Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Domestic predeparture beverage downgraded as of August 7, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic predeparture beverage downgraded as of August 7, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Basic stats would suggest you should expect a 180ml Naya bottle tomorrow.
Soon enough, you'll be handed an empty bottle and be encouraged to fill it with the liquid of your choosing.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Who would've thought I could beat $0.10 a bottle.
Every person who uses the kitchen tap to satisfy their domestic water consumption requirements.

For many reasons, I think the price of bottled water should be increased by an order of magnitude.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
They have pills for that now, among other pills for older men.
Yes, fish oil is a definite must for multiple reasons. Joint health and cardiovascular health being two of the biggest!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Not if my blood sugar's low.
You expect AC to provide medical treatment for your ills? Are you not on Obama Care?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to my calculations, there's between a 1/8 and 1/4 chance he passed stats.
12.5% to 25% chance in passing stats is still better than most folks who are not SE getting an upgrade.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Data point...
Rapidair YYZ YUL in J today.
No PDB.*

* flight was delayed so Priority was to GTFO ASAP, so most likely tainted data point.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
YYC-YVR in J this morning, 330 ml bottle of Naya. FA dropped a few off the tray resulting in some nice thuds, a little bouncing and then some impressive rolling distance.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by djkyyc
YYC-YVR in J this morning, 330 ml bottle of Naya. FA dropped a few off the tray resulting in some nice thuds, a little bouncing and then some impressive rolling distance.
@:-) safety first! @:-)

Oh my good golly gee whizzers! This could cause a tripping hazard! It could result in fisticuffs! These water bottles should be banned! Banned I say! Banned! If one falls and fractures my foot, what shall I do? Gee golly whiz.

Having said that, sounds like my delayed flight without PDB was a one off. I guess I'll expect a water bottle for my next Rapidair.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Would have loved some video of that. Maybe the tray is not the best option for carrying bottles.

I might bring along my Winnie the Pooh sippy cup. I can fill it with the bottled water and it will provide some IFE.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Marlin240
Soon enough, you'll be handed an empty bottle and be encouraged to fill it with the liquid of your choosing.
I've been doing that in the MLL for years.

My PDB departing Canadian airports is almost always Coke Zero.

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
You expect AC to provide medical treatment for your ills? Are you not on Obama Care?
I was responding to the blanket statement that eliminating OJ was better for everyone's health.

It is not.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
Yup, I got the same on AC134 this morning. I have a Sky Regional flight down south later today, it'll be interesting to see if they've adopted the same change.
SkyRegional has adopted the change. Refer to my
earlier post.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Hmmm....if a bottle rolls into the Y cabin and into the shaking hands of a parched, plebian passenger, will it become that individual's possession, will be be seized by the SD after threats of being kicked off the plane or settled by a jolly game of rock-paper-scissors, best out of five?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Multi quote isn't working but my response should make sense.

Europe Domestic J may not offer PDB, for hard product reasons I prefer Y with a preferred seat equivalent. Unless you count Russia in which case S7 does offer one. Regardless, I don't think AC should be trying to emulate EU J products. Not if it wants to maintain its top tier rating.

PDBs used to come in plastic cups no? Presumably the plastic in a bottle is slightly more, as to if this increases or decreases the chance of recycling I generally recycle (on the rare occasion I use one) bottles in Canada and not the US due to the imposssobikity of finding a recycling location at least relative to their availability at home.

I used and continue to take an empty bottle thru security and fill it up in the lounge (half the time I have to buy one to have one to take thru but find it substantially cheaper outside of the airport). I guess I'll just have to keep doing it. A 330ml bottle has limited reuse potential. And yes I know about all the apparent dangers of reusing bottles but I won't get into that here.

Heres a random thought, doesn't WS offer PDB in their PY style Plus cabin? I've not flown it for a while (pre blocked middle seats) and can't recall but I do wonder ...

On the one side this really is a FWP and very minor. On the other it seems to be yet another cost saving enhancement.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: *$ Green
According to my calculations, there's between a 1/8 and 1/4 chance he passed stats.
Damn... not the best odds, but I'll take em.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.