (prior to pressing the issue).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:53 pm

Exactly, you had the extra privilege of reaching a Concierge. Frankly, I am surprised even they can't authorize anything at all. Not to digress but for comparison sake, WJ delayed my bag into YWG a few months ago. Agent on the spot authorized me $100 for clothing and toiletries. It was 1030 pm. I quickly drove to the closest hmmm hmmm Superstore (close at 11 pm) to buy a shirt, socks, underwear, pants, shaving accessory. Yes, $100 can get you a lot at Superstore.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:54 pm

But do you have the bag now ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.