Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by ffsim

Stop picking on 1F. Ferengi Rules of Acquisition clearly apply to unoccupied J seats the moment Z2 boarding commences. You’d know this if you weren’t such an FOTSG.
​​​​​​Even if Z1 and Z2 board simultaneously?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Here are some rules I just found on a list.
- Once you have their money, you never give it back.
- Anything worth selling is worth selling twice.
- Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
- Always leave yourself an out.
- The more time they take deciding, the more money they will spend.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
​​​​​​Even if Z1 and Z2 board simultaneously?
Sure. It's every good Z1er's responsibility to push through the Z2 in line in those situations
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I accidentally destroyed my Bose QCs. I guess I should off myself now. Or as one of the posters says here... slits wrists //
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by ffsim

.....Ferengi Rules of Acquisition clearly apply to unoccupied J seats the moment Z2 boarding commences......

Originally Posted by jc94
Here are some rules I just found on a list.
- Once you have their money, you never give it back.
- Anything worth selling is worth selling twice.
- Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
- Always leave yourself an out.
- The more time they take deciding, the more money they will spend.
Love this stuff.

Despite being partial to the philosophy of Q, I do enjoy the entertainment value provided by these guys. Also, it seems some airlines have incorporated a few of the above mentioned "rules" into their SOP.

IMHO

Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I accidentally destroyed my Bose QCs. I guess I should off myself now. Or as one of the posters says here... slits wrists //
I still have a big bag of AC earbuds! Should I send you some?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canopus27
I still have a big bag of AC earbuds! Should I send you some?
Lol.

Thanks but no thanks.

I still have my 300+ pieces of crap stashed away in bags.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Is there a public DB somewhere of plating codes? (
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looking for ways to reduce my #2MMuffintop

I heard there is a new dieting fad called the ketogenic diet. Anyone here been on it? Does/did it work?

I need to reduce this muffin overflow. The armchair P25Ks, E35Ks, and E50Ks here who have never met me say I clearly must be chubs chubs and have a horrible life, and that I should lose some of this muffiny muffmufftop.

I guess I could always try this:

https://www.thestar.com/life/2018/01...challenge.html

Last edited by yyznomad; Jan 22, 2018 at 10:48 am
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:51 am

How? When mine (which are not the same ones are yours I believe) died in one ear Bose replaced them as a one off despite being ~2 years old. I am of the firm opinion that $300 headphones should last at least 5 years.

A friend contacted Bose when the dog ate his. They sent him a voucher for about half off a new pair. And I believe they are still on sale at Amazon for $215. Which isn’t $189 but it beats $320 or whatever retail is.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jc94

How? When mine (which are not the same ones are yours I believe) died in one ear Bose replaced them as a one off despite being ~2 years old. I am of the firm opinion that $300 headphones should last at least 5 years.

A friend contacted Bose when the dog ate his. They sent him a voucher for about half off a new pair. And I believe they are still on sale at Amazon for $215. Which isn’t $189 but it beats $320 or whatever retail is.
I wear them to sleep all the time. Have done so for years and years (and years). I think I crushed them this time because my pillow was like concrete.

I'll see what I can do to have them repaired or get some discount.

(Your friend's dog actually ate his Bose QCs?! When the dog barks, does it make a sound?)
smallmj likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I wear them to sleep all the time. Have done so for years and years (and years). I think I crushed them this time because my pillow was like concrete.

(Your friend's dog actually ate his Bose QCs?! When the dog barks, does it make a sound?)
Which ones did you have ? My previous ones had the foam break up and the cable got mashed and I had to order replacements from Bose. A friend got Bose at Denver airport kiosk to replace his for free. I now using the QC35/45 - not sure of the model but its the super duper bluetooth one so no cords.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:50 am

It does make a sound, "woof woof". I'm not sure how much was eaten vs just destroyed, but they didn't work any more. I've seen the dog consume post as in an envelope before and then run away when one tries to get the remnants to find out if it was important. Hopefully not a CRA cheque.

Originally Posted by vernonc
Which ones did you have ? My previous ones had the foam break up and the cable got mashed and I had to order replacements from Bose. A friend got Bose at Denver airport kiosk to replace his for free. I now using the QC35/45 - not sure of the model but its the super duper bluetooth one so no cords.
I have the 25's because AC can't complain me wearing them in flight is liable to take the plane down. I would like the 20s too for easier sleeping but the cost is a little high when I have a pair that works, albeit not great for sleep. Bear in mind I am a true FOTSG at present, well almost, I have 3 segments planned for this year.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
I heard there is a new dieting fad called the ketogenic diet. Anyone here been on it? Does/did it work?
An acquaintance of mine is a cardiologist who has a lot of diabetic patients. He has been recommending that they go on this diet. To make himself comfortable with the advice, he and his wife went on it. He is a big fan of it - and not of the sugar industry.

For me it is too big a commitment. I like my carbs (read: beer) way too much.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 12:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Got an interview in Calgary

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Is there a public DB somewhere of plating codes? (
Yeah, there's a few. Google something like "014 airline code". For example: IATA code, airlines - Doprava v Praxi
quantumofforce likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.