FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Forum Lounge Thread (2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1885419-forum-lounge-thread-2018-a.html)

eigenvector Jan 12, 2018 9:12 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG (Post 29283628)
Finally got around to watching Black Mirror. What a great show! We binged watched a couple seasons. Whitebear + Playtest are soooooo good.

Also watched Babadook which was supposed to be one of the "scarier" films out there. I don't like horror movies and generally get scared easily but I just yawned right through it. May have been liquid courage :D

Watched all of season 3 on my TLV/KEF/YYZ flights yesterday. Very good and it took my mind off of the anguish of flying WOW Air. :p

Seriously though, WOW was fine. Flew on a new-plane-smell A320neo and they even have a little tray at eye level to put your mobile device on for easier watching.

Bohemian1 Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm

I remember the first WOW flight I saw. It had issues landing at FCO and was laying on one of the runways and thus delaying my flight. Not their fault I'm sure.

Never thought of going to TLV via KEF though. Maybe in Saga class on FI.

eigenvector Jan 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 29284874)
I remember the first WOW flight I saw. It had issues landing at FCO and was laying on one of the runways and thus delaying my flight. Not their fault I'm sure.

Never thought of going to TLV via KEF though. Maybe in Saga class on FI.

Wasn't my first choice for sure, but I needed a one-way ticket and no one else offered a remotely sensible price. $300 on WOW, the next cheapest option was an eye-watering $1,300 on UA.

SparseFlyer Jan 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Please explain.

If I drizzle a bit of water on my cat, full freak out.

But if it's for a casual stroll outside? Literally no ....s given about the rain.

​​​​​

jc94 Jan 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer (Post 29285057)
Please explain.

If I drizzle a bit of water on my cat, full freak out.

But if it's for a casual stroll outside? Literally no ....s given about the rain.

​​​​​

We just had hail. Waiting for the snow to return. It's literally dropped 14C since I got up today, and that's ignoring the wind.

songsc Jan 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 29285112)
We just had hail. Waiting for the snow to return. It's literally dropped 14C since I got up today, and that's ignoring the wind.

It has been snowing for about an hour now in where I am. The temperature will drop from 10 to -15 today.

Bohemian1 Jan 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by songsc (Post 29285132)
It has been snowing for about an hour now in where I am. The temperature will drop from 10 to -15 today.

Yuck. I'll tip a glass in your general direction on my flight to LHR tomorrow. Having said that, my ultimate destination is WAW.

Poland in January - I get all the sexy destinations.

songsc Jan 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 29285453)
Yuck. I'll tip a glass in your general direction on my flight to LHR tomorrow. Having said that, my ultimate destination is WAW.

Poland in January - I get all the sexy destinations.

LOL thanks. If I know which flight you are on I will tip a glass towards you as well. -15 doesn't feel that bad since we just had a week of below -20 not too long ago.

Bohemian1 Jan 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by songsc (Post 29285593)

LOL thanks. If I know which flight you are on I will tip a glass towards you as well. -15 doesn't feel that bad since we just had a week of below -20 not too long ago.

AC854 - my home away from home.

quantumofforce Jan 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by songsc (Post 29285593)

Down to below 22c in Singapore this week. I actually tuned the AC off for the night and left the windows open.

Jumper Jack Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector (Post 29283992)
Watched all of season 3 on my TLV/KEF/YYZ flights yesterday. Very good and it took my mind off of the anguish of flying WOW Air. :p

Seriously though, WOW was fine. Flew on a new-plane-smell A320neo and they even have a little tray at eye level to put your mobile device on for easier watching.

They say watching the "Shut up and dance" episode has the same effect as a five hour rouge flight in Y.

Jumper Jack Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by quantumofforce (Post 29285945)
Down to below 22c in Singapore this week. I actually tuned the AC off for the night and left the windows open.

Jealous af

songsc Jan 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack (Post 29285961)
Jealous af

No need to be jealous. Just wait till summer. Just wait till May.

vernonc Jan 12, 2018 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 29285630)
AC854 - my home away from home.

Now you sound like a Rouge announcement

Jumper Jack Jan 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Flu activity in Canada up 72% this year: Flu activity in Canada 'high' and continuing to rise, latest public health numbers say - Health - CBC News

Which is not surprising, as UBC Student Health is completely swamped, no appointments were available for booking until 21 days later

Personally this is first time I got the flu in over four years and it knocked me out for five days thus far... so please get your flu shots asap if you haven't.
Even though H3N2 may have also mutated, making the vaccine less effective against it, some protection is better than none.

Point of concern though:

Bogoch said the potential weakness in the flu vaccine's ability to protect against the H3N2 strain is an issue this year, noting he's seen early data suggesting it may be only 10 per cent effective.