Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC starving AE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by Clipper801
YQB-YYZ Economy (X) redemption. 1st week of October 2018. At nearly one year out, no availability between Sept. 28 to Oct. 5, and Oct. 8 to 10. There are about 10 direct flights plus probably 10 more via YUL each day. Aeroplan still wants us to collect its points? They are dreaming in technicolour. I look forward to attending the funeral.
Not sure if it's really an AC vs. AE issue. Those dates are traditionally solidly booked with cruise ship pax rotations in the Port of Quebec.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Clipper801
YQB-YYZ Economy (X) redemption. 1st week of October 2018. At nearly one year out, no availability between Sept. 28 to Oct. 5, and Oct. 8 to 10. There are about 10 direct flights plus probably 10 more via YUL each day. Aeroplan still wants us to collect its points? They are dreaming in technicolour. I look forward to attending the funeral.
I've recently looked for YQB-YYZ and YQB-YUL award flights for May 2018 and could barely find a couple of flights, none of which had a suitable schedule. I gave up and decided that I will drive to YUL instead.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Whenever I book a reward flight out of YQB, the YQB-YYZ or YUL leg (operated by AC Express) is almost (90%) always a Priority Reward (IKK), which makes me go through my allotted 10 much faster. The rest of the trip on mainline is usually not a Priority Reward. Certainly an unfair advantage when leaving from YQB, and most likely other regional airports.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Was booking my Christmas trip to Edmonton and noticed that while there ware still many dates a few days before Christmas (to YEG) and virtually every day between Christmas and New Years (to YYZ) at the lowest revenue Tango fare ($250-$270) but not a single AE award at the classic rate in economy or business, just at inflated Market rates (or the elite rate). Curious that the lowest rate Tango fare doesn't translate into an AE award "fare".

Obviously have booked revenue tickets given the difference between the AE fees of about $80 on each flight meant the actual additional dollar outlay was $170/$190 vs 25K+ which would have cost $750 to purchase.

BTW booked my flights on the UA.com site where I found one of the fares to be $272 vs $450 on AC.com for the same flight (and not as a UA codeshare)! And it booked into K class, which appears on the AC upgrade table as a low Flex class, not Tango.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: *$ Green
What if this whole time AC was actually over allocating to Aeroplan?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
What if this whole time AC was actually over allocating to Aeroplan?
Overallocating to ae? Don't think so.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
What's "AE"?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:01 am
alc

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What's "AE"?
I believed AE is referring as Aeroplan here.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by alc
I believed AE is referring as Aeroplan here.
You mean it's not "AP"?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
What's "AE"?
American Express
flybit likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:23 am
alc

You mean it's not "AP"?
Originally Posted by canadiancow
American Express
I am also the one that call AMEX as AE. But at the same time, I do know a lot of FTer use "AE" as Aeroplan. While I do use "AP" myself.

If you look at this Thread title, AE is referring to Aeroplan.

yscleo is responding with "AE" to SparseFlyer post, which state "Aeroplan" in it. Hence, that is why I state "I believed AE is referring as Aeroplan here." -- "here" as is in this thread.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
What's "AE"?
When this forum began back in the 1990s, AE was the short form of Aeroplan. AP came along more recently. Amex is what's used for American Express, at least over on that forum.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
BTW booked my flights on the UA.com site where I found one of the fares to be $272 vs $450 on AC.com for the same flight (and not as a UA codeshare)! And it booked into K class, which appears on the AC upgrade table as a low Flex class, not Tango.
K was historically Tango but now can be either Tango or Flex. See the branded fares thread for details. At that price, I'm guessing it was Tango.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Oct 31, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
See the breaded fares .....
I love breaded fares. Kind of like schnitzel.

(Adam, unlike you, I make a fair number auto-correct mistakes, but this gem was calling me to reply)
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:42 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
I love breaded fares. Kind of like schnitzel.

(Adam, unlike you, I make a fair number auto-correct mistakes, but this gem was calling me to reply)
Oops...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.