FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1870491-air-canada-moving-amadeus-communication-issues-ap-ac-post-migration-result.html)

canadiancow Nov 10, 2019 9:54 am

Originally Posted by j2simpso (Post 31721699)
I've still got a Canadian Airlines Empress lounge pass on this being an absolute nothing burger :p

This is what I get when I try selecting seats on a UA segment in an Aeroplan itinerary:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...68a8c6a462.png

Meanwhile UA will happily let me select seats on an AC flight on a UA itinerary.

Again it will be interesting to see how Amadeus improves the existing reservation experience for us frequent travellers. If it means more services available and fewer calls to the reservation desk that would be great. I for one, would like to see the ability to search for a specific fare code (i.e. just show me G fares) since that is more helpful for milage accrual than Flex which may ticket into an A fare and only earn 25% RDM on UA.

Seems to work for everyone else.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cfd9eebb47.png

FlyerTalker70 Nov 10, 2019 9:59 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31721860)

Just to clarify the point I'm making is being able to select the seat directly from the érrorPlan/AC website. Sure I can plug the PNR into the UA website and select seats that way but other airlines (namely UA) allow you to select AC seats on your UA itinerary directly from their website.

canadiancow Nov 10, 2019 10:05 am

I've never been able to book seats on AC or NH when I booked a ticket on United.com

FlyerTalker70 Nov 10, 2019 10:15 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31721892)
I've never been able to book seats on AC or NH when I booked a ticket on United.com

How recently have you made such a booking? I did so last weekend (award booking with AC for LHR > YYZ) and could do it no problem from the UA website. Here's to hoping AC catches up with UA in this respect.

Here's the pudding if you need proof:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...65114eeed1.png

Welcome to Star Alliance AC!

lewis_m Nov 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Some info from Concur about downtime on the 18/19:
However, Air Canada has notified customers that they will be making changes to their Passenger Service System (PSS). As a result, booking or changing Air Canada reservations will be unavailable through all channels, including Concur Travel for both the GDS and Travelfusion, for a period of approximately 12 hours beginning on November 18, 2019 sometime between 1800ET and 2000ET.

asovse1 Nov 12, 2019 8:51 pm

Couldn't find it in the thread but...anyone know the significance of performing the move on a Monday night?

YYT82 Nov 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by asovse1 (Post 31730995)
Couldn't find it in the thread but...anyone know the significance of performing the move on a Monday night?

Just my speculation:

Business TATL flyers fly to Europe mostly on Sunday night. North American business travelers in either triangles (YYZ/YOW/YUL and YVR/YEG/YYC) fly on Monday morning or Sunday night. In the morning you also have TPAC flights departing and ticketing issues better not get in the way. By 6 pm, most of the TPAC flights are in the air (saving for Aussie ones), while any necessary ticketing issues with TATL flights should already be taken care of (ticketing needs to be done minimum two hours prior to scheduled departure). Airport operations are unaffected during the switch. It is meant to target a window where the least amount of damage to the reservation system occurs.

daniellam Nov 13, 2019 9:42 pm

I think I found what would be Air Canada's new online check-in (OLCI) interface (after the airports get migrated to Amadeus Altea DCS).

https://checkin.si.amadeus.net/stati...identification (I would assume that the current OLCI interface would send passengers either to this new interface or to the existing one depending on whether an airport has been migrated yet).

The "station" drop down will give you an idea as to which airports will be migrated first.

canadiancow Nov 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam (Post 31734862)
I think I found what would be Air Canada's new online check-in (OLCI) interface (after the airports get migrated to Amadeus Altea DCS).

https://checkin.si.amadeus.net/stati...identification (I would assume that the current OLCI interface would send passengers either to this new interface or to the existing one depending on whether an airport has been migrated yet).

The "station" drop down will give you an idea as to which airports will be migrated first.

That's over 100 of the ~230 destinations they serve, so I only agree with your final statement if the alternative to "first" is "second" :p

Otherwise, cool find.

YYZFlyboy Nov 13, 2019 9:55 pm

As of April 1st see that AC33/34 are back to same plane direct YYZ-YVR-SYD/SYD-YVR-YYZ again.

