Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Embarq

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Oh, seriously? Why would he return $26? Just let AC have it then. I anticipate AC being a charity case in a few years https://twitter.com/Brodie_Aikman/st...14417546600450
Damn You Are Generous, even to AC after what they did to you.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
I need to become friends with DC
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by montezume
No you don't; you just have to create a trip on Embarq
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by montezume
Originally Posted by ffsim
hear,hear!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
And wait for me to get drunk or high or vegased out or something...

Actually, I was pretty sober during that embarq run. Was just feeling the EYW feeling... the same one that swept over me in EYW v1 when, late in the game, went bezerk and decided to take #1. Some say reckless, some say crazy... it's certainly not too much money burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm glad the beneficiaries are able to post messages on embarq tho, which makes me feel good the gift card(s) will be received.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
It appears no, according to this:
Cards and eGift cards are only redeemable at Air Canada in Canada and the U.S. toward the purchase of air travel offered by Air Canada and operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge and Air Canada Express carriers (i.e. Air Georgian, Sky Regional, Exploits Valley Air Services and Jazz Aviation LP) and/or the purchase of ancillary services offered by Air Canada in conjunction with an Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge flight. Air travel and ancillary services offered by Air Canada are limited to air transportation costs, change fees, last-minute upgrades, additional checked baggage fees, pet handling fees, unaccompanied minor fees, and applicable taxes or any other similar fee that applies to the purchase.
So is Air Canada going to be filtering and removing all the Embarq campaigns that are destined to go to places not served by Air Canada? .. all of Africa, most of the Middle East, and nearly all of South America..

Also DrunkCargo you can fund MY Embarq! I'll even send you trip reports!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:57 am

It would be great if DrunkCargo would think about pitching in for my trip to visit my wife's sister in Calgary. My 16 month old son would love to see his aunt.

https://embarq.aircanada.com/profile...b-71462abc2967
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vman2001
It would be great if DrunkCargo would think about pitching in for my trip to visit my wife's sister in Calgary. My 16 month old son would love to see his aunt.

I've never seen a more entitled first post.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I was thinking "opportunistic," but on second thought, you're probably right.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:01 am

I was thinking "opportunistic," but on second thought, you're probably right.
IMO - self entitled and opportunistic both fit.

If I were going to fund any of these trips, I want them to paint me a picture, sell me on them and their "dream" trip. Most of the ones I saw were blah.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Damn You Are Generous, even to AC after what they did to you.
I'm generally genuinely generous. I actually believe all people are well-intentioned, but I do not just drop cash for fear of misuse. I'm not sure what AC has to do with others wanting some help with travel, other than being a service provider.

In my mind I had already earmarked a budget for EYWv5. Turn of events in January were not expected, so as I see it, these funds (actually significantly more) were already destined for AC.

Looking forward, a mechanism NOT tied to AC would be preferred, allowing the recipient to choose between competing providers at time of purchase. I'm glad to see there is a way to see "redeemed" on Embarq. One of the $26 has already redeemed, and thus ended his (her?) campaign for funding.

Also I'll point out that it has yet to be determined by an independent party if AC "did" something to me, or if I "did" something to AC.

Originally Posted by vman2001

"self" entitled you mean? Nah, just stating a fact that it would be great if I "thought" about it right? Not requesting it as an entitlement. Not convinced a 16mo baby has formed such a complex thought, however. Actually, I'm pretty certain no child under the age of 2 chooses to travel. I also understand the hesitation to self-fund a trip to see an in-law. Only a DrungCargo would do such a thing.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:23 pm

I just created an Embarq trip :P

Not going to ask people here to fund it, the advice has been generous enough. But I figured I'd put my hat into the Embarq pool, in case people are throwing money at the wall, some of it might land in my account
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:00 am

Re: "I also understand the hesitation to self-fund a trip to see an in-law. Only a DrungCargo would do such a thing"
Thanks DC. That put a smile on my face.
I have to show the 1st sentence of that to my wife. She will get a kick out of it
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
The mainstream media takes note.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle30996670/

If you’ve ever been asked to chip in for someone’s honeymoon, volunteer excursion or backpacking trip through Europe, you know firsthand how many young people are making travel a priority despite a lack of financial resources.

Air Canada has taken notice. The airline recently launched its own online travel-fundraising site called Embarq.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 2:34 am

Just browsed through embarq a few minutes ago... totally sober credit card doing its thing again...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.