FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Domestic predeparture beverage downgraded as of August 7, 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1859491-domestic-predeparture-beverage-downgraded-august-7-2017-a.html)

DrunkCargo Aug 7, 2017 7:02 pm

Domestic predeparture beverage downgraded as of August 7, 2017

Apparently domestic J only receives bottled water handed out at boarding. I asked about a choice and orange juice was no longer an option. Upon further query this is a change as of August 7, 2017.

I am reporting what I was told on yyz to yvr today.

YOWCDNFF Aug 7, 2017 7:14 pm

Similar experience on YVR YYZ this morning (widebody). I thought that it might have been a catering issue so did not bother to ask.

Interesting change. Handing out individual water bottle may not actually be cheaper than water/juice in a plastic cup. Operational reasons maybe (ie: faster?)

SparseFlyer Aug 7, 2017 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF (Post 28660621)
Similar experience on YVR YYZ this morning (widebody). I thought that it might have been a catering issue so did not bother to ask.

Interesting change. Handing out individual water bottle may not actually be cheaper than water/juice in a plastic cup. Operational reasons maybe (ie: faster?)

Considering the fact I can buy Naya at $0.10/bottle, dont think AC is paying much more lol

Clipper801 Aug 7, 2017 7:38 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer (Post 28660636)
Considering the fact I can buy Naya at $0.10/bottle, dont think AC is paying much more lol

On sale at Ontario Loblaws this week:

#

24left Aug 7, 2017 7:45 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Clipper801 (Post 28660705)
On sale at Ontario Loblaws this week:

#

It's Naya on AC. Maybe they got in on this deal. :D

BlueMilk Aug 7, 2017 7:49 pm

Ugh:(

Is it just me that finds Naya distasteful?

songsc Aug 7, 2017 7:50 pm

Is there any other bottled water cheaper than Naya?

trek604 Aug 7, 2017 8:10 pm

dasani - which is pretty much bottled tap water (at least here in BC)...

Transpacificflyer Aug 7, 2017 8:35 pm

Good.

The commercial "orange juice" is not a healthy option. The juice is not fresh, has too many additives, and has far too much sugar. This is the consensus of credible nutritionists, dietitians and medical professionals tasked with treating nutrition related health issues. If you really need juice from an orange, eat an orange.

The change to water makes perfect sense: It accomplishes hydration, will not cause a mess when spilled, is not temperature sensitive, satisfies medical, and religious requirements and does no harm.

Good decision.

SparseFlyer Aug 7, 2017 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 28660727)
It's Naya on AC. Maybe they got in on this deal. :D

I actually have stuff to buy at Rona. Who would've thought I could beat $0.10 a bottle.

Thanks 24!

canadiancow Aug 7, 2017 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer (Post 28660874)
Good.

The commercial "orange juice" is not a healthy option. The juice is not fresh, has too many additives, and has far too much sugar. This is the consensus of credible nutritionists, dietitians and medical professionals tasked with treating nutrition related health issues. If you really need juice from an orange, eat an orange.

The change to water makes perfect sense: It accomplishes hydration, will not cause a mess when spilled, is not temperature sensitive, satisfies medical, and religious requirements and does no harm.

Good decision.

Not if my blood sugar's low.

SparseFlyer Aug 7, 2017 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28660880)
Not if my blood sugar's low.

How dare you have low blood sugar.

Adam Smith Aug 7, 2017 8:40 pm

11 posts in and no one has called this an "enhancement" yet? Guess I get to be the first. ;)

Way to go, though, AC. The PDB was already weak compared to what the US3 offer and just got worse :rolleyes:

canadiancow Aug 7, 2017 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 28660891)
11 posts in and no one has called this an "enhancement" yet? Guess I get to be the first. ;)

Way to go, though, AC. The PDB was already weak compared to what the US3 offer and just got worse :rolleyes:

That was my thought too. If been debating writing an email to suggest they at least allow all the non-alcoholic beverages on the ground. But now it seems like even getting OJ is going to be a fight.

Clipper801 Aug 7, 2017 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer (Post 28660878)
I actually have stuff to buy at Rona. Who would've thought I could beat $0.10 a bottle.

Thanks 24!

Maybe Naya has paid AC for the privilege of serving their bottled water in the business class cabin?

I thought historically AC used Coca Cola products.