Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Cannot search segments which don't include Canada or the U.S.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

I'm running into issue while searching for availability for some routes. It's redirecting me to call Aeroplan to book. Has this happen to you guys before? I was waiting for LX to be available again, but have since given up. I am double checking availability for alternative route to ZRH...now I can't even do that online!
Old May 26, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Yes. While some point to shoddy IT, others point to scam-charges a large number of flights on partner airlines are not 'available'.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:23 pm

I’m well versed in functions and flaws of Aeroplan’s online search tool. However, I’m running into an entirely new problem I’ve never seen before at a critical time.
I’m piecing together a last minute mini-rtw, which I’m hopefully going to depart on the 30th or 31st of this month.

Earlier in the day, I could search by segments as always, but tonight I’m getting the “, Please call Aeroplan Internet Redemption to book this reward at 1-888-270-7025. To get to an agent, simply follow the instructions” message when I search any segment that is not originating or terminating in the U.S. or Canada.

Has anyone experienced this before? I do random searches almost every day for fun, and this is a first for me.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:27 pm

I just saw newbie2008's post, and I think that my concern is most likely related to that.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:28 pm

I've been running into the exact same problem today as well.
I think AP's website is having issues again...let's see how long it'll take them to fix it this time.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:30 pm

So something is now going on when you try to do a search from ZRH.

Each time I tried searching several routes from ZRH this is the message I keep getting...
Attached Images  
Old May 26, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by imverge
So something is now going on when you try to do a search from ZRH.

Each time I tried searching several routes from ZRH this is the message I keep getting...
Same for BOG
Old May 26, 2017, 6:46 pm

I can't believe this. End of Int'l segment search. Please correct me!

As of today, this is the end of Aeroplan for me.

According to an agent, you cannot search for flights online that do not involve North America anymore. I posted about this earlier and decided to call in about it and get clarification.

The agent told me that you could only find availability for multi-stop international flights through a phone agent now.

I said "are you f'n serious?" and she got short with me.... I told her sorry and that it wasn't directed at her, but I just want to get absolute clarification for the online community. She repeated herself, and I said I couldn't believe it.

I asked what her name was and she hung up on me.

I do realize you can search availability on different partners/websites, but this puts the nail in the coffin for my confidence in the company.... nightly website outages, cannot reach agents on the telephone during those outages sometimes, and now this.

Last edited by LoveGlobeTrottin; May 26, 2017 at 6:56 pm
Old May 26, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by LoveGlobeTrottin
As of today, this is the end of Aeroplan for me.

According to an agent, you cannot search for flights online that do not involve North America anymore. I posted about this earlier and decided to call in about it and get clarification.

The agent told me that you could only find availability for multi-stop international flights through a phone agent now.

I said "are you f'n serious?" and she got short with me.... I told her sorry and that it wasn't directed at her, but I just want to get absolute clarification for the online community. She repeated herself, and I said I couldn't believe it.
I would get short with you also if you phoned my company and said "are you f'n serious" to me. Why should I put up with vulgar language?
Old May 26, 2017, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that explains this (stolen from the Aeroplan intentionally blocking LX thread)
What a joke.

Old May 26, 2017, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by LoveGlobeTrottin

I asked what her name was and she hung up on me.
Good for her.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg
I would get short with you also if you phoned my company and said "are you f'n serious" to me. Why should I put up with vulgar language?
Because I was on hold for one hour, and this is a HUGE development. I wasn't swearing at her either! I made that clear to her in our conversation. I did not post/quote the entire convo.

But thanks for calling me out Mr. apologist.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:06 pm

Are we agreed this is still a problem? Based on my searching, it's still a problem.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genouver
Are we agreed this is still a problem? Based on my searching, it's still a problem.
There seems to be a bigger problem now, theyve turned off all searches not involving North American apparently.
Old May 26, 2017, 7:38 pm

What a nightmare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.