Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Domestic predeparture beverage downgraded as of August 7, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic predeparture beverage downgraded as of August 7, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin

Now I have to ask for 2 or 3 bottles of water throughout the flight. As a steward of the environment, this change negatively impacts the environment for me and that does not particularly make me happy on this front.
Could also reuse your plastic bottle like you do your cup....
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
This has been done before by crews in the past but I find I think more common now... where they come around during PDB service and ask what you like to drink after takeoff... does that count as PDB?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This has been done before by crews in the past but I find I think more common now... where they come around during PDB service and ask what you like to drink after takeoff... does that count as PDB?
Not in the slightest. Not even close.

It really is a joke that UA can, and does, execute this with a full cabin, a good portion of whom are complementary upgrades on many flights. But the "Best Airline in NA" won't on a $3,000 J fare from YYZ to YVR.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
PPDB
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Could also reuse your plastic bottle like you do your cup....
You ever asked a FA to refill a bottle? To be honest I wouldn't want to do it either, in the back sure but in the aisle far too easy to spill it everywhere and of course it takes longer.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by jc94
You ever asked a FA to refill a bottle? To be honest I wouldn't want to do it either, in the back sure but in the aisle far too easy to spill it everywhere and of course it takes longer.
I actually never ask. Theyve always offered to do so.

They then refill the water bottle and bring it back.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Don't worry, now that Air Canada FAs working in J no longer have to spend valuable time pouring out OJ and making drinks, they will now spend it on welcoming customers and improving the on-board service!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by keitherson
Don't worry, now that Air Canada FAs working in J no longer have to spend valuable time pouring out OJ and making drinks, they will now spend it on welcoming customers and improving the on-board service!
Pouring OJ is a safety hazard. When it gets into your eyes, it kinda stings.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by trek604
dasani - which is pretty much bottled tap water (at least here in BC)...
It is possible to make Naya Water sound good.....
Named after the Greek goddesses of thermal waters and the immortal guardians of rivers, fountains and springs. The water is natural spring water bottled directly at this source in the Laurentian mountains.

The Naya spring is located in Mirabel, at the foot of the Laurentian mountains, which contain aquifers that have formed over millions of years. Naya water is drawn from an aquifer located at a depth of over 30 metres deep. Naya spring water is a natural and renewable resource.

For the young flyer in economy the specially branded Aquakids product featuring a spongebob package is offered.
Source - Wikipedia. I am not a marketing expert, buy associating mineral water with a kitchen sponge character may not be the best move.

Making it sound good is easy. Making it taste good is a different story.

Dasani is basically tap water the world over. It is filtered at a Coca-cola plant with some minerals added in instead of running through the normal process of adding sugar, food colouring and carbonation.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Pouring OJ is a safety hazard. When it gets into your eyes, it kinda stings.
But wouldn't it be more of an issue in the air, when there's a chance of turbulence?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
But wouldn't it be more of an issue in the air, when there's a chance of turbulence?
You never know when OJ gets into your eyes.

One time at band camp it happened. Out. Of. Nowhere. Boom.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On another transcon... got PDB 330 mL Naya. universal order is restored.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:18 am

YQR-YYZ on the 7th had water in bottles and the FA came around with cups of orange juice.

Surprisingly, we were given VGML meals. Is this new? I thought AC had stopped catering special meals domestically a couple of years ago. I've been in J quite a few times in the last year and there were no specials. Some of the flights, like this one, were paid J, but most were latitude fares with a eupgrade applied.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arf04
YQR-YYZ on the 7th had water in bottles and the FA came around with cups of orange juice.
Love the consistent inconsistency.

Originally Posted by arf04
Surprisingly, we were given VGML meals. Is this new? I thought AC had stopped catering special meals domestically a couple of years ago. I've been in J quite a few times in the last year and there were no specials. Some of the flights, like this one, were paid J, but most were latitude fares with a eupgrade applied.
SPML still offered on domestic... not sure what you're talking about.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:15 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
330 mL bottle of Naya on 8102 this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.