Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I've already been in the lounge, I just left to go to the Duty Free...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass

About a month ago I visited the Air Canada Lounge LHR and whilst we were waiting to get our Boarding Passes checked a gentleman walked straight past the desk and said "I've already been in the lounge, I just nipped out to the duty free". The lounge was busy and I was a bit annoyed that he wasn't stopped or questioned, He had no luggage labels on his bag to detail that he was a frequent flyer or any status?

Have you witnessed or seen anyone sneak into the lounge or not bother about registering with the Lounge Attendants?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Most frequent flyers, and especially premium flyers do not wear tags of any kind on their carryons. Its tacky.

I ve done this numerous times. Usually the agent will remember you.

However, in this case - it would not be surprising that the AC employee simply did not give a damn. Rotten workplace culture from the top down.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Most frequent flyers, and especially premium flyers do not wear tags of any kind on their carryons. Its tacky.

I ve done this numerous times. Usually the agent will remember you.

However, in this case - it would not be surprising that the AC employee simply did not give a damn. Rotten workplace culture from the top down.
Thanks for your answer and now I know why so little people wear the tags haha :-)

I take it the same would apply if you were guested in by someone, What happens then if you leave? Does that person have to come back out and guest you in again?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
So is that another trick to get free lounge access ? I shall call it the Poker Face Lounge Trick
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by tomparskate
Thanks for your answer and now I know why so little people wear the tags haha :-)

I take it the same would apply if you were guested in by someone, What happens then if you leave? Does that person have to come back out and guest you in again?
Dont they scan boarding passes, and no whether youve already been in or not, and whether you bring in guests or not? I know respectable airlines do, like LH, to prevent you from bringing in a guest, leaving, and bringing in another guest after.

I guest in strangers all the time. From the security line, from seat next to me on the plane. I dont care when they leave.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by tomparskate
About a month ago I visited the Air Canada Lounge LHR and whilst we were waiting to get our Boarding Passes checked a gentleman walked straight past the desk and said "I've already been in the lounge, I just nipped out to the duty free". The lounge was busy and I was a bit annoyed that he wasn't stopped or questioned, He had no luggage labels on his bag to detail that he was a frequent flyer or any status?

Have you witnessed or seen anyone sneak into the lounge or not bother about registering with the Lounge Attendants?
I do this all the time, if I leave the lounge for some reason. I just wave or make eye contact if the same person is working the desk.
I also, tell them when I leave that I'm going back.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I do this all the time, if I leave the lounge for some reason. I just wave or make eye contact if the same person is working the desk.
Same here. I usually try to make eye contact on my way out. I like to think that most people are trust worthy!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I always let the attendants know I am going to come back if I left the lounge for a while for some reason, most of the time they will just smile or nod at me when I was back, without scanning my boarding pass.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
I do this a lot, get a "full meal" or duty free, if the desk agent recognizes me then I'm good to re-enter, if it's a new person I just re-check-in and they usually say Oh "your re-entering, thank you".
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ther-tags.html
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
LHR people are no longer AC employees. They got shifted out to a 3rd party last year with the exception of the concierges, which actually made the culture even worse I guess!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
LHR people are no longer AC employees. They got shifted out to a 3rd party last year with the exception of the concierges, which actually made the culture even worse I guess!
I can't remember. Is LHR departure lounge a MLL or a *A like the arrival lounge.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I can't remember. Is LHR departure lounge a MLL or a *A like the arrival lounge.
The MLL is operated by AC.

(I believe the arrivals lounge is operated by UA.)
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Sign and entrance for AC MLL @ LHR

Attached Images   
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
Sign and entrance for AC MLL @ LHR

Thanks, I must have been thinking of the old lounge. In LHR, I usually never go to the lounge. I like to shop at PINK and have a London Pride or 2 in the pub because my flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.