Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: I need $5 AQD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: SE100K
Well good to hear. As they should. $5? Really?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yoga
You also need to consider that the AQD requirement is the lower limit they're willing to accept. It's not some number they hope everyone achieves, it's the bottom threshold.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I hear where you are coming from, and I’m glad OP got the status, but there would be no room for upset if it wasn’t given.

There are myriad analogies to illustrate this but I’m missing hockey lately, so...

One doesn’t get to complain they weren’t awarded a goal after they hit the post.

Dolphin2 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
One doesn’t get to complain they weren’t awarded a goal after they hit the post.
Well this is FT
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jc94

Well this is FT
And I am a regular complainer.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:07 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 7s4s8s
So my request to have the missing AQD has not been responded to and the altitude site still shows me short. My request to beg for the status was not responded to.

But out of the blue today, I got an email saying I made the status I was trying to hit. $4.80 cents short on AQD. I guess the AC gods were feeling generous. Thanks everybody!
The AQD desk has definitely been busy, it took them an awfully long time to adjust one of my December flights, but they wrote me a note apologizing for the wait.

Nice for you that things worked themselves out regardless.

The criteria are crystal clear. Where's the line? $5? $20? $100? $250? $789.45? How about if you have SE mileage but only $19K AQD? That's 95% of the way there, should they give you the status?

It's totally up to AC if it wants to bend the requirements as a goodwill gesture and no one should ever expect or feel entitled to it the way you seem to.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.