They must figure by that time all the kinks will be ironed out. (If that was the reason for the temporary discontinuation in the first place)

Anyone know?

t_rex Nov 14, 2019 12:34 pm

Has the updates regarding the impact of this change over on eupgrades been discussed at all here?

See info at following sites:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...eupgrades.html

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...em-update.html

Looks like disruptions, bonus credits, and no upgrades processed at the airport for some period of time....

canadiancow Nov 14, 2019 12:40 pm

You will not be able to request upgrades at the airport, and unfortunately we cannot guarantee that upgrades which were not cleared prior to check-in will be processed at the gate, even if a seat is available. In light of this, rest assured that we will work diligently to confirm more upgrades ahead of check-in. Additionally, by the end of the month, we’ll be providing Air Canada Altitude members with additional eUpgrade Credits which can be used through February 2021.

This is absolutely unacceptable. My YVR-HKG is going to clear at T-7, but HKG-YVR is not looking promising. Unless they're going to be doing something special like manually clearing things early a LOT more than currently.

But for the chance of a gate upgrade, I would not have booked the trip.

Edit:

During the migration period from Nov 18-19, you will not be able to request eUpgrades at the airport.

Over the next few months while we update our airport systems, you will not be able to request upgrades at the airport, and upgrades which were not cleared prior to check-in will not be processed at the gate, even if a Business, Premium Economy or Premium Rouge seat is available. In light of this, rest assured that we will work diligently to confirm more upgrades ahead of check-in.
At least they're trying...

24left Nov 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31737175)

This is absolutely unacceptable. My YVR-HKG is going to clear at T-7, but HKG-YVR is not looking promising. Unless they're going to be doing something special like manually clearing things early a LOT more than currently.

But for the chance of a gate upgrade, I would not have booked the trip.

Agreed. I have a shorter trip, but long enough to be worth the comfort of an upgrade, in the days just following the lockdown. I am not amused and would also not have booked the trip.

I don't want more eUpgrade credits. I have more than I or my nominee can use.

canadiancow Nov 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31737202)
Agreed. I have a shorter trip, but long enough to be worth the comfort of an upgrade, in the days just following the lockdown. I am not amused and would also not have booked the trip.

Yeah I'd be furious if this were SFO-YYZ. But this is SLIGHTLY longer than that. By a factor of ~3.

Luckily while my outbound is 5? days after, it will clear at the window. But the return... ugh.

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 31737202)
I don't want more eUpgrade credits. I have more than I or my nominee can use.

Sounds like you need to find a better nominee ;)

FlyerTalker70 Nov 14, 2019 12:58 pm

For those with érrrorPlan reward bookings, they have just posted details on how this change will impact bookings and some new (positive) changes to the programme:

Air Canada is in the process of migrating to a new reservation system, a project we're undertaking to improve your travel experience. Here's what this means for you as an Aeroplan member:

Aeroplan will be temporarily unavailable, both online and on the phone
Aeroplan.com and the Aeroplan App will be unavailable from November 18th at 8pm EST until midday November 19th. In addition, during this period while the migration to the new system takes place, the Aeroplan Contact Centre will not be able to assist you with any new or existing Flight Reward bookings. We encourage you to plan ahead and book any Aeroplan Rewards outside of this period.

We encourage you to self-serve at aeroplan.com
We understand your time is valuable and we anticipate an increase in Contact Centre wait times in the days that follow this transition period. Those looking to make or change a Flight Reward booking on or after November 19th are encouraged to do so at aeroplan.com to save time and money. To change an existing reservation on aeroplan.com, simply cancel your booking to receive an immediate refund of your Aeroplan Miles, then book your new flight without incurring a booking fee.

We will temporarily reduce the aeroplan.com Refund Fee
To assist with this transition, from November 15th, 2019 to January 31st, 2020, the fee for refunding a booking online will be reduced to $75 – a savings of $75 versus requesting a refund via the Contact Centre.
Also of relevance is this ditty:

All flights are scheduled to operate normally while we undergo these changes, and you will still accumulate Aeroplan Miles on eligible flights. For more details about Air Canada's reservation system change, click here.
-James