FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1870491-air-canada-moving-amadeus-communication-issues-ap-ac-post-migration-result.html)

daniellam Apr 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 (Post 31050228)
Late 2019 is the target.

The following is an experiment I use as a clue to check and see if a carrier has started the migration process to Amadeus (this is based on what happened at other carriers during the migration process).

1. Book an itinerary that has segments for both AC and another carrier that is already on Amadeus (eg. LH/SQ/BR etc.). Important: Booking must originate from a system other than Amadeus (eg. Sabre, Apollo, Galileo or another carrier that doesn't use Amadeus) for this experiment to work, otherwise you will have a false positive.

2. Go to www.checkmytrip.com (you will need to create a login). Retrieve the PNR using the Amadeus (LH/SQ/BR) record locator.

3. Check to see if the AC flight segment makes reference to the AC record locator. If it dosen't (negative), then it means migration hasn't started yet. If you see the AC record locator (positive), it means migration has started.

daniellam Apr 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca (Post 31050095)
March 2019 has come and gone... any ideas when Amadeus will go live at AC? Or has AC made an annoucement that I've missed?

See my experiment above.

Also, during the first few days after migration, one or more of the following may occur:

1. You notice more Aeroplan available than usual on carriers hosted by Amadeus (eg. LH/LX/SQ etc.), especially in premium / "forbidden" cabins.

2. No Aeroplan availability is showing at all for any carrier (or most carriers) that isn't AC.

3. You notice more AC award availability than usual when redeeming using partner miles such as UA.

5. No AC award availability is showing up when redeeming via a partner such as UA.

Happy Jun 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Amadeus CheckMyTrip does NOT recognize the PNR of SQ

But the same PNR works to pull up the reservation on SQ site, as well as TP and BR, both have segments on the Aeroplan issued tickets.

Has anybody had such experiences?

YXUFlyboy Jun 17, 2019 6:19 pm

I wonder if this is why LifeMiles is broken for AC. Then again it is LifeMiles :rolleyes:

chff Aug 6, 2019 4:17 pm

FLASH USA - August 6, 2019
Letter from John MacLeod: Our upcoming migration to the Altéa Passenger Services System (PSS)
redline
Dear Travel Agency Partner,

It is with a great sense of pleasure and anticipation that I send you this letter regarding our upcoming migration to the Altéa Passenger Services System (PSS). This letter marks the beginning of our comprehensive communication plan that will provide you with all of the information you need in this important project that will help you become more efficient, help you serve your customers and make it easier for you to do business with Air Canada.

After 25 years, our current Reservation System, RESIII, will take its final bow later this year. Taking its place is Altéa, an industry-leading PSS by Amadeus which runs an airline’s reservations and airport systems. This important undertaking will benefit you, our travel agent partners, as well as our joint customers, and will make it easier for the Air Canada customer service team to provide industry leading service.

Our PSS transition will take place in three phases. The first phase is the transition to the reservation module of Altéa. In this phase over 3 million PNRs and over 7 million ETs will migrate from RESIII to Altéa in a very short period of time, culminating in a large overnight activity when the new Altéa reservations module will come online. Following this, all new bookings will be made, stored and managed in the Altéa reservations system. Phase two will follow shortly thereafter and will involve a move to Altéa Customer Management (CM), the Amadeus airport control system. We will transition our airports in groups and we expect this to take about 12 weeks in total to complete. The third phase includes “fine tuning” our GDS functionality and refining our direct booking channel products.

What does this mean for you?

