Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:50 pm

There was a slew of good photoshoots from that 4,625 care pileup.

Happy birthday SKYEG, I remember when I was young and beautiful. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Thought I should shift our discussion here..

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
At my old job, the receptionist booked a flight to NYC for the boss, and a hotel in Montréal the same night!?!?
​​​​​​
For some here that’s a normal day.

I’ve never actually booked and turned up in the wrong city. I’ve been on the wrong side of the city once (EDI at rush hour) and the wrong hotel when there were two of the same chain. You’ve not lived until you’ve taken a taxi through Naples. 60kph corners with about an inch in each side seems to be normal.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
Thought I should shift our discussion here..

For some here that’s a normal day.

I’ve never actually booked the wrong city. I’ve been on the wrong side of the city once (EDI at rush hour) and the wrong hotel when there were two of the same chain. You’ve not lived until you’ve taken a taxi through Naples. 60kph corners with about an inch in each side seems to be normal.
At least we've messed up properties in the same time zone.

The OP in the other thread was about to mess up a few time zones!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
At least we've messed up properties in the same time zone.

The OP in the other thread was about to mess up a few time zones!
True. But at least the day was correct and he wasn’t planning on seeing the YQY opera house
eigenvector likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector
I did this, realized my error when I showed up at the property and had them move my booking to the one I had intended to book (both were Marriott).

Once I had settled into my room, I got a text from my boss (who was also staying there but travelling separately) asking to meet in the lobby. I went down, didn't see him. Turns out he made the same mistake.
This reminds me of when I was stayed in a Premier Inn near LHR. I crashed out and got up and had breakfast. The people picking me up texted me to say they were running late. Eventually they texted to say they’d arrived. I went downstairs, no sign around he entire block.

I texted back, they’d gone up to the lobby. When I got back to the empty lobby I rang them. They were at the Travelodge.

What did we do before cell phones

Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

True. But at least the day was correct and he wasn’t planning on seeing the YQY opera house
I think I recently saw an Air Canada advertisement with the YQY opera house in the background. I tell ya, those Air Canada ad people really know how to make a good ad.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice to see 88 get some final closure.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unbelievable. Give up yet another third period lead and on a SHG just for kicks and giggles.
I fully expect to lose in OT. What a farce.

Added: Completely absolutely pathetic. Yet another blown game and loss in OT. Pathetic.

Last edited by yyznomad; Jan 18, 2018 at 9:01 pm
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Unbelievable. Give up yet another third period lead and on a SHG just for kicks and giggles.
I fully expect to lose in OT. What a farce.

Added: Completely absolutely pathetic. Yet another blown game and loss in OT. Pathetic.
As an (unfortunate) Canucks fan, I for one love these Leafs losses haha.

But they'll be fine. They'll make the playoffs. Just have to figure it out by the time they get there.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:20 am

I think I recently saw an Air Canada advertisement with the YQY opera house in the background. I tell ya, those Air Canada ad people really know how to make a good ad.
I was referring to the $400 offer to fly to the one advertised by the SYD one. But I think you know that
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Air Canada Advertising $347 Roundtrip to Sydney – With a Catch
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was referring to the $400 offer to fly to the one advertised by the SYD one. But I think you know that
I know.

Yes, I know.
YYC traveler and jc94 like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
As an (unfortunate) Canucks fan, I for one love these Leafs losses haha.

But they'll be fine. They'll make the playoffs. Just have to figure it out by the time they get there.
I agree, but this is only because the Eastern Division is weaksauce after the Leafs, and thank goodness for the top three per division rule!
I'm also annoyed by pesky Boston. They surged out of nowhere.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: SE 100K
I agree, but this is only because the Eastern Division is weaksauce after the Leafs, and thank goodness for the top three per division rule!
I'm also annoyed by pesky Boston. They surged out of nowhere.
Yeah they're on a tearrrrrr. Good young players playing well for them.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sometimes wonder if Babcock would've fared better than Wilson and Carlyle if he had Phaneuf and Kessel on the team. I'm not including Horachek because he was kinda given a raw deal and quasi thrown under the bus, like a good pro.

Last edited by yyznomad; Jan 19, 2018 at 12:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.