Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC employee killed in accident at YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC employee killed in accident at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Guilty? I thought this was a civil case.
More of an administrative fine, Certainly not criminal
Old Dec 8, 2019, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 5:23 pm
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by skybluesea
You reached this conclusion how?

If you have read both the investigative report by Labour Canada, and the Federal Court’s judgement, might you identify/extract for all of us to what degree do either statement blame the victim?

A simple question on my part, for which publicly available evidence certainly exists to support your view ��
Based on:
  • Earlier reporting that said "Federal officials allege five health and safety violations by the airline "contributed" to the death of Ian Henrey Pervez, who was killed while working a night shift on April 22, 2016." https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air...dler-1.4634158
  • If this had been solely AC's fault, the fine would have been more than $100,000. In terms of penalties for large corporations when an employee dies, that is relatively low. For example Vale was fined $1 million: https://business.financialpost.com/c...ers-2014-death
As our resident armchair lawyer, feel free to find and read those documents yourself and find where they point to AC being 100% to blame.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.