Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada & rouge New Routes - Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada & rouge New Routes - Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
I am sure rouge has a LIS-YYG flight in Nov
The only cities rouge serves from YYG is YYZ and YUL.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
my mistake. sorry
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:48 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by tcook052
Air Canada To Begin Year-Round Flights From Montreal to Bogotá, Colombia
I like the timing of this. I pretty much never fly AC to BOG anymore because BOG-YYZ is a redeye on the rouge 763. With the YUL flight being the opposite, it will be possible to fly daytime both ways.

Originally Posted by Srklaw7
I am sure rouge has a LIS-YYG flight in Nov
Did you mean YYZ (Toronto) rather than YYG (Charlottetown).
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: SE100k, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador
I recently flew YYZ-YQR that was on A319 or 320, Rouge metal with a Rouge crew, but reconfigured so that the entire cabin was Y. Haven't seen that before, but figured it had to be to address fleet shortages since the grounding of the MAX8.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by acse17
I recently flew YYZ-YQR that was on A319 or 320, Rouge metal with a Rouge crew, but reconfigured so that the entire cabin was Y. Haven't seen that before, but figured it had to be to address fleet shortages since the grounding of the MAX8.
You sure it wasn't an A321? The 320 and 319 rouge aircraft all have rouge J. There are several 321s that were purchased from WOW that are all economy; will likely get converted when MAX is back in air.
Stranger likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
You sure it wasn't an A321? The 320 and 319 rouge aircraft all have rouge J. There are several 321s that were purchased from WOW that are all economy; will likely get converted when MAX is back in air.
This is the most likely explanation. Wasn't aware of the 321s purchased from WOW. Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:47 pm

I've heard AC may be getting closer to announcing YVR-SIN.
That's from the same source that tipped me off a few months early to the AKL announcement.

Last edited by tcook052; Oct 8, 2019 at 2:48 am
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by tracon
I've heard AC may be getting closer to announcing YVR-SIN..
One of the gents negotiating the SIN route on behalf of the airport authority was working feverishly to complete it prior to his departure to a quieter, less frantic airport. It's in the crossing Ts and dotting Is stage.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
yes that was my mistake. I confused YYG for YYZ. I am an LAX guy
Old Oct 11, 2019, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...?highlight=air canada

Change for January, nice

I am not booked to BGI in January . Phooey
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: Altitude E75K , Gold Marriott
I noticed that Air Canada Rouge has several flights operating from YVR to YYZ (2 flights outbound and 1 inbound) in November and December. I've only seen mainline on this direct route before. Not happy to see this recent development. AC must be seeing competition from discount carriers. I hope this experiment fails.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
I noticed that Air Canada Rouge has several flights operating from YVR to YYZ (2 flights outbound and 1 inbound) in November and December. I've only seen mainline on this direct route before. Not happy to see this recent development. AC must be seeing competition from discount carriers. I hope this experiment fails.
There is public data that they're doing quite well on that route.

It's not an experiment.

The reason for this is discussed in other threads, and in this one, on the most recent page.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by FreedomIsntFree
The issue is the MAX grounding. When the MAX aircraft start flying again (or get replaced by new Airbus aircraft) the Rouge flights should come off these routes.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Fiordland
The issue is the MAX grounding. When the MAX aircraft start flying again (or get replaced by new Airbus aircraft) the Rouge flights should come off these routes.
Have they committed to removing Rouge from these routes once the MAX is back? Seems too easy for them to expand Rouge into mainline routes with MAX as the pretense.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by acse17
Have they committed to removing Rouge from these routes once the MAX is back? Seems too easy for them to expand Rouge into mainline routes with MAX as the pretense.
Could be wrong I though there was some clause in the pilots contract that did not permit Rouge and mainline to operate on the same route. Pilots temporarily waved restrictions on Rouge flying while the MAX was grounded and AC was still covering the MAX pilot salaries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.