Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I've already been in the lounge, I just left to go to the Duty Free...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I've already been in the lounge, I just left to go to the Duty Free...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:47 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Most frequent flyers, and especially premium flyers do not wear tags of any kind on their carryons. Its tacky.
Interesting judgement about tackiness, but I couldn't care less "being tacky". FF and flying only premium, I think the tags are useful, especially when the number of hand luggage that can be taken onboard are dependent on status / travel class and you have the "hand luggage police" at the entrance to security like in ZRH . Never got stopped by them, they even smile friendly at me.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
they should just stamp your hand with a smiley face to get the in/out privileges.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by karachi
they should just stamp your hand with a smiley face to get the in/out privileges.
Or a hello kitty stamp!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I find the luggage tags are great for my Rimowa. I realised that after my first trip, when somebody had walked away with my bag, confusing it with their almost identical bag. Just an easy distinguishable feature.
Tags on checked luggage, sure.

Tags on carryon, yes, mostly for little people who think airline status is a badge of honour, as they serve no purpose.

The only things that serve a purpose are the carryon handles so that your bag comes off first when gate checked on a regional jet.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Originally Posted by behuman
Interesting judgement about tackiness, but I couldn't care less "being tacky". FF and flying only premium, I think the tags are useful, especially when the number of hand luggage that can be taken onboard are dependent on status / travel class and you have the "hand luggage police" at the entrance to security like in ZRH . Never got stopped by them, they even smile friendly at me.
I agree 100% - you really have to wonder how such a small tag would be considered tacky that's just so....... Fashion Police I suppose.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
So what you're saying is that then it's easier for them to accuse you of using your dad's tags.
Haha ugh.

My tags have helped me quickly bypass agents guarding entrances to various lines, and have even helped me get a couple golf cart rides.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The tags definitely serve a purpose.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Haha ugh.

My tags have helped me quickly bypass agents guarding entrances to various lines, and have even helped me get a couple golf cart rides.
Oh. I thought I was revelling in your sarcasm.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:29 pm
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Most frequent flyers, and especially premium flyers do not wear tags of any kind on their carryons. Its tacky.

I ve done this numerous times. Usually the agent will remember you.

However, in this case - it would not be surprising that the AC employee simply did not give a damn. Rotten workplace culture from the top down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.