Transitioning to Altéa will enable us to offer an improved and consistent customer experience across all channels, including:

A seamless customer journey: Agents at our Contact Centres and Airports, 130+ Altéa-hosted airlines (including 19 of 27 Star Alliance carriers), as well as Amadeus-equipped travel agencies, will have a single view of the customer journey in real-time.
Automated re-accommodation tools: a single transaction during IROPs will allow Air Canada to re-book passengers, reissue their tickets and transfer their bag details.
Automated schedule change processing: real-time synchronization of Air Canada schedule updates to all GDS, minimizing the chance of e-ticketing failures.
A new group management system with a new, web-based tool and automated capabilities for group quotes and managing block space.
Substantially improved response times, greater stability and access to new unique Altéa features for agents using our direct channels
Access to Altea hosted carrier seat maps
New ReShop / Exchange tools, allowing Air Canada agents and Amadeus equipped travel agencies to make changes simply and efficiently
New technology for Air Canada Contact Centres, making them more efficient and better equipped to serve you
When will this transition happen?

The target date for the Phase 1 cutover from RESIII to the reservations module of Altéa is overnight on November 4, 2019. Following a short monitoring period, we will begin Phase 2 where we will move our airport control system to Altéa CM. Airports will be migrated in groups over a period of weeks, with a pause for the holiday travel period. All airports will be transitioned by the end of January 2020.

This is a massive project for Air Canada, both in size and in complexity. Our CEO Calin Rovinescu describes this transformation as equivalent to a “heart and lung transplant” for our airline. As we approach the transition in November, your Air Canada Team are going to be “all hands on deck” to ensure a smooth transition for you and our joint customers. We expect to be able to confirm our start date by mid-October.

In the meantime, you will receive regular progress updates from Keith Wallis our Senior Director of Distribution, including specific details and information you need in order to ensure a seamless transition.

Please reach out to your Air Canada Sales manager if you have any questions or observations. We are excited to be working with you on this technology implementation that will benefit you and your customers.

Regards,

John MacLeod
Vice President, Global Sales & Alliances

Stranger Aug 6, 2019 4:20 pm

Wasn't that last April? :-)

canopus27 Aug 6, 2019 5:39 pm

The first phase is the transition to the reservation module of Altéa. In this phase over 3 million PNRs and over 7 million ETs will migrate from RESIII to Altéa in a very short period of time, culminating in a large overnight activity when the new Altéa reservations module will come online.
It sounds like a cautious, prudent plan; what could possibly go wrong?

Airports will be migrated in groups over a period of weeks, with a pause for the holiday travel period. All airports will be transitioned by the end of January 2020.
... and they are doing it during a low volume, low pressure time too. Project planning at it's finest.

The third phase includes “fine tuning” our GDS functionality and refining our direct booking channel products.
No problems are expected during this transition.

CEO Calin Rovinescu describes this transformation as equivalent to a “heart and lung transplant” for our airline.
In lieu of flowers, please send your best wishes to John MacLeod

canadiancow Aug 6, 2019 5:43 pm

So I should book flights for the morning of Nov 5 if I want compensation?

Or should I wait for the first airport.

daniellam Aug 6, 2019 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31387376)
So I should book flights for the morning of Nov 5 if I want compensation?

Or should I wait for the first airport.

Note: Check for SQ/LX F Aeroplan availablility on Nov 5!!

Bohemian1 Aug 7, 2019 11:02 am

Originally Posted by daniellam (Post 31387434)
Note: Check for SQ/LX F Aeroplan availablility on Nov 5!!

Along those lines, one wonders if there might be some transient 'opportunities' to book rev or non-rev itens that wouldn't normally be on offer. I guess time will tell.

24left Oct 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Bumping this thread as a reminder

Air Canada is moving to Amadeus on November 4 2019

jasdou Oct 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31614838)

Any guesses on what the impacts, if any, will be on the day of the switch, or on the following few days?

I am actually quite happy that I am travelling on the week before and the week after the switch, but not during the switch!

Jebby_ca Oct 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Has this been publicly announced?

lewis_m Oct 10, 2019 7:25 pm

I have a notice on Concur saying that their Air Canada Direct Connect is getting shut down on October 31 due to the upcoming changes in November.

Ace Cdn Oct 10, 2019 7:32 pm

Apparently this date has been pushed back. I don't remember the exact date...the 18th????